Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'Stupid Love is dated'

OMonster

Featured Posts

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

Everyone with their "dated" crap needs to just gtfo because if she did what was on trend it would be the same people saying "I'm sad she's adapting to trends" or "I miss her old sound" Why does it F*cking matter? Just take it for what it is or leave it. 

This song sounds both dated and trendy to me :huntyga:

it sounds both like BTW and what Dua Lipa’s doing

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People complaining it is dated, but when she comes with an futuristic experimental bop prod by sophie they will say it is bad too :air:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

gagaschickens
17 minutes ago, OMonster said:

She SINGS and she's bold and she's brash

Why did i read this as, bald and brush :air:

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

8 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I do get why it sounds dated to some. To me it reminds me of Eurodance which was huge in the nineties. 

But it also sounds like it would be a breath of fresh air on the radio. I feel like we need something like this back in the charts to liven it up a bit. 

It sounds more 80s than 90s Eurodance honestly. I just heard 80s Whitney through & through with the leaks! It's gonna be great!!

Glamourpuss
Just now, Rio said:

It sounds more 80s than 90s Eurodance honestly. I just heard 80s Whitney through & through with the leaks! It's gonna be great!!

That's even better then imo. :pawsup:

monketsharona

I think the word dated is 'over-used' by people who actually don't know what 'dated' means. 

It sounds lazy and mediocre. Both the lyrics and melody/production.

Just because you're a Gaga stan doesn't mean you have to like it and defend it lol

Even worse, I think we are all so thirsty for new music that we are replaying the snippet over and over again desperately trying to enjoy it as much as possible and then when someone else hates it, we act shook and start defending haha

The fact is that songs like this have not been getting popular in recent years, so yeah you could say it sounds dated as well

artpopsexual

There's some people who always want Gaga to do whatever they want her to do, and if she ends up creating something that it's not 100% exactly what they were expecting her to create, they start complaining about everything.

And this is always gonna happen, because Gaga will never achieve YOUR own expectations. She'll do what is on her mind, what she's liking the most in the moment. She's creating her art. And even though I myself want Gaga to follow a specific direction or just a certain theme, I need to understand she can and she cannot follow that and most likely she will come out with something even unexpectable. 

The key is not creating high expectations, because that way you're going to end up disappointed.

imitalian

I just listened to the chorus snippet and I can't get it out of my head, it's just so catchy dated or not! 

Defmix100

a big complaint for ARTPOP is sounding dated

Stupid Love reminds me of a mix of BTW and early 2000's like Junkie XL, Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation for some reason lol

Regina George
4 minutes ago, Jester said:

It sounds lazy and mediocre. Both the lyrics and melody/production.

Just because you're a Gaga stan doesn't mean you have to like it and defend it lol

Even worse, I think we are all so thirsty for new music that we are replaying the snippet over and over again desperately trying to enjoy it as much as possible and then when someone else hates it, we act shook and start defending haha

The fact is that songs like this have not been getting popular in recent years, so yeah you could say it sounds dated as well

Not getting popular in recent years? Literally 70% of popular music in 2019 was 80s inspired. Dua Lipa is doing amazing with her 80s inspired record and if she released this it would perfectly fit with those records. You can dislike it but at least be objective. Music like this is pretty popular. 

Archived