Stupid Love
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Warren confronted by voter

Featured Posts

PoshLife

Paying for something that has never been free = "getting screwed"

Noted.

Also, if Warren's plan to make college free for almost everybody doesn't cover you, then I have to imagine you don't need the help.

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Faysalaaa
5 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Paying for something that has never been free = "getting screwed"

Noted.

Also, if Warren's plan to make college free for almost everybody doesn't cover you, then I have to imagine you don't need the help.

I agree with Warrens plan, but alot of people struggled for years and got screwed financially to get into college without loan. I understand why they feel bad, but I still disagree with them.

Eighteen

i understand what he's saying but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. you can't give free college and then on top of that reimburse everyone who paid. i mean he should look at it this way: his daughter won't have to worry about paying for his grandchildren's college, isn't that worth it? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

HorusRa2

Warren did a poor job of deescalating that encounter. This is why her favorability is so much lower than Biden and Bernie, who do a much better job at handling questions and empathizing with others. 

Let me also say that I agree with Warren for her stance even though I don't agree with how she handled the question. 

Edited by HorusRa2
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy
6 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

Um what is he complaining about?

That he saved up and now tuition would be free from my understanding :air:

He can use the money for something else now it's not gone :madge:

It's based on income if I'm not mistaken that help gets cut off right? If so, saved up money shouldn't be a problem

Economy
2 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

i understand what he's saying but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. you can't give free college and then on top of that reimburse everyone who paid. i mean he should look at it this way: his daughter won't have to worry about paying for his grandchildren's college, isn't that worth it? 

Oh I misunderstood did he mean he already payed for it and not have debt now?

Eighteen
1 minute ago, Economy said:

yeah i think he paid for it. and he's mad because his friend who instead of saving for their kids' college had fun with the money and now won't be penalized for it (in the way of making financial sacrifices like he did for his daughter)

Edited by Eighteen
  • Like 3

HorusRa2
Just now, Economy said:

He had spent all his savings to pay off the student debt. Now he wants his money back since she wants to eliminate student debt. 

PartySick
Just now, HorusRa2 said:

He had spent all his savings to pay off the student debt. Now he wants his money back since she wants to eliminate student debt. 

So basically

q5tmfm14rpw31.jpg?auto=webp&s=41fc23c2c5

I'm a person and the person that I am can change 🥀
  • Like 10
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 2
  • Thanks 2

Eighteen
4 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

Warren did a poor job of deescalating that encounter. This is why her favorability is so much lower than Biden and Bernie, who do a much better job at handling questions and empathizing with others. 

i agree she could have done a better job. but that's not why her favorability is so much lower lol

HorusRa2
Just now, Eighteen said:

i agree she could have done a better job. but that's not why her favorability is so much lower lol

That's speculation on my part, yes. In part because she's now trusted less than joe biden on the issues of immigration, the economy, healthcare, climate, etc per recent polling. And because of some political miscalculations by her fault that have brought into question her authenticity. She's at about 95% name ID with 11% or so who say they've heard of her but don't have an opinion of her. So her favorability isn't low because of lack of name ID. 

Why do you think her favorability is low? 

M Monstre

I completely understand his frustration because that must be a very difficult situation to deal with, but at the same time, if he  were to get reimburstment, then you have to ask people before  him what they feel, and then so on and so forth. At that point, it would just be an endless cycle of people asking to get their money back. That's not realistic. 

• Like 1

Economy
41 minutes ago, PartySick said:

So basically

q5tmfm14rpw31.jpg?auto=webp&s=41fc23c2c5

I don't think an extreme example like this is the exact same situation at all :air:

I do get his point of view. Some ppl may have had the choice to make different decisions and didn't, and now if the plan went forward they walk away stock free

Doesn't mean I'm fully against student debt cancellation but his feelings are justified tho

If I sacraficed a lot to avoid student debt or minimize it and another friend of mine didn't so he got more debt it's like, what was the point of stressing out or making these sacraficed? I could of had my debt wiped out anyway

So his anger is not completely unjustified 

Edited by Economy
  • Like 4