💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

TONIGHT - Star Trek: Picard

gabeoz

Featured Posts

Economy
Just now, gabeoz said:

Show? That's a hard one. I love them all tbh. My favorite probably has to be DS9, I even own the box set. Nemesis is definitely my favorite movie.

I love DS9 too in fact I'm rewhatching it now :giveup:

It goes deep into cultural and political implications that the other star treks do not

I also like seeing the dark sides of the federation and the more realistic characters and officers that don't always act near perfect and so formal

Star Trek Voyager used to piss me off for that... It was my fav star trek as a kid and what first got me into SciFi but the characters are so dry and sound so formal and over rehearsed. Like they don't act human at all :air:

Don't even get me started on the horrible contradictions on Voyager that are non stop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

Damn you really had to reopen the dark matter cancellation wound didn't you 

Did u whatch Dark matter? :green:

I was so pissed. To the point that I yelled that Saturday morning when I got up to check if it was renewed that's how frikken into Dark Matter I was :cryga:

Also it was the same director that made the StarGate series and at the time I didn't even know... Guess my tastes perfectly align with his style :sweat:

Just now, Economy said:

Did u whatch Dark matter? :green:

I was so pissed. To the point that I yelled that Saturday morning when I got up to check if it was renewed that's how frikken into Dark Matter I was :cryga:

Also it was the same director that made the StarGate series and at the time I didn't even know... Guess my tastes perfectly align with his style :sweat:

Yes I am obsessed with dark matter

I walk around sometimes with a blank stare and say "boobs"

Economy
Just now, Doot said:

Yes I am obsessed with dark matter

I walk around sometimes with a blank stare and say "boobs"

Hahahahahaha I had forgotten about boobs :ladyhaha:

That show was sooooo good tho :giveup:

Do u know why it got cancelled? It was all Killjoys fault. That reductive version of Dark Matter :grr:

The cliffhanger we were left with in season 3 is beyond tragic and I almost wanted to sue for leaving me tramatized emotionally for that injustice 

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

Just now, nefasto said:

I love ST Discovery, this serie is gonna be on Netflix too? 

Unfortunately not, it changed. CBS All Access in the US, Crave/CTV Scifi in Canada, and Amazon Prime outside of North America.

Economy
Just now, nefasto said:

I love ST Discovery, this serie is gonna be on Netflix too? 

I don't think it's gonna be on Netflix anytime soon given its a CBS content at least not in North America

Is Star Trek Discovery your favorite of the star trek series?

Just now, Economy said:

Hahahahahaha I had forgotten about boobs :ladyhaha:

That show was sooooo good tho :giveup:

Do u know why it got cancelled? It was all Killjoys fault. That reductive version of Dark Matter :grr:

The cliffhanger we were left with in season 3 is beyond tragic and I almost wanted to sue for leaving me tramatized emotionally for that injustice 

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

Creator continues to occasionally lobby for a mini series to wrap things up but at this point everyone is busy doing other things 

First dark matter, santa Clarita, and now mindhunter sad the office GIF

6 minutes ago, Economy said:

I love DS9 too in fact I'm rewhatching it now :giveup:

It goes deep into cultural and political implications that the other star treks do not

I also like seeing the dark sides of the federation and the more realistic characters and officers that don't always act near perfect and so formal

Star Trek Voyager used to piss me off for that... It was my fav star trek as a kid and what first got me into SciFi but the characters are so dry and sound so formal and over rehearsed. Like they don't act human at all :air:

Don't even get me started on the horrible contradictions on Voyager that are non stop

I love DS9 for it's darker side. 

I have a love hate relationship with Star Trek Voyager because it can be pretty strong at points, but when it's bad, its BAD bad. 

GRIMEZSZ
Just now, gabeoz said:

Unfortunately not, it changed. CBS All Access in the US, Crave/CTV Scifi in Canada, and Amazon Prime outside of North America.

Oh sad, at least Discovery still is a netflix partnership.. Well, I'm going to have to download Picard illegally :stalkga:

3 minutes ago, Economy said:

I don't think it's gonna be on Netflix anytime soon given its a CBS content at least not in North America

Is Star Trek Discovery your favorite of the star trek series?

Mm i really love the show, but I just watched the Chris Pine movies and i follow Discovery..I'm just a young stan of this franchise, someday maybe I'm going to see all the others, but idk I'm not into the old  special effects lol

Economy
17 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

I love DS9 for it's darker side. 

I have a love hate relationship with Star Trek Voyager because it can be pretty strong at points, but when it's bad, its BAD bad. 

Literally 100% how I feel about it!

What I Love

- I love the set for Voyager. The ship looks cool

- it has the most episodes with Borg encounters which I love

- the concept of being lost alone on other side of galaxy is cool

- on an episode by episode basis it's great. I never felt like it had boring filler episodes that weren't worth whatching

- second half whatching 7 of 9 and her human progression was also cool to whatch

what I hated

- Half the cast was super dry with no personality. Harry Kim and Kes in particular were one saltless piece of toast. Chakotay was only marginally better and Tuvok only gets a pass cuz hes Vulcan. I get that Vulcans are supposed to be dry but when half the characters are already dry and boring to begin with, an emotionless Vulcan added to that is just excessive

- some characters like the doctor and neelix had excessive personality like they were trying to compensate for the dry characters. Basically in general the characters were bad

- Captain Janeways acting was absolutely horrendous first few seasons although it improved in the latter seasons. It was so stiff and exagerated

- The speech and style felt WAY too formal. Again, the characters and their interactions were not very human or realistic

- it was one of the worst if not the worst star Trek for contradictions. Enough ppl die thruout series to kill entire crew over (that they can't replace), or they say they can't replace their 30 something torpedoes and then never explain how they used way more than that throughout series and little stuff like that was happening constantly

Voyager was cool in some aspects but extremely annoying and infuriating in others

Economy
13 minutes ago, nefasto said:

Oh sad, at least Discovery still is a netflix partnership.. Well, I'm going to have to download Picard illegally :stalkga:

Mm i really love the show, but I just watched the Chris Pine movies and i follow Discovery..I'm just a young stan of this franchise, someday maybe I'm going to see all the others, but idk I'm not into the old  special effects lol

I mean the special effects are only super terrible in the original series lol with Kirk (William Shatner)

Star Trek The Next Generation (the second one with Patrick Stewart) started with weaker quality first couple seasons but the quality of production went way up after after season 3 (maybe due to popularity it's budget was increased I dunno)

Deep Space 9 and Voyager (3rd and 4th series) by 1990s standards had great graphics and production but obviously not as amazing as Discovery

The 5th Star Trek series Enterprise (one of my faves) which came out in the 2000s I thought was pretty decent quality too although again u can't compare it to modern CGI that discovery got

For me the original series and the first 2 seasons of the next generation are the only hard ones for me to whatch... Everything else I thought was fine in terms of production

GRIMEZSZ
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

I mean the special effects are only super terrible in the original series lol with Kirk (William Shatner)

Star Trek The Next Generation (the second one with Patrick Stewart) started with weaker quality first couple seasons but the quality of production went way up after after season 3 (maybe due to popularity it's budget was increased I dunno)

Deep Space 9 and Voyager (3rd and 4th season) by 1990s standards had great graphics and production but obviously not as amazing as Discovery

The 5th Star Trek series Enterprise (one of my faves) which came out in the 2000s I thought was pretty decent quality too although again u can't compare it to modern CGI that discovery got

For me the original series and the first 2 seasons of the next generation are the only hard ones for me to whatch... Everything else I thought was fine in terms of production

Oh thanks for the receipts, i really want to watch this franchise, i love the star trek world, Discovery is so awesome and i love it:party:

26 minutes ago, Economy said:

Literally 100% how I feel about it!

What I Love

- I love the set for Voyager. The ship looks cool

- it has the most episodes with Borg encounters which I love

- the concept of being lost alone on other side of galaxy is cool

- on an episode by episode basis it's great. I never felt like it had boring filler episodes that weren't worth whatching

- second half whatching 7 of 9 and her human progression was also cool to whatch

what I hated

- Half the cast was super dry with no personality. Harry Kim and Kes in particular were one saltless piece of toast. Chakotay was only marginally better and Tuvok if he wasn't Vulcan wasn't on the list

- some characters like the doctor and neelix had excessive personality like they were trying to make up for the dry characters. Basically in general the characters were bad

- Captain Janeways acting was absolutely horrendous first few seasons although it improved in the latter seasons. It was so stiff and exagerated

- The speech and style felt WAY too formal. Again, the characters and their interactions were not very human or realistic

- it was one of the worst if not the worst star Trek for contradictions. Enough ppl die thruout series to kill entire crew over (that they can't replace), or they say they can't replace their 30 something torpedoes and then never explain how they used way more than that throughout series and little stuff like that was happening constantly

Voyager was cool in some aspects but extremely annoying and infuriating in others

I completely agree with you (except I loved Kes). It just felt like so many of the characters couldve used an overhaul and really brought the series down. I really enjoyed how Voyager did some lore building in the Delta quadrant and how it really expanded the Borg (which ST: Picard focuses on as well), I just feel that at times it would've been better to have a story arch instead of constant one-offs.

22 minutes ago, Economy said:

A little tidbit- showrunners on The Next Generation struggled greatly with budget restraints the entire run of the show, if you notice, a lot of the space scenes of the Enterprise D were simply re-purposed for several episodes spanning the show's entire run. And budget restraints are mostly the reason why retrofitting became a thing in Trek, the showrunners couldn't afford to create new ships so they just used existing ship models which is why you still see Miranda class ships and what not flying around in the TNG era. And the design of the Enterprise D was more of a curse to them. This was before CGI was a thing so they had these giant productions models of the Enterprise D, but because the design language is so weird and awkward it had very few mounting points and it was incredibly front heavy so they struggled to even hold it in place, not to mention the struggle they had to get any good angle shots of the  Enterprise D. So that made it just so much more expensive to try to even get good shots of it. 

In fact, they struggled so much with budget that after production on the TNG era movie 'Generations' (the movie where the Enterprise D was destroyed) the production team actually just took off the 'D' on the production model and changed it to 'E', in case they needed to reuse it for the next Star Trek movie. 

Economy
31 minutes ago, nefasto said:

Oh thanks for the receipts, i really want to watch this franchise, i love the star trek world, Discovery is so awesome and i love it:party:

Each star trek series is unique so I dunno which to recommend. I'll break it down

1st series: The Original series was original. I give it props for starting something special tho I have a very hard time enjoying it because the acting style and graphics are so terribly outdated

2nd Series: Star Trek The Next Generation in terms of acting and production quality started rough first couple seasons as I said but saw massive improvement in later seasons... What I love about this series is that the characters were great and relatable. The Captain (Patrik Stewart) did a great job too and this series was packed with one adventure after the other

It was a simmilar concept to the original series but a modern upgrade much better well done. It's not surprising this was the most popular and most successful of all the Star Trek series so far to date

3rd Series: Star Trek Deep Space 9 is unique. They don't travel on a ship to explore. This takes place in a space station owned by a race of aliens that just went thru an occupation and slavery by another race. The Federation (which includes humans) are sent to help them rebuild. This series goes into deep political aspects and the dark sides and less perfect sides of the Federation. It also explores Alien cultures in a way no other star trek series do

Deep Space 9 tho is one hell of a roller coaster. It has the highest highs in star trek when things get tense (including some wars) but it also has the lowest lows including a slow start to the series and a lot of filler episodes when nothing major is going on. It's the best Star Trek in many ways but it also has some dam ass boring moments

4th Series: Voyager had the first female captain and this star trek was unique in the sense that the ship was blown across the Galaxy and they were cut off from contact with earth and were on their own trying to get back.

Voyager in my opinion is the best star Trek on an episode by episode basis (I never felt like it had boring filler episodes). But frankly I found it the worst star trek character wise. The characters all either had too much personality or not enough. And Voyager if you pay attention is also loaded with tones of little contradictions

5th Star Trek: Star Trek Enterprise is a prequel it takes place earlier in time when humans first started exploring space. It explains a lot of the initial starts of stuff the other star treks don't explain. This star trek has more action than all the previous star treks (deep space 9 isn't far off tho) and the characters are also pretty relatable (like in deep space 9 and the next generation as well)

Overall Deep Space 9 and Enterprise are my 2 favs but because one is a prequel and one explores stuff in depth and dark side they probably aren't the best to start with because you probably won't appreciate them as much without getting the standard star trek feel first

Voyager I'd say is a good one to start with or the next generation as well.

One thing all previous star treks have in common is that the later seasons were all better than the first ones for some reason... Literally goes for every single one :air:

All of them get better story lines after first couple seasons and in the case of The Next Generation the production quality gets a bit upgrade. The acting also started out weak on Voyager and Next Generation which also improved a lot

Deep Space 9 and Enterprise the acting was always fine tho and characters always good

Deep Space 9 and Enterprise have the least flaws in my opinion. They both got off to a slow start tho that's the thing. And deep space 9 occasionally continued to periodically get boring filler moments everytime tensions slowed down for a while (since it had ongoing political and war problems that would escalate but also improve at times)

Archived