💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

'Doctor Strange 2' Director Drops Out

Reality

Featured Posts

Reality

This is for like the 3 hardcore Marvel fans on here (including myself). Scott Derrickson confirmed himself on his twitter that he is indeed parting ways with Marvel due to "creative differences". What do you guys think about this?

Personally, I'm at a loss for words. WandaVision and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness are my two most anticipated projects coming out of Marvel Phase 4. Even though he's still going to be involved, I'm incredibly saddened by the fact that his vision for DS2 will no longer be executed. I also hope that this doesn't delay the release date, because I can't wait any longer for this film!

Scott Derrickson is stepping down as director of Marvel’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” Variety has learned.

The studio confirmed his departure in a statement, attributing it to “creative differences.” Derrickson, who oversaw the first “Doctor Strange,” will remain as an executive producer.

“Marvel Studios and Scott Derrickson have amicably parted ways on ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ due to creative differences,” Marvel said in a statement to Variety. “We remain grateful to Scott for his contributions to the MCU.”

Derrickson also said the decision was mutual.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-director-scott-derrickson-drops-out-marvel-1203462569/

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopEmergency

Is that why they pushed the release for WandaVision forward to this year instead of 2021?

I read that it contains pieces of the plot from DS2 in some way.

RAMROD

That is too bad, but since he is still attached, I  am assuming the plot will remain.

Probably he wanted go full R rated and that is not what MCU is, who knows? :diane:

Hope the replacement is good 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Guest Blue Madonna
Just now, RAMROD said:

That is too bad, but since he is still attached, I  am assuming the plot will remain.

Probably he wanted go full R rated and that is not what MCU is, who knows? :diane:

I agree with this; I think the plot will remain but it was over the tone. Scott always referred to it as ‘horror’ while Feige said ‘scary’, so I think they have different ideas.

but I think since production/filming on WandaVision has already begun, the plot will remain largely the same

Reality
2 minutes ago, PopEmergency said:

Is that why they pushed the release for WandaVision forward to this year instead of 2021?

I read that it contains pieces of the plot from DS2 in some way.

I didn't even think of that! 

It's possible, but I don't think they'd push WandaVision up  if that was the case. They most likely did that because WandaVision's already well into production and it probably would've been a long, unnecessary wait for them to release it in 2021. Plus, they couldn't really do press for DS2 if WandaVision hadn't even come out yet considering WandaVision ties directly into DS2. 

🃏🖤👹

Guest Blue Madonna
Just now, M Monstre said:

I didn't even think of that! 

It's possible, but I don't think they'd push WandaVision up  if that was the case. They most likely did that because WandaVision's already well into production and it probably would've been a long, unnecessary wait for them to release it in 2021. Plus, they couldn't really do press for DS2 if WandaVision hadn't even come out yet considering WandaVision ties directly into DS2. 

I think the same; also they’ll probably drop a DS2 trailer at the end of the year so they’ll want WandaVision out by then

Reality
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Hope the replacement is good 

That's what I was thinking. He probably wanted more horror and dark elements, but it's just not Disney/Marvel's thing.

Even though I'm really not a big fan of horror or thriller type movies, I gotta admit, I was very interested to see the MCU go in different directions and take more risks. 

I read from Grace Randolph's twitter that she wants Bong Joon Ho to direct it :giveup: I mean, I love Parasite a lot, but I just don't him wanting to direct a Marvel film at all 

🃏🖤👹

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

That's what I was thinking. He probably wanted more horror and dark elements, but it's just not Disney/Marvel's thing.

Even though I'm really not a big fan of horror or thriller type movies, I gotta admit, I was very interested to see the MCU go in different directions and take more risks. 

I read from Grace Randolph's twitter that she wants Bong Joon Ho to direct it :giveup: I mean, I love Parasite a lot, but I just don't him wanting to direct a Marvel film at all 

11 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

I agree with this; I think the plot will remain but it was over the tone. Scott always referred to it as ‘horror’ while Feige said ‘scary’, so I think they have different ideas.

but I think since production/filming on WandaVision has already begun, the plot will remain largely the same

sksksks if BJH directed, MCU movie will have an commercial arthouse instantly :huntyga:

Yeah, agree. I am thinking what Feige referring to might be more like Tales From The Crypt or AHS kind of scary than straight horror. :oprah:

IllusionLover

I swear if people don't like this film when it comes out, I don't want to see on Twitter things like #ReleaseTheScottCut. Seriously.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

RAMROD
Just now, IllusionLover said:

I swear if people don't like this film when it comes out, I don't want to see on Twitter things like #ReleaseTheScottCut. Seriously.

Hopefully not. I believe the only alligeance MCU stans have is with The Feige, and maybe to Russos Bros too. 

Reality
Just now, IllusionLover said:

Oh god, I hope that doesn't happen :giveup: #ReleaseTheSnyderCut people are literally so annoying!

I think it'll be hard to make this movie flop though. With Feige's direction, the fact that we have Scarlet Witch, a newly powered up Doctor Strange (thanks Infinity War/Endgame), and the entire multiverse to unravel in this movie, I think at the very least, this will be a financially successful movie. 

🃏🖤👹

Oh no, this is what I am most pumped for after Black Widow :deadbanana:

I don’t really have a good feeling about Phase 4 :poot:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Reality
1 minute ago, Red said:

I think it'll be fine. If anything, I'm just disappointed that we won't get to see what Derrickson envisioned for this movie, largely because he's the main guy responsible for the first one being so good.

🃏🖤👹

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, Red said:

It will be fine tbh. 

Things will start to take shape once Black Widow drop, best believe it! :sis:

Archived