Jump to content
science

Earth Could See Super Nova As Bright As Moon Any Moment Now


Economy

Featured Posts

  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

That sounds like a cool song title... hmmm :oprah:

Yaaasss  YTIHBIFIFFA.mp3 will be a huge hit! :lolly:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
21 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Wow. That's super fascinating. 

Kinda hoping it happens so we can all witness it. Would be incredible. 

It could be the most luminous in human history. It's the fact that's a massive star AND relatively close

 

The chances that there has been another star go Nova over the last few thousands years with a star that big at least as close is low

 

So I'd be dying to see it :giveup:

 

Ib4 humans end up in self-anihalation and it still didn't go Nova :neyde:

 

Also did u know this could kill alien races in nearby star systems? :messga: @Glamourpuss @mister max @ProjectJoanne @blackstar

Link to post
Share on other sites

StarstruckIllusion

Can’t we just nuke it to make it happen faster 🥴🥴

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
Just now, blackstar said:

i never thought of it in that way :messga:

Yeah I remember seeing a documentary before about how when stars go Nova (especially large ones) they blow so much energy and radiation that anything a few dozen or even up to a few hundred light years would be killed :duck:

 

Earth is lucky to be in a part of the Galaxy that doesn't have any black holes, neutron stars or magnetars or any stars about to go Nova right next door so in terms of space natural disasters nothing looks set to kill us anytime soon. If we die it will probably be by our own hand

 

I think I remember hearing if Betelgeuse was only like 20% to 30% closer there could be some danger but I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
2 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Oh my god... I never thought about that :saladga:

Yeah. Novas are believed to kill all life within a certain number of light years cuz the energy and radiation released is so high

 

It's one of the reasons some scientists think galaxies have habitable goldilocks zones too (not just solar systems)

 

It's not just black holes or neutron stars and magnetars that are deadly... A planet in an area that's more sense (especially towards the centre of galaxy) would be sorounded with so much stuff going off and radiation (including novas every so often) that there's no chance of anything ever getting a chance to develop there

Link to post
Share on other sites

mister max
18 minutes ago, Economy said:

It could be the most luminous in human history. It's the fact that's a massive star AND relatively close

 

The chances that there has been another star go Nova over the last few thousands years with a star that big at least as close is low

 

So I'd be dying to see it :giveup:

 

Ib4 humans end up in self-anihalation and it still didn't go Nova :neyde:

 

Also did u know this could kill alien races in nearby star systems? :messga: @Glamourpuss @mister max @ProjectJoanne @blackstar

Yes its honestly creepy how powerfull these things are and how lucky we are :messga:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?
Link to post
Share on other sites

Musicisfreedom
1 hour ago, ProjectJoanne said:

That sounds like a cool song title... hmmm :oprah:

Here's a song called Supernova I am super obsessed with. Don't know if you're into this type of music, but i definitely recommend checking it out. Its only fitting to put it in this thread :enigma:

 

Bitch I'm Madonna
Link to post
Share on other sites

Franch Toast
31 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Here's a song called Supernova I am super obsessed with. Don't know if you're into this type of music, but i definitely recommend checking it out. Its only fitting to put it in this thread :enigma:

 

There's also this song:

 

She/Her/Hers
Link to post
Share on other sites

RAMROD

I wonder will I get superpower if I got exposed to it?! :oprah:

CoordinatedPopularIrishterrier-size_rest

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...