Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm sad about Gaga rejecting her past achievements

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we are all different and see and feel things differently. The only thing i can say is that i don't believe Gaga rejects any, literally any, past achievements, on the contrary, i think she is extremely proud of her hard work and how she managed to catch the world attention and build such a career. What i do think is that everyone grows, change perspectives, wants to try other things, and on top of all that things, there's unfortunately her health problems (those, fortunately, idk how they affect a person perspective, i just have an idea). How she copes with it, and how it may have changed the way she see things, the way it might create some kind of hardship or difficulty but also the way it can be positively redirected regarding her life and career. 

Anyways Gaga first years have a sweet huge place in my heart, but I'm so proud and mesmerized with her these days and honestly so curious about the future.  🙂

The great thing about art is that it lasts forever. You can still listen to all of Gaga's music. You can look at photos of her in all her crazy fashion. You can watch videos of her past performances. 

The artist will evolve as a person, but the art can continue to be enjoyed. 

The train wreck comment is simply a very common metaphor used to describe something you can't help but notice. That's all she meant there. She was doing the crazy stuff so that people would HAVE to notice her, and by proxy, wonder what she was all about. It was her way of marketing herself. She wasn't calling herself a train wreck. Not at all. 

Most good artists are troubled mentally. The ones who resist treatment may have more years of creative output, but they inevitability succumb to their demons and die tragically young. The ones who seek help and take their mental health seriously may not be as prolific in the artistic output, but on the bright side, stick around much longer on this earth for us to continue to enjoy.

Think about what outcome you'd prefer for our favorite lady. 

MessyTop

Guys Gaga is still cray cray Gaga: see Engima. Is PURE GAGA. 
she’s still preserving the mystique of being a Pop Star. She’s so smart 

Savage

Honestly, she explained how it was authentic back then, and this is authentic now. I'd rather her be herself at all times than fake it and be crazy now. When she wanted to be crazy, she was. And she's continuing to do what she wants now, even though it's different. That's rebellious in and of itself. 

FlopSlurper

People saying enigma is "camp and crazy gaga" is the biggest drag to her old self, that's all I'm gonna say :sis:

crisTEAne

without her mental health journey, she'd be dead, i sincerely believe that. but her being alive, paradoxically, also means that lady gaga, as we knew her, is dead. i don't mean to only refer to popga but gaga as such. although i don't really like this romantic ideal of artists being suffering geniuses (because there are many counter-examples), i do feel that it holds true for gaga. remember when, in the inside the outside interview, she said those overdramatic things? how she decided to live as a recluse, dedicated her entire being to her art, and had to lick the floor of new york city? how her lifestyle made the dirt transform into glitter? that was the idea of her as lady gaga. now she is lady gaga, and, to remain sane, she had to reject the very thing that made her and us, monsters, see her as that : the living idea. it's not the look that changed (enigma is proof that she can perform lady gaga, act like lady gaga, look like lady gaga), it's the looking: the gaze with which she herself looks at lady gaga. the living idea is no longer living: she cannot be lady gaga. lady gaga is a superhero cape, a costume, a garment, a mask: an object. lady gaga is dead. she had to deal with that because, otherwise, she  wouldn't be alive. now it's us that need to deal with whoever/whatever stefani became/is right now. lg6, i believe, will put her future/legacy into perspective.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Helxig

Yeah it upsets me too. It's like everything I loved about her, she now rejects. At the time I saw her as bold, brave, endlessly confident, abundantly creative, and that inspired me to be a little more like her in all those ways and made me a better person. But now she says that she was just having a breakdown and going for the shock factor and she seems embarrassed by it. Kinda sad that everything I looked up to wasn't as genuine as I thought at the time because it really formed me as a person in a positive way.

I haven't wanted to admit this, because ultimately I always want her to be happy and stay true to herself (even if that means leaving her old self behind and being very mature now), but it still kinda hurts.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

I LOVE GGD
6 hours ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

For me, and most of us, Gaga is my number one idol of all time. And this isn't a hate or 'whining' thread, because I still stan and will always stan - she has meant so much to my life. But it genuinely makes me so upset that Gaga seems to reject her past achievements.

I'm writing my dissertation on 'diva worship' and Gaga is a big part of it. Reliving her past performances (generally from 2009-2014) and reading various scholarly writings, I was nostalgic about how shocking and weird she used to be, and how much she meant to those of us that felt like freaks/like we didn't fit in. I wanted to be Gaga, I wanted her boldness and fearlessness, and her ability to be camp, over-the-top and shocking and not care about what others thought.

I was incredibly touched by her interview with Oprah. It shows how much pain she has gone through, and how much she continues to suffer on a daily basis.

What I really struggle with is how she seems to reject her past weird self, and it feels like she's given into being like everyone else. She explains how she no longer feels the need to shock, and that her past self was, for the public, 'like watching a train wreck.' I can say for certain that for many of my friends, and many of the public, the old Gaga was like a train wreck, but to us, she was nothing of the sort. She knew what she was doing, she was hardworking, a breath of fresh air in the industry and unashamed to be deliciously 'weird'.

In a way, I've always been aware that her weird/flamboyant act was a camp aesthetic to gain attention for her music. I was also generally aware that Gaga was a persona, and not necessarily her complete true self. And I have a newfound respect for her being so shocking and amazing in spite of her physical and mental health issues. That is extremely admirable and inspiring. In fact it's pretty astounding, based on what she's said in the Oprah interview. What I struggle with is the intense emotional connection I had with Gaga, how I fiercely defended her weirdness and the way she was completely different from any other pop singer of the time, but now she seems like a totally different person.

And I know Enigma is still going on, and she is still a fierce performer, perhaps with less shock tactics. I'm not expecting any solution to this, just wanted to see if anyone else feels the same, and mourns this old persona we were all besotted with. :pawsup:

I agree with 1000%. I fell in love with her music and what she represented because she made underdogs feel as if you coul do and be whatever you wanted to be. She encouraged people to be themselves and to be unique and bold and that's why Little Monters (the name for her fanbase) are Little Monsters. It's sad that we no longer have that.

2 hours ago, NT78 said:

The great thing about art is that it lasts forever. You can still listen to all of Gaga's music. You can look at photos of her in all her crazy fashion. You can watch videos of her past performances. 

The artist will evolve as a person, but the art can continue to be enjoyed. 

The train wreck comment is simply a very common metaphor used to describe something you can't help but notice. That's all she meant there. She was doing the crazy stuff so that people would HAVE to notice her, and by proxy, wonder what she was all about. It was her way of marketing herself. She wasn't calling herself a train wreck. Not at all. 

Most good artists are troubled mentally. The ones who resist treatment may have more years of creative output, but they inevitability succumb to their demons and die tragically young. The ones who seek help and take their mental health seriously may not be as prolific in the artistic output, but on the bright side, stick around much longer on this earth for us to continue to enjoy.

Think about what outcome you'd prefer for our favorite lady. 

Perfect. This is exactly what I thought and feel. 

giskardsb

We all know TF Gaga was channeling Bowie and Warhol.

If David Bowie would have created his first album as Ziggy Stardust, he would have had fans yelling that he was changing too much when he inevitably would have retired Ziggy.

But Bowie did Ziggy later in his career after he'd been established as David Bowie.

Gaga, while channeling Bowie, had the misfortune of becoming famous in her own "Ziggy Stardust" stage.

And fans still refuse to let her move on, and because of that, they refuse to see the different style of art and creativity she brings now, because all they want to see is Ziggy.

Ariana Grindr

It’s all your guys’ fault ... criticizing her every move ....... I’m glad y’all are bothered :bon:

Lord Temptation

Ha next album will be more Gaga than Lady, and ha album after that will be full on Gaga :firega:

Cavadour

Sometimes choices have to be made. Drastic. You need to leave stuff by the side of the road. You need to cut down bridges behind you. This is even more important as a versatile artist. To be able to go further or elsewhere. To allow yourself a change. This process is often seen as rejection of the past. People around won't understand. The outside world feels betrayed. But it doesn't mean what's abandoned is lost forever. Most of the time further on up the road, what was left in the past reappears in front of you. It's was just a moment in a cycle finally...

:trollga:

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

TheQueenEnthusiast
9 hours ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

For me, and most of us, Gaga is my number one idol of all time. And this isn't a hate or 'whining' thread, because I still stan and will always stan - she has meant so much to my life. But it genuinely makes me so upset that Gaga seems to reject her past achievements.

I'm writing my dissertation on 'diva worship' and Gaga is a big part of it. Reliving her past performances (generally from 2009-2014) and reading various scholarly writings, I was nostalgic about how shocking and weird she used to be, and how much she meant to those of us that felt like freaks/like we didn't fit in. I wanted to be Gaga, I wanted her boldness and fearlessness, and her ability to be camp, over-the-top and shocking and not care about what others thought.

I was incredibly touched by her interview with Oprah. It shows how much pain she has gone through, and how much she continues to suffer on a daily basis.

What I really struggle with is how she seems to reject her past weird self, and it feels like she's given into being like everyone else. She explains how she no longer feels the need to shock, and that her past self was, for the public, 'like watching a train wreck.' I can say for certain that for many of my friends, and many of the public, the old Gaga was like a train wreck, but to us, she was nothing of the sort. She knew what she was doing, she was hardworking, a breath of fresh air in the industry and unashamed to be deliciously 'weird'.

In a way, I've always been aware that her weird/flamboyant act was a camp aesthetic to gain attention for her music. I was also generally aware that Gaga was a persona, and not necessarily her complete true self. And I have a newfound respect for her being so shocking and amazing in spite of her physical and mental health issues. That is extremely admirable and inspiring. In fact it's pretty astounding, based on what she's said in the Oprah interview. What I struggle with is the intense emotional connection I had with Gaga, how I fiercely defended her weirdness and the way she was completely different from any other pop singer of the time, but now she seems like a totally different person.

And I know Enigma is still going on, and she is still a fierce performer, perhaps with less shock tactics. I'm not expecting any solution to this, just wanted to see if anyone else feels the same, and mourns this old persona we were all besotted with. :pawsup:

SIS I JUST DID A RESEARCH PAPER ON THIS FOR MY LGBTQ STUDIES COURSE YASSSS 

Archived