Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga should be recognized as a street style pioneer

Reject False Icons

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons

The looks in 2014 prove it because she didn’t strictly used high fashion nor typical feminine shapes.
And she really Experimented with her rock influences and the avant-garde style she’s known for, a time before street style was more popular. If you look at the Asian street style you would see it resembles with the style Gaga In this time. Once again she’s years ahead of us

16394747-6-E00-44-D3-BA44-29435-EA11866.

5-D00-F172-8542-44-AA-BA0-D-C4-EEC6590-E

IllusionLover

We need @ARTPOPthatbooty opinions on this.

OT: the way she literally created Billie Eilish and Nicki Minaj with those outfits

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

I think she was (and occasionally still is) very ahead of her game, regarding the mix of casual and couture for street style looks.

That said, I wonder how much impact it had on others directly.

3 points in and ready for more

LaMaisonGaga

That is absolutely correct. Gaga has always been a shapeshifter and set trends. As @Miel pointed out, she was ahead of her time.

She wore brands waaaay before they became mainstream in the Street Style/Hypebeast scene ( such as Givenchy, DOPE, Balmain etc.), wore emerging designers before they blew up (Vetements, KTZ, Christian Cowan etc.) and incoorporated runway-only pieces into casual street-style looks, making a lot of couture items look like ready-to-wear even.

She is the embodiment of fashion of the future.

lamaisongaga.com

Reject False Icons
5 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

We need @ARTPOPthatbooty opinions on this.

OT: the way she literally created Billie Eilish and Nicki Minaj with those outfits

YESSSSS 

LMG coming in with facts! Thanks @ARTPOPthatbooty

I particularly think about her consistently wearing DOG brand from Japan in 2010-2011. That to me was, retroactively, a heavy precursor and indication to Japanese street style making its way to more Western audiences in the 10's.

3 points in and ready for more

Glamourpuss

I always think about how fashion changed dramatically when Gaga became famous. There were fingerless gloves everywhere, Spanx worn as outerwear and all the pop stars at the time started dressing more Gaga. It seems only the fans notice her influence in current trends. 

HeavyCapiLover

Well today's new pop stars can put weird/original clothes and people think that's cool, gaga opened that door for them and she got throught a bun of criticism and hate for that. They really should be thankful to her.

4 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I always think about how fashion changed dramatically when Gaga became famous. There were fingerless gloves everywhere, Spanx worn as outerwear and all the pop stars at the time started dressing more Gaga. It seems only the fans notice her influence in current trends. 

Beyonce and Rihanna were in flowery dresses, crop tshirts and jeans before Gaga from what I can remember. She opened the door for people to be more bold with their image. She had more of an impact than Cher who, may I add, had some of the best pop culture outfits we've ever seen

2 minutes ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

Well today's new pop stars can put weird/original clothes and people think that's cool, gaga opened that door for them and she got throught a bun of criticism and hate for that. They really should be thankful to her.

Exactly. People focussed on the "she's attention seeking" instead of how she actually impacted fashion and showbiz imagery. 

Archived