Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
charts

Chart Discussion

Rifek

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Thrasher said:

Didn’t know Tchami is a French producer. Vous garçons better deliver another Diamond single then @ViviLittleM @Miaou @PerfectGUY :ohwell:

He’s also playing at Coachella so who knows if Gaga could make an appearance there?

He plays all the festivals all the time

I'm seeing him at one in June

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
malazam
2 hours ago, LateToCult said:

I wouldn’t add them all up because odds are a lot of the Gaga tweets had stupid love in them.

Still double SL hashtag.

another shot before we kiss the other side

malazam
54 minutes ago, OnionGirl said:

April 29, in Vegas, one day before Enigma returns.

If she doesn't go..

another shot before we kiss the other side

Doncho

I wonder if Billboard will count Stupid Love as a Dance/Electronic song. Hopefully they do since Gaga always slay those charts :enigma:

Luna Lovegood

little chartsters top 5 debut possible?

luna’s advocate

Arturo

Randomly checked iTunes and Gaga is trending on iTunes US. Don’t know if she already was because of Ms. Charlotte but its probably in part to people trying to find Ms. Stupid Love

Arturo

iTunes US:

14. XO - Beyonce

I know this is up there because of the funeral (RIP Kobe) but it’s such a bop. Deserves to be THE hit of Self Titled over DIL

Arturo

Yay for positive PD response even if it's just one 

Spoiler

inb4 someone brings up that one PD comparing PI to BR but anyways

ViviLittleM
4 hours ago, Thrasher said:

Didn’t know Tchami is a French producer. Vous garçons better deliver another Diamond single then @ViviLittleM @Miaou @PerfectGUY :ohwell:

He’s also playing at Coachella so who knows if Gaga could make an appearance there?

I didn’t know lmao 

Arturo

I don't think Gaga getting 20 million streams is out of the question.
Perfect Illusion (Sept '16) and Shallow (Sept '18) both debuted with 8.3 million US streams in their first full weeks.

Here's my reasoning:
- Gaga is in the best position streaming wise that she's ever been in between eras. Sure a drop immediately post Oscars would have been better BUT if the era was gonna have to start with a long break, right now is the best way to do it. PI was released when Gaga had never released anything substantial in the true streaming era. She didn't drop the music video and she still managed 8.3m streams. I think 8.3m streams with no MV in 2020 would like like ~14.5 million streams. With the MV maybe ~18.5m? Mind you, PI had very very little replay value by the GP. It wasn't a good vibe song, a good workout song, a good singalong song, a good club song etc. Stupid Love, regardless of how you feel about it, is much more repayable and fits into more everyday/everynight settings.

- Expanding on the previous thought, Gaga had basically no foundation on streaming pre-Joanne. Remember how horrible her numbers were pre-SB? I doubt she was even in the Top 150 artists before PI. Right now she's in the 50's with 29 million followers. That's pretty solid for

1. No radio promoted single released since February 2019 (technically Sept 2018 but since Interscope reserviced it in the US I'll use that)
2. No Latin songs/remixes inflating listeners (Selena, Katy, Nicki)
3. No EDM songs/remixes inflating listeners (Selena, Katy)

It's pretty much all on her. This is her first lead single release with a solid streaming audience AND to go into the sales aspect, an even more loyal iTunes buyers with those soccer moms. Only a complete **** up from her team can lead to the demise of this single in the first week.

Whew....look at this MLA formatted essay.

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived