Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

30 Year Old Who Grew Up In Canada Being Deported Because Mother Illegal

Featured Posts

Economy

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/woman-faces-deportation-18-years-after-arriving-to-canada-as-a-child-1.4770897

A 30 year old woman who came to Canada from France as a little girl with her mother is facing deportation because it was found out that her immigration status was never properly legalized by her mother

The woman complains that in France she has nothing and doesn't know what to do there as she left as a little girl

She has a home in Canada and her own successful business and is a contributing member of society

More infuriating is the fact that she suspected stuff was done incorrectly based on exchange she saw her mother have with an immigration counsellor but kept quiet in fear of being deported and says she avoided police in general. But after deciding she didn't want to live in fear anymore she's the one that came forward about it and wanted to legalize stuff properly. Instead of being helped for coming forward she was detained for 2 days and then given a deportation notice

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 10

Economy

Ud think In cases where people came as kids with parents, are fluent in English, educated and in this case successful they'd be more generous and take into account that they are an integrated member of society

What's the point of sending her back? Who does that help?

It doesn't help her, and it doesn't help Canada that gets good tax revenue from a successful person like her or any of her employees (if she has any it doesn't say)

Ughhhhhhh :saladga:

• Like 3

LGs LM

Why can't they just do something about her papers instead of deporting her back to France? Imagine paying your taxes for years only to find out that Canada wants and will get you deported.

• Like 2

shoful

Thats insane🤦🏻‍♂️
Why even bother at that point. She pays her taxes and has been there for 30 years. I’m sure their are other people they could go after that don’t pay anything or contribute 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."
  • Like 1

Economy
15 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

Why can't they just do something about her papers instead of deporting her back to France? Imagine paying your taxes for years only to find out that Canada wants and will get you deported.

11 minutes ago, shoful said:

Thats insane🤦🏻‍♂️
Why even bother at that point. She pays her taxes and has been there for 30 years. I’m sure their are other people they could go after that don’t pay anything or contribute 

It seems kinda odd that's probably why this particular case is getting media attention

There's ppl who are here illegally that manage to get legalized and not sent back... It seems strange they couldn't with an individual like this

Either there's more to the story or her case that is being omited, or the individuals at immigration dealing with her are being jackasses

I know with some immigration cases there's grey areas and the ones dealing with you have some decision making power to make individual decisions at their discretion...

If your unlucky to get a prick at immigration office, it doesn't bode well for you :neyde:

• Like 1

Woolfsmck

I'm not seeing the logic here ..

30 years as a law abiding citizen aught to have earned something...

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • Like 2

Economy
3 hours ago, Woolfsmck said:

I'm not seeing the logic here ..

30 years as a law abiding citizen aught to have earned something...

Those Government immigrant agency workers don't need logic when making judgement calls unfortunately :madge:

Anything that's a grey area outside anything with exact guidelines the people handling your individual case often have a big say whether u stay or not

It only takes bad luck to get a prick dealing with your case and your done

I've met illegal ppl with way less reasons why they should have stayed and the Government still worked it out with them...

Edited by Economy

MissWing

i always thought Canada is more of saneness when it comes to such a situation:saladga: compared to Nz and Aus.

ChrisC

This is so random. Illegal immigrants in Canada always managed to stay in the country. What is going on

• Like 1

Economy
28 minutes ago, MissWing said:

i always thought Canada is more of saneness when it comes to such a situation:saladga: compared to Nz and Aus.

9 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

This is so random. Illegal immigrants in Canada always managed to stay in the country. What is going on

Normally illegals that have been here a long time and have a life (especially in cases like this where they came as children) do manage to stay

This is odd and probably why it's getting media attention

Either there's details of this case being omited to create a selling victim story by the media, or somebody at the immigration services royally forked up. Dunno where we as a society are sometimes

Kristen Bell Nbc GIF by The Good Place