Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
charts

Chart Discussion

Rifek

Featured Posts

Matteo Remondi
6 minutes ago, Arturo said:

I don't think Gaga getting 20 million streams is out of the question.
Perfect Illusion (Sept '16) and Shallow (Sept '18) both debuted with 8.3 million US streams in their first full weeks.

Here's my reasoning:
- Gaga is in the best position streaming wise that she's ever been in between eras. Sure a drop immediately post Oscars would have been better BUT if the era was gonna have to start with a long break, right now is the best way to do it. PI was released when Gaga had never released anything substantial in the true streaming era. She didn't drop the music video and she still managed 8.3m streams. I think 8.3m streams with no MV in 2020 would like like ~14.5 million streams. With the MV maybe ~18.5m? Mind you, PI had very very little replay value by the GP. It wasn't a good vibe song, a good workout song, a good singalong song, a good club song etc. Stupid Love, regardless of how you feel about it, is much more repayable and fits into more everyday/everynight settings.

- Expanding on the previous thought, Gaga had basically no foundation on streaming pre-Joanne. Remember how horrible her numbers were pre-SB? I doubt she was even in the Top 150 artists before PI. Right now she's in the 50's with 29 million followers. That's pretty solid for

1. No radio promoted single released since February 2019 (technically Sept 2018 but since Interscope reserviced it in the US I'll use that)
2. No Latin songs/remixes inflating listeners (Selena, Katy, Nicki)
3. No EDM songs/remixes inflating listeners (Selena, Katy)

It's pretty much all on her. This is her first lead single release with a solid streaming audience AND to go into the sales aspect, an even more loyal iTunes buyers with those soccer moms. Only a complete **** up from her team can lead to the demise of this single in the first week.

Whew....look at this MLA formatted essay.

Watch her pull huge streaming numbers but flop with sales :ohwell:

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheCureinMalibu

I think you guys should be more worried about sales. Cause BTS had a 81% lead on iTunes and is predicted to sell only 20k first week with TWO  VERSIONS  (it's still #1 on iTunes  after 5 days of release) :triggered:

BuzzcutSeason
3 minutes ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

I think you guys should be more worried about sales. Cause BTS had a 81% lead on iTunes and is predicted to sell only 20k first week with TWO  VERSIONS  (it's still #1 on iTunes  after 5 days of release) :triggered:

my thoughts exactly. we traded better sales for better streams

Arturo
2 minutes ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

k-pop song debuts on the digital chart are always messy because they have to delete the bot purchases.

I think Gaga's floor for digital sales is 40k. Her ceiling is 60k with no bundles imo.

Ladygagalover
6 minutes ago, Arturo said:

k-pop song debuts on the digital chart are always messy because they have to delete the bot purchases.

I think Gaga's floor for digital sales is 40k. Her ceiling is 60k with no bundles imo.

I really hope she does merch deals. It definitely helped Yummy’s debut significantly. Gaga could do CDs, t shirts, and makeup.

ViviLittleM
11 minutes ago, Ladygagalover said:

I really hope she does merch deals. It definitely helped Yummy’s debut significantly. Gaga could do CDs, t shirts, and makeup.

Too good to be true but I really hope

Interscope will force Gaga to sell all those ugly merch. See Selina and Billie. Ugly but monsters will eat them up anyway -- 

What they should do is sell pink vinyls and CDs: a guaranteed Top 3 debut lmao :ally: Imagine the boost in sales :vegas:

5 hours ago, Thrasher said:

Didn’t know Tchami is a French producer. Vous garçons better deliver another Diamond single then @ViviLittleM @Miaou @PerfectGUY :ohwell:

He’s also playing at Coachella so who knows if Gaga could make an appearance there?

Tchami also produced some ARTPOP’s song and we saw the commercial result in France :huntyga:

8 hours ago, lordgagx said:

Really helpful reply, either tell me why I'm wrong or don't reply..

Anyway I feel like the lack of chorus is justified by the fact that the song is really energetic all along. It could work since people switch radios a lot and could land in any part of the song, which are all dynamic.

You were simply wrong.

Did Roar destroy TD's hype? No.

Did Bad Romance destroy The Fame's hype? No. It actually took it to another level.

Gaga  had the time to come up with something exceptional. She had all the time in the world to write a pop song that could captivate the public from the first listen, with the first   seconds. And she failed with Stupid Love. Its a basic song that wont do anything. And I am saying all of this because I think we all know what she is capable of. 

TheCureinMalibu
3 minutes ago, Optimus said:

You were simply wrong.

Did Roar destroy TD's hype? No.

Did Bad Romance destroy The Fame's hype? No. It actually took it to another level.

Gaga  had the time to come up with something exceptional. She had all the time in the world to write a pop song that could captivate the public from the first listen, with the first   seconds. And she failed with Stupid Love. Its a basic song that wont do anything. And I am saying all of this because I think we all know what she is capable of. 

okay Octopus.

Luna Lovegood
13 minutes ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

BTS  is also releasing  new material this Friday.

not new it’s ON ft Sia MV

luna’s advocate

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived