💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Academy members viciously reveal why Lopez, Sandler, Murphy got snubbed

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Ally Campana
2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Basically the oscars are more about your image and about campaigns than your actual performance. And when the 2 match up perfectly, you win. 

It has been like this for ages. It’s never actually about the performance.

Does it matter? Damage is done

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Oscars really are all about the image. I think Gaga's acting was so well received last year because she gave a great performance in the movie, yes, but also because she's been laying groundwork with the Academy for years. They've seen her has more than 'just' a popstar, and that really helped I think.

Bradley

As sad as this can be, this just shows how important personal branding is. It's not just about the work you put out, but also who you are as a person. If you're perceived as 'prestigious', 'talented' and 'worthy', then people are more likely to reward you when they are wavering between the two decisions. ARTPOP is and was a great album, as we have seen how appreciation for it has increased in hindsight by critics, but because of the controvery that surrounded Gaga at the time, it failed to obtain any Grammy nominations. I bet if she did the same thing this year, it might be even nominated for Album of the Year. A Star Is Born and Joanne changed that.

Also, this is the opinion of one or two voters, the Academy is comprised of thousands of voting members, let's not define the whole panel by the voices of these two people.

Ryusei
15 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

It has been like this for ages. It’s never actually about the performance.

I know, that‘s what I‘m saying. 

this video was very eye-opening with the whole campaigning stuff. This is basically the norm for everyone now.

Musery

YourWhiskyMouth

ASIB got snubbed at the Oscars because in the Academy’s eyes, Bradley Cooper is the douchey pretty boy from the Hangover and Lady Gaga is a vapid pop star that wears meat. The Academy is shallow.  :ally:

Ally Campana
6 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

this video was very eye-opening with the whole campaigning stuff. This is basically the norm for everyone now.

I love this channel. Literally subscribed her. Harvey Weinstein’s impact on the Oscars (this is meant to be negative).

Ryusei
Just now, Ally Campana said:

I love this channel. Literally subscribed her. Harvey Weinstein’s impact on the Oscars (this is meant to be negative).

Same, it‘s such a good channel.

Musery

Ally Campana
Just now, Ryusei said:

Same, it‘s such a good channel.

Such an amazing insight to those performances and the entire politics of the Oscars. The Judy Garland - Grace Kelly fiasco was an eye opener for me regarding how the Oscars has been for ages.

CautiousLurker

I'm less surprised/upset that JLo got snubbed and more surprised/upset Lupita Nyong'o got snubbed for Us :noparty:

I'm actually a little upset people are more focused on JLo - I get that Us has come out a while ago, but Lupita absolutely knocked it out of the park with that one. I don't want to put any of the nominees down because they've all done good work but I don't think any of them can really compare to what Lupita achieved in Us

So yeah, explain that one, Academy lady :crossed:

1 hour ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Lady Gaga lost the Oscar to Olivia Colman

It must be such an honor to lose to such an actress, maybe even ending up in 2nd position. Kill me with your heels Olivia.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

nodandsmile

This is why some people were predicting Gaga to miss last year... and I think this is JLo was trying to justify her film choices during that Hollywood Reporter roundtable!

A lot of them are snobs!

Well Gaga did well to break through the preconceptions and get a Best Actress Oscar nomination last year.  It’s no easy feat.  And I agree with them that Hustlers is not Academy worthy, Jlo doesn’t stand out in the movie to such a massive degree to warrant an Oscar nom imo.  The movie has been overlooked in all the major awards remember!  I feel the other lesser awards gave her nominations because of the narrative of seeing Jlo receive acting praise so far into her career; her best performance to date.

Lilmonzter
46 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Wow I love her channel to the whole Harvey Weinstein campaign was eye opening about how the Hollywood machine works.

If you campaign right, you might get a nomination. 

Sometimes like jlo the odds are stacked against you from the get go 

Sing C'est la vie 

malazam
13 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

It must be such an honor to lose to such an actress, maybe even ending up in 2nd position. Kill me with your heels Olivia.

Olívia's performance was breathtaking!

another shot before we kiss the other side

Archived