💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stupid Love's genre is synthwave, NOT pop/dance/EDM

Woohoo

Featured Posts

"Synthwave (also called outrun, retrowave, or futuresynth) is a genre of electronic music and an internet phenomenon influenced by 1980s film soundtracks and video games.

According to musician Perturbator the style is mainly instrumental, and often contains 1980s clichéd elements in the sound such as electronic drums, gated reverb, and analog synthesizer bass lines and leads (Synthwave artists and producers typically use vintage equipment from the early/mid 1980s, as opposed to sampled sounds) - all to resemble tracks from that time period."

-source: professor wikipedia

Pop music stands for popular music, and the pop scene atm is either billie-pop, that same hip hop/trap crap, or tropical pop which always gets a free ticket to the charts

80's bass?  electronic drums?  retro synth?  gated reverb? 

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edonis

Your definition of pop music is grossly outdated :enigma:

Anyways, lyrically, it resembles a pop song. It's definitely a synth-pop dance song. 

Didymus

:rip:

No, no and no. There's not enough detail and depth in the instrumental to qualify as synthwave. It's just dance-pop.

1 minute ago, Loeppke said:

thank u

remember when i asked gaga for synthwave in lg6? ugh my psychic mind

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

:rip:

No, no and no. There's not enough detail and depth in the instrumental to qualify as synthwave. It's just dance-pop.

it literally checks all of the synthwave 'requirements' which i listed :poot:

as 'dance-pop' which is too vague with no real classifications and it's more of a sub-genre

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Woohoo said:

it literally checks all of the synthwave 'requirements' which i listed :poot:

as 'dance-pop' which is too vague with no real classifications and it's more of a sub-genre

No, it doesn't :toofunny: Where's the synths? Katy's Never Really Over has more synth accents than Stupid Love but I'm sure you won't call that song synthwave :ladyhaha:

Dance-pop is vague, yes, but so is the genre of SL :flop: It's very mildly inspired by synthpop (not synthwave) but it's mostly just a regular pop song that relies on a beat and a few typical chords. It doesn't really have a specific music genre is the right answer.

anyone know any songs/artists similar to Stupid Love?

I'm addicted :enigma:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

3 minutes ago, Gam said:

dance with the dead :enigma: they have tons of synthwave instrumentals and they bang

my favorite is 'the deep' which sounds really similar and got compared with DWUW :ohwell:

FlopSlurper
21 minutes ago, Gam said:

I think these sound similar

You can look up Body Talk by Robyn if you want more of these (especially call your girlfriend)

myusername

The cyberpunk style comes hard this year, so it's a good idea to include cyberpunk music on LG6 (synth wave, techno trance and dubstep) 

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

youre saying that its not edm, then you say that synth wave is a genre of edm...

girl, its pop. bye 

Archived