• the intro
    • the first half of the verse
    • the second half of the verse
    • the pre-chorus
    • the chorus
    • the bridge

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Which is, in your opinion, the best segment of Stupid Love? 

The song's structure goes like this:

Intro - the edited house vocals at the very beginning of the song

The first half of the verse - You’re the one that I've been waiting for / Gotta quit this crying, nobody's gonna/ Heal me if I don’t open the door / Kinda hard to believe (Gotta have faith in me)

The second half of the verse - Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out (Look at me)/ Get down, get down, get down, get down (Look at me) / Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out / Look at me now

The pre-chorus - 'Cause all I ever wanted was love, and then the humming, ooohs and synths

The chorus - I want your stupid love, love/ I want your stupid love, love/ (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)

The bridge - I don't need a reason (Oh)/ Not sorry, I want your stupid love/ I don't need a reason (Oh)/ Not sorry, I want your stupid love/ Higher, higher

Imo it's between the second half of the verse (that sticked out to me ever since I listened to the snippets) and the pre-chorus. The synths sound so glossy and spacious. :diane: The chorus is the part I like the least.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad Kids

I don't like the bridges melody it sounds a little random and jumpy the prechorus is the best it's so unique.

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

BgRaEgTaT

The pre-chorus is literally addictive. I wish it happened one more time in the song but at least that helps with replay value

TimisaMonster

The pre chorus gave me Venus vibes 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Teal Ambition

Hiiigher

HIIIIIGHHHUUHHHH

tenor.gif?itemid=9436649

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

That one-two hit of the "Freak out, freak out" bit and the "all I ever wanted was love" bit is really extraordinary. Hook-laden, great flow, and taking the song in exciting and unexpected new directions. And then it's followed by that void of a chorus. 

Archived