Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Kesha's Japanese subway ad

David Ward

Featured Posts

David Ward

As much as I love Kesha, this is pretty cringey. Why is she screaming the lyrics in autotune?

What's worse is that, in Japan, its considered incredibly rude to disturb other passengers on the subway.  

WE'RE GONNA DIE YOUNG!!

beaublue

Well first off she’s not screaming, she’s singing. People become louder when singing 😬 second, it’s called singing on key, not auto tune. If it were auto tune then her  vibrato would be distorted which it’s not.

8 hours ago, jsn said:

What was this ad even FOR?

It was a teaser of Die Young leading up to its release from like 2013.

RAMROD

Those Japanese probably like, “Kuso Gaijin again!” :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TheQueenEnthusiast

WOW this is cringey AF LMAOO. It is Kesha-like though. Kesha's earlier aesthetic was trashy white girl who does whatever she wants which is why I never really stanned her but to each their own I guess. 

Defmix100
1 hour ago, lovedillon said:

Well first off she’s not screaming, she’s singing. People become louder when singing 😬 second, it’s called singing on key, not auto tune. If it were auto tune then her  vibrato would be distorted which it’s not.

It was a teaser of Die Young leading up to its release from like 2013.

if you can't hear that her voice is edited you must also think T Pain uses no autotune too

listen to the word "drums", also autotune doesn't need to change vibrato - you can automate strength, vibrato, formant, throat length etc... you can change the way it reacts per note if you want, doesn't need to remain the same throughout

beaublue
On 1/5/2020 at 6:04 AM, Defmix100 said:

if you can't hear that her voice is edited you must also think T Pain uses no autotune too

listen to the word "drums", also autotune doesn't need to change vibrato - you can automate strength, vibrato, formant, throat length etc... you can change the way it reacts per note if you want, doesn't need to remain the same throughout

“You must also think T Pain uses no autotune too” - please don't insult my intelligence, I know what auto tune is & that T Pain uses it & that Kesha HAS used it in the past but this clip doesn’t have auto tune on it. I think what you might be hearing is pitch control which isn’t auto tune. Either way, I don’t hear auto tune 🤷🏻‍♀️ If there is any it’s a small enough amount where I can’t hear it.

Economy

"What's worse is that, in Japan, its considered incredibly rude to disturb other passengers on the subway. "

Bish in Japan everything is rude :air:

- Not leaving your shoes outside in many parts of Japan is rude (here in Canada ur suppostu take them off but u can bring them inside at least)

- in some parts of Japan not burping after finishing a meal is rude cuz that's a reflection that u didn't enjoy the food

- if your boss stays in late it's rude to leave before him and it forces u to stay in longer (no wonder they are so aged, their population has no time for kids)

As cool as Japanese culture is in some ways, in other ways it's complicated and depressingly overbearing AF :deadbanana:

David Ward
1 minute ago, Economy said:

"What's worse is that, in Japan, its considered incredibly rude to disturb other passengers on the subway. "

Bish in Japan everything is rude :air:

- Not leaving your shoes outside in many parts of Japan is rude (here in Canada ur suppostu take them off but u can bring them inside at least)

- in some parts of Japan not burping after finishing a meal is rude cuz that's a reflection that u didn't enjoy the food

- if your boss stays in late it's rude to leave before him and it forces u to stay in longer (no wonder they are so aged, their population has no time for kids)

As cool as Japanese culture is in some ways, in other ways it's complicated and depressingly overbearing AF :deadbanana:

Agreed

David Ward
On 1/5/2020 at 3:54 AM, lovedillon said:

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. Maybe you should sit this one out, buddy.

Glamourpuss

Why is she shrieking :saladga:

14 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

“You must also think T Pain uses no autotune too” - please don't insult my intelligence, I know what auto tune is & that T Pain uses it & that Kesha HAS used it in the past but this clip doesn’t have auto tune on it. I think what you might be hearing is pitch control which isn’t auto tune. Either way, I don’t hear auto tune 🤷🏻‍♀️ If there is any it’s a small enough amount where I can’t hear it.

It's 100% autotuned. Listen again. 

beaublue
15 minutes ago, David Ward said:

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. Maybe you should sit this one out, buddy.

Well, my boyfriend went to college for sound production & is now a producer & when I played it for him he said that it wasn’t auto tune but most likely pitch corrector & a bit of vocal production to “sweeten” the sound. Not to mention I’ve written a 8 track EP in which I wrote & sang all the parts & co-produced so I know what auto tune sounds like since I had the option to use it. In the intro for the video he is singing & then puts auto tune on. Notice the difference when he does the runs & how it changes the vibrato to sound like his voices is walking down/up stairs vs without auto tune his vibrato would sound fluid & normal.

Archived