achievement

E! : best SB halftime shows of all time #3 Gaga #2 MJ #1 Prince

Enhsa

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

He was great. Great vocals, great performing and energy, great musicianship, great outfit. Not a huge fan of his songs so that takes away some points and also lacking a bit on the stage/effects. But outside of Prince and MJ, him and LG are the most talented  halftime performers.

Imagine being me and missing this iconic performance. Thanks for blessing me sis lol.

2School4Cool
10 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Bruno is underrated just cos he is not white and hot for many of these hennys. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjrYcXA_hEMkAiRVVNaoZ

I love that picture of him so much. It reminds me of the iconic images of Michael Jackson holding his 8 Grammys for Thriller in 1984. Bruno really has a huge career ahead of him.

See The Best In Everyone

2School4Cool
6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Nah it’s just that his music isn’t anything new. It isn’t *bad* by any stretch but it just lifts the classic sounds without really adding much and the same goes for his stage persona and performances. It’s basically just Motown And nothing new which is why I’m not a fan (I love Motown btw). I think if you’re going to do a retro sound, you need to do it like Leon Bridges where his sound is VERY firmly rooted in classic sounds of famous black musicians that came before him, but he gives it that hit of modernity *just* enough for it to feel necessary and relevant now. I don’t think BM does that, personally, but to each their own. He’s massively talented, I will not deny him that. I just don’t find what he does to be exceptionally interesting or fresh and for that deserving of incredible accolades or praise. Even BeyoncĂ© and Gagz, who both owe a lot to past pop and rock stars, have their own distinctive elements they bring and for that they’re important to the industry and keep it moving.

I respect your opinion entirely, but I think he still has his own signature sound. If you listen to his second album Unorthodox Jukebox, it’s full of a mix of genres such as blues, hip-hop, doo-wop, reggae, funk, piano ballads, rock, etc. Every song sounds so different, but against all odds, the album flows so smoothly and they all make a cohesive album, and I think this is due to Bruno’s own signature sound that is able to link together such a wide variety of sounds. I also find it impressive that he can adapt his sound to almost any genre out there. While many people have mastered how to write a great pop song or a great rock song, Bruno has mastered just how to write a great song, regardless of genre, which I think is a unique skill that is much harder to find. Again I totally respect your position, this is just my point of view as a fan :)

See The Best In Everyone

13 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I disagree. It is props over props over props.

It is a problem when you supposedly have a huge night but the news were not talking about you, but the left shark instead.

Also, no. YONCÉ is NOT overrated. She is being in in the industry long enough to get this  adoration and respect.  Dare I say she is much like Madonna were in the early 2000s, where she had the highest high of her career, having babies, and reconstruct her artistry. Y'all just didn't see it, or just hate it that she is not white person. Shall she is, I bet there will be no overrated complain to begin with. Y'all be denying it now that I point it out, but I am 100% sure of it. 

I don't really pay attention to what other people say about performances, I just mean what I feel and Katy did an amazing job considering we all thought her live vocals wouldn't be up to it. She absolutely smashed it.

Also, calm down, I'm talking about Beyoncé's SB performance being overrated, not her as a artist lmao :madge:

4 hours ago, 2School4Cool said:

I respect your opinion entirely, but I think he still has his own signature sound. If you listen to his second album Unorthodox Jukebox, it’s full of a mix of genres such as blues, hip-hop, doo-wop, reggae, funk, piano ballads, rock, etc. Every song sounds so different, but against all odds, the album flows so smoothly and they all make a cohesive album, and I think this is due to Bruno’s own signature sound that is able to link together such a wide variety of sounds. I also find it impressive that he can adapt his sound to almost any genre out there. While many people have mastered how to write a great pop song or a great rock song, Bruno has mastered just how to write a great song, regardless of genre, which I think is a unique skill that is much harder to find. Again I totally respect your position, this is just my point of view as a fan :)

All fair points to make! At the end of the day, I’m not the final arbiter for what is great and what isn’t. I just know my own feels on it and if this music is going to be out there I’m happy someone likes it a lot. I definitely don’t dislike his stuff, it just doesn’t resonate with me, but I know artists I adore who don’t resonate with others. It is what it is and not everything is for everyone. Glad you found an artist you jive a lot with!

Daylight Jokers
5 hours ago, Ziggy said:

All fair points to make! At the end of the day, I’m not the final arbiter for what is great and what isn’t. I just know my own feels on it and if this music is going to be out there I’m happy someone likes it a lot. I definitely don’t dislike his stuff, it just doesn’t resonate with me, but I know artists I adore who don’t resonate with others. It is what it is and not everything is for everyone. Glad you found an artist you jive a lot with!

A mature conversation on GGD? My shook has been shooketh by a shookether.

Archived