• the pre-chorus
    • the chorus
    • the bridge

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

The pre-chorus and the bridge are clearly the best parts. The pre-chorus is slightly better imo but I must say I have the bridge stuck in my head for a day now :whitney: I wish it was part of a chorus melody somehow.

johnwayne1993

The pre-chorus is what I hope the album will steer towards, I think it's her hint of vibe, it has definitely bowie influence in her tone. Ultimately she had to make the lead single radio friendly which is where I think the chorus comes in, but I think the part where she really owns in the pre-chorus!

Battle 4 Ur Life

I voted pre-chorus but it’s actually the part where it starts. :firega:

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

FfFfFfFF
27 minutes ago, Eggs said:

That one-two hit of the "Freak out, freak out" bit and the "all I ever wanted was love" bit is really extraordinary. Hook-laden, great flow, and taking the song in exciting and unexpected new directions. And then it's followed by that void of a chorus. 

Tbh from this perspective it could be better than the chorus doesn't have too much melody because it keeps the song spacious and gives room to breathe for the melody.

IAmNotHere1997

The "Gotta have faith in me" is definitely my favourite part...her inner Cher really did not come to play, I fear for the rest of the album

giphy.gif

FfFfFfFF
29 minutes ago, scheisseJK said:

Where is the option that best is everything in that song? :firega::diane:

There is not one per se but you could vote for all because I set the poll to accept multiple answers. :diane:

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

The "Gotta have faith in me" is definitely my favourite part...her inner Cher really did not come to play, I fear for the rest of the album

giphy.gif

I did stalk your last.fm and I was expecting a bit more scrobbles for Stupid Love, not gonna lie. :poot: :sis:

giphy.gif

IAmNotHere1997
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

I did stalk your last.fm and I was expecting a bit more scrobbles for Stupid Love, not gonna lie. :poot: :sis:

giphy.gif

For some reason it does not scrobble at all to me, but I listened to it about 10 times. Not trying to overplay a leak :pray:

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, highlyreductive said:

WHO SAID THE INTRO :air::air::air::air::air::air:

you can click and see the names. :poot: Confront them. :classy:

1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Which is, in your opinion, the best segment of Stupid Love? 

The song's structure goes like this:

Intro - the edited house vocals at the very beginning of the song

The first half of the verse - You’re the one that I've been waiting for / Gotta quit this crying, nobody's gonna/ Heal me if I don’t open the door / Kinda hard to believe (Gotta have faith in me)

The second half of the verse - Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out (Look at me)/ Get down, get down, get down, get down (Look at me) / Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out / Look at me now

The pre-chorus - 'Cause all I ever wanted was love, and then the humming, ooohs and synths

The chorus - I want your stupid love, love/ I want your stupid love, love/ (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)

The bridge - I don't need a reason (Oh)/ Not sorry, I want your stupid love/ I don't need a reason (Oh)/ Not sorry, I want your stupid love/ Higher, higher

Imo it's between the second half of the verse (that sticked out to me ever since I listened to the snippets) and the pre-chorus. The synths sound so glossy and spacious. :diane: The chorus is the part I like the least.

Verses don't tend to repeat like a pre-chorus does. It's almost as if the "freak, freak out" verse is actually Prechorus 1. I love this different structure

Archived