đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stupid Love is a play on words?

Didymus

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Why? It's gramatically correct :shrug: People say it all the time like that. And in a pop song you're definitely not always gonna choose the most proper way to say something.

Oh really:derpga: sounds weird. But yeah not native speaker. So... Back on theory i see:huntyga:

Damn I hope this is intentional :bradley:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

BlingNotTheMusic

To make it more confusing, I don't really hear her saying the "d" in "loveD" so it's like she's saying "I want just to be love" :huntyga:

Didymus
28 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

To make it more confusing, I don't really hear her saying the "d" in "loveD" so it's like she's saying "I want just to be love" :huntyga:

That's probably so we can hear the phrase two ways. It's the same way she doesn't sing the "d" in "stupid love" in the chorus. If I try to hear "I want just to be loved" it sounds right, like there's a super subtle "d" at the end even if there isn't. Same thing if I want to hear "I want your stupid love", it's like that "d" of stupid is suddenly magically there.

Or I dunno :whitney: I'm sure she'll say something about it when it gets released, if this was her intention.

BlingNotTheMusic
11 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That's probably so we can hear the phrase two ways. It's the same way she doesn't sing the "d" in "stupid love" in the chorus. If I try to hear "I want just to be loved" it sounds right, like there's a super subtle "d" at the end even if there isn't. Same thing if I want to hear "I want your stupid love", it's like that "d" of stupid is suddenly magically there.

Or I dunno :whitney: I'm sure she'll say something about it when it gets released, if this was her intention.

OR, Option 3: She's taken notes from Miss witchy Lana Del Rey and has cast a spell on us all...

Bad Kids

I heard I wanted just to be love instead of I just wanted to be love 

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

I can’t unhear it anymore :deadbanana: I am secretly hoping they change the title to I Want Just to Be Loved :poot:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Archived