Artist Arena: Absurd

A Hybrid

Featured Posts

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gimme More

submitted :selena:

i'm sure most of you will never have heard my song, but i think it fits the theme best out of my options.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Ally Campana
20 hours ago, Talenti said:

@Nuggets has this round in the bag:ally: 

Oh well, this was expected:poot:  I wish I could share more Kimbra songs she’s severely underrated hope y’all enjoy the game!

So sad to see you go so early. :heart: You too @BLACKPINK

Does it matter? Damage is done

A Hybrid

I’m missing one song, and after I recieve that I have to do the spotify/YouTube playlists, so hang in there :flower:

No family’s safe when I sashay

A Hybrid

The songs are here along with the explanations!

@Marges and @Sechito I'll be here all night you better come up with something so I update this...

The ceremony takes place on 30th of December, 2 PM EST. You have to send your rates 'till two hours before that. 

Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2UPufyiR2gG4kz7eEGj0xQ?si=dDnYXmiFQsaxfp5Ruvy2KQ

YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOB4HWr7E3A7n0XfMrtmXe4fCxWSkk6k0
includes the songs that aren’t on Spotify: Golden and Take Off

Short List:

Spoiler

Mikolaj - How To Be A Heartbreaker by MARINA

DiamondKing - Be Alright by Ariana Grande

Animal Claws - History by Michael Jackson

Marges - You Need To Calm Down by Taylor Swift

dllcll - Golden by ZAYN

Mirages - I’m That Chick by Mariah Carey

Jose P - Love Makes The World Go Round by Madonna

Davian - Cease Fire by Christina Aguilera

Nuggets - Hey Hey Hey by Katy Perry

Florian - Cake Pop by Todrick Hall

Ryusei - Change by Lana Del Rey

Bloody Grammys - Royals by Lorde

Sechito - Bittersweet Tragedy by Melanie Martinez

loathereality -  Change Us by Esperanza Spalding

SamanthaC - Back To Your Heart by Backstreet Boys

HighRoad - Rainbow by Kesha

Gimme More - Take Off by Britney Spears

Musicisfreedom - (This Is) A Song For The Lonely by Cher

Ally Campana - Young God by Halsey

Antonio - The One by Kylie Minogue

F71-A1-B98-4314-45-E2-B09-A-6-E1-BB2-E52

@Mikolaj - How To Be A Heartbreaker by MARINA

''Calm them down? How about having entire Paris jump along to this bop to top all the bops? Within the lyrics is carefully hidden a modern decalogue for modern women and gheys alike, guaranteeing a society operating in a casual and unattached harmony. This song alone would carry France on its back to an era of prosperity, glamour, and gay rights. But nooo, let them eat the cake.''

@DiamondKing - Be Alright by Ariana Grande

''Marie Antoinette calms the people by saying "all them tears gon' come and go", "we'll be alright" and "the hard times are golden cause they all lead to better days" indicating the hunger isn't permanent and there will be a solution soon.''

@Animal Claws - History by Michael Jackson

"This song has a political purpose to unite the nations separated by the globe, I think it would be a way to calm certain revolutions and wars."

@Marges - You Need To Calm Down by Taylor Swift

@dllcll - Golden by ZAYN

''Golden is a very nostalgic song, in which Marie Antoinette is remembering all the good old times and reminding the French that every decision has consequences, so they better not try it with the revolution: “The choices we make change the path that we take”. The song also is pretty optimistic about the future + it reminds me of Disney final songs, when everything turns out perfectly and everyone is happy in the end.'' 

@Mirages - I’m That Chick by Mariah Carey

''How else would she stop the revolution if not by convincing them "she's that chick they like" and seduce all of the men with her song and bosom and convince them against the mutiny, cause let's be honest men were the ones who held all the power back then or so they thought.''

@Jose P - Love Makes The World Go Round by Madonna

It’s about spreading love and kindness and making love not war. Perfect for the situation. With this song Marie pretends like she cares about the French people and disagrees with the hell they’re going through. She sings about taking a stand against hunger and pain. Absolutely ideal for this.

@Davian - Cease Fire by Christina Aguilera

''It was a dark day in the French Empire. The people were about to start the French Revolution. They were angry and had their weapons ready to go. What could Marie Antoinette do?? Princess Xtina rushes over and hands her the Lotus cd. "Sing Cease Fire. They'll know you stand by them. Hurry!", she says. Marie Antoinette begins to sing the Cease Fire lyrics, that are all about preventing/stopping a war and standing together. I recommend paying attention to the lyrics of this anti-war anthem. And pretend Marie Antoinette sings this song to the people of France who are about to start a war.''

@Nuggets - Hey Hey Hey by Katy Perry

''Why? Because it's an empowerment anthem. Marie Antoinette would sing this to prove how strong she is and how she is not afraid to battle for the crown. That will definitely make everybody change their mind about the idea of challenging her into a war. She also proves she's immortal in the Hey Hey Hey music video, when they cut her head and remains unbothered by it.''

@Florian - Cake Pop by Todrick Hall

''As usual History was revised and str8-washed. Here is the real story: Marie-Antoinette was just your French local drag-queen inviting you to the Palace of Versailles for a little twerking party to forget about your 9 to 5 job at the fields and mill and the horrible cart traffic in Paris. French deserved a huge gay party and that's what their Kween gave them. I let you guess what cake they ate. It's removed from the History books but French hunties got to enjoy Cher voguing and twerking when she was in her 20s.''

@Ryusei - Change by Lana Del Rey

''The people are dissatisfied and Marie Antoinette knows it so she steps out on a balcony of Versailles and sings this song to the people, speaking of how change will happen and admitting to her own shortcomings in the hope of being able to be with the people of France in peace because "Maybe it's enough to just be where we are" without a revolution. She appeases the people by singing „there‘s a change gonna come, i dont know where or when but whenever it does, we‘ll be here for it.''

@Bloody Grammys - Royals by Lorde

''Atoniette was too materialistic and what she saw growing up was completly different to what Parisian folk did. Maybe if she was humbler and put herself in their shoes, she would have been the perfect ruler for them. That's what the song Royals is about. She writes about her life when she used to live Davenport, New Zealand, she compared it to metropolises (or "cultural hubs") like LA, Londed or New York.''

@Sechito - Bittersweet Tragedy by Melanie Martinez

“If people were starting to get angry with me as her, I'd say ''Let Them Eat Cake'' but in a sympathetic way! That's what Bittersweet Tragedy is, sympathy using metaphors and similes of sweets and cake.”

@loathereality -  Change Us by Esperanza Spalding

'' 'Why just complicate it/You know I love ya, but I hate it/When you start kicking dust/Why must we fuss?/Just when it's good, you wanna change us.' The song is pretty much about ups and downs! The perfect approach to a solution requires reminding the other(s) about the sacrifices and the love. The essence of this approach can silence the crowd.''

@SamanthaC - Back To Your Heart by Backstreet Boys

''Marie Antoinette could have played this song for the French people to try to get "back to their hearts" and have them forget about all the money she was spending.''

@HighRoad - Rainbow by Kesha

''I chose this song because I believe Ms. Antoinette could have sang this to show the French that there is light at the end of the tunnel and things will get better and she’ll try sort something out for them. This song might calm them down.''

@Gimme More - Take Off by Britney Spears

''Britney sings about there being a potential revolution and instead we should come up with some sort of resolution. She sings  that there should be equality and that we're all the same despite differences! Take a look at the lyrics, i think this song fits the theme perfectly. Enjoy!''

@Musicisfreedom - (This Is) A Song For The Lonely by Cher

''I feel like this song could comfort and empower a large group of people: "For the broken hearted, battle scarred  I'll be by your side". Sure maybe an empty promise and people probably wouldn't by it, but that's what leaders do right? Lol''

@Ally Campana - Young God by Halsey

''The song talks about being a King and Queen aka Royalty which is mirrored in Marie Antoinette. It talks about how the King and Queen (aka Marie) is a young God and that they fly high above the people. I truly believe that if Marie had embraced her position as a Queen and let out her inner bad bitch, the people of France wouldn’t have dare to start the French Revolution.''

@Antonio - The One by Kylie Minogue

'' "I'm the one, love me love me love me love me" Marie should have applied the well known method of hypnosis. Had she sung to them this line over and over and over just like Kylie in a monotonous, electronic voice (preferably with background synths), these french people would have no other choice but to worship their one and only queen. It's quite a shame, I have to say.''

No family’s safe when I sashay

Nuggets

Take this round as a perfect excuse to rewatch this gem :flower:

Favorite McDonald's Snack

Mirages
11 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

Take this round as a perfect excuse to rewatch this gem :flower:

You spelled atrocity wrong :teehee:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Jose P

I don’t think I even need to explain my submission honestly. It’s just perfect for this, a song about spreading love and avoiding war and conflict. And it reminds me of the final song in a musical with Marie saving the day and making everyone come together to sing about love and kindness. 

It’s also such and underrated gem that doesn’t deserve the hate it gets :bradley: 

Mirages
1 minute ago, Nuggets said:

20191228-144416.jpg

scared spongebob GIF

I should really take it down a notch but you make it so easy for me to come up with a drag :ladyhaha:

I'm sorry I don't mean harm boo :kara:

Nuggets
Just now, Mirages said:

I should really take it down a notch but you make it so easy for me to come up with a drag :ladyhaha:

I'm sorry I don't mean harm boo :kara:

It's okay hun, we all know you're joking :gayhat:

Your posts are always funny, keep shading me king! :whitney:

The Bold And The Beautiful Hug GIF by CBS

Favorite McDonald's Snack

Mirages
7 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

It's okay hun, we all know you're joking :gayhat:

Your posts are always funny, keep shading me king! :whitney:

The Bold And The Beautiful Hug GIF by CBS

Hey your submission is far from worst I don't think a certain Pet Paw understood the theme at all... Or maybe they just don't understand the French revolution :selena:

Archived