💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Is Justin Bieber really the 'world's biggest superstar'?

Sherloid Bai

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom

Thats like saying Twilight is the biggest movie in the world because it was super famous for a couple years. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

LaLuna

He's famous, but the world's biggest superstar? Not even in his wildest dreams. 

1 hour ago, Sherloid Bai said:

Arguably Drake, Taylor, Gaga, Billie and Ariana are bigger culturally right now.

Im no Bieber fan but I don't agree at all. Justin Bieber is definitely more well known than Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande but the same as Gaga I would say. I won't even comment on Drake and Billie cause it's out of the question.

And I'm not talking about what each artist brought to pop culture and made an impact but the overall notoriety of the star. Justin Bieber is simply a name everybody knows, even in a small village of Morocco they'll know who you're talking about. Taylor Swift, not sure, she must be much more well known in America, South America etc than in Africa or Asia, Europe 

This is just how I feel but I have no data or research to back this up. I test this based on my parents who follow no current pop stars and are too old to know who Billie Eillish is (lol so thats why she's not even on Bieber or Gaga's level, she's just starting anyways). If my parents talk to me about a current celeb then they are definitely on that superstar level cause they don't hang around on the internet, and they are almost 70 years old, if they know Bieber, it means he's very close to be as internationally known as Michael Jackson. Not to mention, you have to take into account how many times the name Bieber or Gaga is used as a reference in pop culture, whether it's in a television show, in an award show, or simply calling a hairstyle the "Bieber hair", or when someone says "Wow your hair looks like Bieber" or I've even heard the word "Gaga-esque". Same thing can be said about Michael Jackson. If Bieber and Gaga keep making hits they will definitely be pop icons of the 2010s, there is ZERO doubt in my mind. 

Yes Bieber is annoying and a brat but I can't deny that he's a superstar. The biggest? No. The biggest to me is Michael Jackson

Ain’t that the baby baby bitch?

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Dukttape
2 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Thats like saying Twilight is the biggest movie in the world because it was super famous for a couple years. 

This is a perfect analogy

FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, kyanewest said:

Im no Bieber fan but I don't agree at all. Justin Bieber is definitely more well known than Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande but the same as Gaga I would say. I won't even comment on Drake and Billie cause it's out of the question.

And I'm not talking about what each artist brought to pop culture and made an impact but the overall notoriety of the star. Justin Bieber is simply a name everybody knows, even in a small village of Morocco they'll know who you're talking about. Taylor Swift, not sure, she must be much more well known in America, South America etc than in Africa or Asia, Europe 

This is just how I feel but I have no data or research to back this up. I test this based on my parents who follow no current pop stars and are too old to know who Billie Eillish is (lol so thats why she's not even on Bieber or Gaga's level, she's just starting anyways). If my parents talk to me about a current celeb then they are definitely on that superstar level cause they don't hang around on the internet, and they are almost 70 years old, if they know Bieber, it means he's very close to be as internationally known as Michael Jackson. Not to mention, you have to take into account how many times the name Bieber or Gaga is used as a reference in pop culture, whether it's in a television show, in an award show, or simply calling a hairstyle the "Bieber hair", or when someone says "Wow your hair looks like Bieber" or I've even heard the word "Gaga-esque". Same thing can be said about Michael Jackson. If Bieber and Gaga keep making hits they will definitely be pop icons of the 2010s, there is ZERO doubt in my mind. 

Yes Bieber is annoying and a brat but I can't deny that he's a superstar. The biggest? No. The biggest to me is Michael Jackson

I agree with the entire post but this.

Taylor's biggest markets are US and Asia (especially India and Asia).

Archived