FATCAT 61,000 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 1 minute ago, Buddy said: You guys don't get it at all CNN was doing a livestream to release the results but it was cancelled the moment of release because ONE pollster mispronounced Buttigieg's last name. Clearly Bernie won! They found an error is the conducting of the poll, they can't verify that it was conducted correctly. You don't release polls that you think could be skewed, it would jeopardize their standing. This kitten over here (meow) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Buddy 5,686 Posted February 2, 2020 Author Share Posted February 2, 2020 Just now, FATCAT said: They found an error is the conducting of the poll, they can't verify that it was conducted correctly. You don't release polls that you think could be skewed, it would jeopardize their standing. LMFAO RIGHT, OK Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
POP2 4,206 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 Just now, Buddy said: LMFAO RIGHT, OK Why do Bernie supporters have to be so Trump-esque? Stop pushing conspiracy theories. -An actual Bernie Supporter Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FATCAT 61,000 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 Just now, Buddy said: LMFAO RIGHT, OK Listen, I think Bernie is going to edge out a victory in Iowa, and I think that's a good thing, but this thin-air conspiracy theory has no substance to it. Pollsters want to be closest to the results esspecially this close to the caucus. They don't just hide polls for the fun of it. This kitten over here (meow) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PoshLife 17,019 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 The Des Moines Register and their pollster are extremely well-respected when it comes to having their finger on the pulse of Iowa presidential politics. If they were to release a poll that had skewed results and was thus far off from the actual caucus result, it would damage their reputation. I know Sanders supporters think every single thing is a slight on Bernie, but DMR doesn't care about who wins the caucus, they care about making sure their polls are accurate so they can continue to get all the attention. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ctherainbow 3,162 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 I am 100% in support of more people being politically involved. However, I am not in support of people being politically involved but also ignorant. Is it POSSIBLE that the results could have been not released because the pollsters found a result they don’t like? Yes. But extremely reputable pollsters like the DMR would not risk their longstanding reputation for accuracy just to cover up a result they didn’t like. Ya’ll don’t seem to know the difference between reputable institutions and SurveyMonkey, and frankly, it’s nearly as frustrating as the ignorance/conspiracy theories coming from the far/Trump right. I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PoshLife 17,019 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 2 minutes ago, FATCAT said: Listen, I think Bernie is going to edge out a victory in Iowa, and I think that's a good thing, but this thin-air conspiracy theory has no substance to it. Pollsters want to be closest to the results esspecially this close to the caucus. They don't just hide polls for the fun of it. Plus, their poll in early January already had Sanders in the lead... so if anyone thinks they're trying to bury a poll because it has good news for Sanders, that just doesn't really add up. I'm with you on this - I think DMR is just concerned about their reputation as a respected pollster. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Emvee 8,896 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 Jesus Christ, it’s not that ****ing hard to pronounce Buttigieg Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FATCAT 61,000 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 6 minutes ago, ctherainbow said: I am 100% in support of more people being politically involved. However, I am not in support of people being politically involved but also ignorant. Is it POSSIBLE that the results could have been not released because the pollsters found a result they don’t like? Yes. But extremely reputable pollsters like the DMR would not risk their longstanding reputation for accuracy just to cover up a result they didn’t like. Ya’ll don’t seem to know the difference between reputable institutions and SurveyMonkey, and frankly, it’s nearly as frustrating as the ignorance/conspiracy theories coming from the far/Trump right. SurveyMonkey is a very reputable pollster. How are you slander their good name! They conducted the election results for both GGD elections that I won twice, handedly! This kitten over here (meow) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
calmar 22,831 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 13 minutes ago, Postboy said: Jesus Christ, it’s not that ****ing hard to pronounce Buttigieg I 100% would have mispronounced it before I heard it said for the first time in the correct way. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 Get it together OP... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Buddy 5,686 Posted February 2, 2020 Author Share Posted February 2, 2020 19 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said: Get it together OP... I have everything together. You'll see Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Emvee 8,896 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 29 minutes ago, calmar said: I 100% would have mispronounced it before I heard it said for the first time in the correct way. Yeah but we’re talking about people who work in politics and have known him as a public figure for a year now. No excuse Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion Heart 15,041 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 #ReleaseThePoll now trending. I wonder if something will come from this. But this has definitely pissed off many people based from online reactions. ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bt1 5,213 Posted February 2, 2020 Share Posted February 2, 2020 Wow. The second thread this week made by a Bernie supporter who started as fake news. The vote is so close. It doesnt matter. Bernie and Biden are the favourites. What is important now is the actual vote. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.