Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stupid Love just ain't it

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

lgaga1fan
1 hour ago, A Star Is Born said:

It bops but no way this will become a hit in the US with Rap prevailing. Maybe a top 20 debut then it will go down from there.

Don't Start Now is finally picking up on radio after like 3 months. Never doubt the queens

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlackFluid
2 hours ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

I am very good at telling what songs will flop or not.

I knew Shallow was going to be big the moment I watched ASIB trailer. It just screamed "IM GOING TO BE A HIT" in the chorus. I knew MR would be a sleeper hit. I knew Perfect Illusion would flop.

You act like it's important whether or not a song "flops."  Please be mindful that the world's greatest artists never see their songs on their radio. 

Agreed. This will be a horrible single choice that only the hardcore Gaga fans will like. The GP will not pick up on it as the song has no real chorus, no strong melody, and a one phrase chorus. 

I completely agree with you. I quickly got bored listening to it. I tried giving it a chance but the leaked snippets were enough to let me to know it wouldn’t be that good. It’s very generic sounding as if very little effort went into producing this track. Plus the lyrics are terrible. I expected better from Gaga. Just sounds so basic to me. And I don’t care if it’s just a demo which people are saying it is for some reason. It doesn’t change the fact that it’s underwhelming for me. But sadly people esp on this site can’t handle unpopular negative opinions. Also I don’t think it will flop b’cuz unfortunately people these days only care about the charts and streams and therefore will try to make it #1 regardless of whether the song is good or not like how they did with Shallow making it #1 for weeks as if it was that good of a song. 

Still waiting for ARTPOP Act II, Original LG5, Babylon Haus Labs version, etc.

sillynate
5 hours ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

I can't remember an era that recovered from a bad lead single release

I can

CrtJ63FUMAAIMPC.jpg:large   

340?cb=20161018135103 

edit: not saying PI is bad just that it wasn’t as successful as her other leads

Godmatica

Did you just said that it's not memorable? Bitch, I couldn't even sleep with the chorus stuck in my head

I WANT YOUR STUPID LOVE LOVE (OH-OH-OH-OH-OH-OH)

scared dog GIF

GhettoFabulous

Not that much of a fan either but it’s literally a demo...:poot: you’re freaking out over a demo?:awkney: of course it’s not “complete” yet lol maybe the final version sounds completely different. A lot can happen in a year

Inferno
1 minute ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Not that much of a fan either but it’s literally a demo...:poot: you’re freaking out over a demo?:awkney: of course it’s not “complete” yet lol maybe the final version sounds completely different. A lot can happen in a year

Idk maaaaan, we'll see but how much different can it be like, unless it's an entire different song I'll most likely still be like meh lol

GhettoFabulous
2 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Idk maaaaan, we'll see but how much different can it be like, unless it's an entire different song I'll most likely still be like meh lol

Let’s wait for an official release before we lose it or anything tbh. But again if this sounds bad i don’t think it’ll be indicative of the rest of the album:lolly: I honestly still feel like this isn’t a lead or anything no shade 

1 hour ago, NCgaga said:

Agreed. This will be a horrible single choice that only the hardcore Gaga fans will like. The GP will not pick up on it as the song has no real chorus, no strong melody, and a one phrase chorus. 

I'm a MessThe Middle, and Don't Start Now would like a word with you. Just random examples of super successful pop songs that similarly fit your bill on what "the GP won't accept".

The song is pure pop. It's the catchy kind of song that gets stuck in your head over and over again. The GP will definitely eat it up, not even factoring in her ASIB success she's still riding on.  Does it have the depth behind some of Gaga's other songs? Definitely  not. But it's a great single for her to make a re-entry into a pop album, which is what was rumored this album would be, and is looking likelier now with this release.

Inferno
5 minutes ago, Zeth said:

I'm a MessThe Middle, and Don't Start Now would like a word with you. Just random examples of super successful pop songs that similarly fit your bill on what "the GP won't accept".

The song is pure pop. It's the catchy kind of song that gets stuck in your head over and over again. The GP will definitely eat it up, not even factoring in her ASIB success she's still riding on.  Does it have the depth behind some of Gaga's other songs? Definitely  not. But it's a great single for her to make a re-entry into a pop album, which is what was rumored this album would be, and is looking likelier now with this release.

Pure pop and superficiality I'm down with I just still think this track is whatevaaa

And death at those examples you gave, as if I'd want any gaga song to be on the same level as the middle lol

Der Meister

And since when she writes for the charts? 

Have fun with the music and enjoy her musical career. She's putting a lot of hard work producing this album and the next era. Just enjoy the moment!

• Admin locked this topic

Archived