💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

FROZEN 2, THE LION KING Make Oscars 'Original Song' Shortlist; CATS shutout

MessyTop

Featured Posts

MessyTop

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/FROZEN-2-THE-LION-KING-Make-Oscars-Best-Original-Song-Shortlist-CATS-Shut-Out-20191216

Shortlists were announced today for nine categories at the 2020 Academy Awards, including Original Score, Original Song, Makeup and Hairstyling, and Visual Effects.

Disney's Frozen 2 made the cut for Original Song for "Into the Unknown", as well as Original Score.

Other notable names in the Original Song category are Alan Menken and Pasek & Paul's "Speechless," from Aladdin, Elton John's "Never Too Late" and Beyonce's "Spirit," from The Lion King, and "Stand Up," from Harriet, sung by the film's star, Tony Award-winner Cynthia Erivo.

Missing from the Original Song category is Taylor Swift and Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Beautiful Ghosts" from Cats. While the song is no longer in consideration, the film has been shortlisted for Best Visual Effects, along with The Lion King.

The Judy Garland bio-pic, Judy, made the list for Makeup and Hairstyling, while Marriage Story, starring regular Broadway visitors Adam Driver and Scarlett Johanssen, was recognized for its score.

Head the shortlisted songs below and read more about the Oscars shortlists here!

https://ew.com/oscars/2019/12/16/2020-oscar-shortlists/?utm_term=9C11D420-2060-11EA-B24D-9FEA4744363C

27 minutes ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

the film has been shortlisted for Best Visual Effects

:neyde:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

homomo
5 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

The music and movie for frozen were so bad, I left the theater! And I really loved Frozen 1

I feel leaving the theatre is a bit overdramatic.

I agree it wasn’t as good as the first film. However, it’s not like it was a bad movie or anything. It was still entertaining and had that magical Disney charm.

Galagala
25 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

Frozen surely will win, into the unknown slaps so hard :giveup:

Really? I thought it will be "spirit" and I don't want that happen.:enigma:

Archived