Stupid Love
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Many support strike on Iranian general

Featured Posts

Woolfsmck

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-many-us-support-trump-130022594.html?soc_src=yahooapp

AP poll shows support for decision but widely disagree with overall foreign policy..

I'm in the same boat here....

Legit target, wrong timing and not really effective...

Iran still hates us, less likely to negotiate or end the standoff over nuclear refinment...

Edited by Woolfsmck
like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

SEANGT

what does it mean to support the strike but not the effectiveness? It was obvious killing this man would not be strategically advantageous for the united states before it happened. We're all worse off now. 

Faysalaaa

Yeah the American people love war, the only reason some statistics show otherwise is because nobody thinks of themselves as pro war.

But Bush won twice because of war, Trump is trying to do the same with the help of Democrats, and nobody seems to mind war when Obama and Hilary do it. And the left and right media keep pushing Trump for more wars in Syria, Venezuela, Iran, Yemen..

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Woolfsmck
3 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

what does it mean to support the strike but not the effectiveness? It was obvious killing this man would not be strategically advantageous for the united states before it happened. We're all worse off now. 

It's not that obvious to some of the leadership ,  especially Trump since he gave to okay...

His thinking was ...(who knows)...

Reality is it pushed Iran farther away from the US..along with a number of other countries...

Soleimeni was a legit military target in a war with Islamic extremists tho...he was no innocent bystander.

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • Like 1

Eighteen

they feel that way because, luckily, things worked out for trump THIS time. he did almost set off a war with this.

• Like 1

Faysalaaa
17 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

Soleimeni was a legit military target in a war with Islamic extremists tho...he was no innocent bystander.

What war with Islamic extremism? 

Edited by Faysalaaa

Woolfsmck
9 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

What war with Islamic extremism? 

isis isn't the only extremist Islamic organization at war the the U.S. and the rest of the non Islamic world...

no sense in putting a spin on reality here.

Faysalaaa
6 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

isis isn't the only extremist Islamic organization at war the the U.S. and the rest of the non Islamic world...

no sense in putting a spin on reality here.

You said he was a legit target in a war, but he was not part of any war. but hes not a legit target in a war, this was a random killing of a foreign country general. Does this mean hes a good man, obviously not.

Edited by Faysalaaa

Woolfsmck
10 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

You said he was a legit target in a war, but he was not part of any war. but hes not a legit target in a war, this was a random killing of a foreign country general. Does this mean hes a good man, obviously not.

Its not a random target...and not recognizing the problem only perpetuates it … 

bury your head in the sand if you want , but reality here is much different.

HorusRa2

Ok. So, basically Americans have believed the american corporate media that have been the cheerleaders for every war known to man. They do this because it's good for business, defense contractors and for keeping the balance of power in the favor of american imperialism. The fact of the matter is that with regard to war, the american corporate media is nothing more than state propaganda. Full stop. 

The fact that the US is aligned with Saudi Arabia and decries on countries like Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan is ridiculous. Out of all of these countries, our beloved ally, Saudi Arabia, is the country that funds the terrorists that we claim to be fighting against. It's honestly baffling. The information is out there but too many americans would rather turn on CNN than to do actual research. 

The reason Democrats decided to not impeach Trump over this attack is because they're not upset that he did what he did. They're only upset that he didn't ask for permission first. Both the democratic and republican political establishment are pro-war but they do the whole political theater pretending that they don't. And quite frankly, both parties don't give a flying **** about the service members they order to commit their acts of war in nearly every other country in the world that isn't white and christian. 

Faysalaaa
13 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

Its not a random target...and not recognizing the problem only perpetuates it … 

bury your head in the sand if you want , but reality here is much different.

I do recognize the problem, I just dont propagandize the problem.

And yes it is a random personal target, you cant claim otherwise.

Even Fox News openly admits this, yet you claim otherwise? Here are some Fox News videos to educate you on this subject: 

Edited by Faysalaaa

Economy
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

Yeah the American people love war, the only reason some statistics show otherwise is because nobody thinks of themselves as pro war.

But Bush won twice because of war, Trump is trying to do the same with the help of Democrats, and nobody seems to mind war when Obama and Hilary do it. And the left and right media keep pushing Trump for more wars in Syria, Venezuela, Iran, Yemen..

It's two camps...

A lot of ppl in America are dying for Military budget to be reduced to help fund other things and for the US to not get involved in so many world affairs all the time

• Love 1

Faysalaaa
15 minutes ago, Economy said:

It's two camps...

A lot of ppl in America are dying for Military budget to be reduced to help fund other things and for the US to not get involved in so many world affairs all the time

It seems like there is huge social awareness movement in America on issues like cultural appropriation and pronouns, but when it comes to real issues that effect peoples life, nobody cares. Where is the outrage and fighting for human rights went?  This is fake shallow brainwashed wokeness. 

Yes alot of people are against war, but its still not enough people. People who are anti war dont really fight against it, they feel apathetic because its a hopeless fight. And alot of them are easily propagandized to support war, and then realize its all a lie 2 decades later.

Edited by Faysalaaa

Woolfsmck
52 minutes ago, Economy said:

It's two camps...

most of the educated non tunnel vision people in America see the path we are on right now as self destructing ...

our military budget does need to be reduced and the global foot print needs to take a step back so we can fix the problem in America and help our allies better …   

also ,, I don't follow Fox News as an information source at all ,, they are opinion and politically driven propaganda … only reason to use them as a source to counter balance all the bs in the news system .. you can clearly see what they are doing if you take a broader view of the information system.

• Like 1

HorusRa2
Just now, Woolfsmck said:

most of the educated non tunnel vision people in America see the path we are on right now as self destructing ...

our military budget does need to be reduced and the global foot print needs to take a step back so we can fix the problem in America and help our allies better …   

also ,, I don't follow Fox News as an information source at all ,, they are opinion and politically driven propaganda … only reason to use them as a source to counter balance all the bs in the news system .. you can clearly see what they are doing if you take a broader view of the information system.

To be absolutely fair: CNN, MSNBC and the NYT were saying a lot of the same things that Fox said when Solemani was killed. They all brought on the higher ups in the military and foreign policy establishment (current and former) and the overall gist was that they agreed with the murder but not the execution of it and the fact congress was not consulted first. Their stance on the action itself are in alignment with Fox News and that should tell you everything you need to know about it (in my view). 

• Like 1