Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
science

Australia To See Record Breaking Heat

Featured Posts

Illuminati

If that's how hot it gets there during Christmas I don't even want to imagine what it's like there during summer
:ohno:

• LMAO 8
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Economy
3 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

If that's how hot it gets there during Christmas I don't even want to imagine what it's like there during summer

Ummmmm. I assume ur just messing around right? :sweat:

• Like 1

Economy
Just now, Luc said:

My boyfriend is in Australia right now, but I guess Brisbane will be okay?

Luc!!!!!! I haven't seen u in ages!

• Love 1

Lord Temptation
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

@Lord Temptation are u in the heat zone? :poot:

Yes!!! I’m in the inner west region of Sydney, where it can sometimes get 10 (50F) degrees higher than coastal Sydney. I think the forecast is for 45 degrees (113F) on Thursday! 

I mean it’s not unexpected, we usually get at least one or two days each summer where the temperature hits 40 degrees or more. But heatwaves usually don’t last more than 1 or 2 days and then we get thunderstorms to cool the air...I love Sydney summer rain so the hot weather is kind of a prelude to that.

Wish us luck! 

• Like 1

RahrahWitch
5 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

no GIF

• LMAO 3

Red

Damn Greta!

if u are reading this 👀👀👀 i hope u become rich 🤑🤑🤑 and successful 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Gypsy Life
7 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

This is why you don't skip your geography class. Stay in school kids

49581225_38080884_401200627074479_558101

• LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

Yes!!! I’m in the inner west region of Sydney, where it can sometimes get 10 (50F) degrees higher than coastal Sydney. I think the forecast is for 45 degrees (113F) on Thursday! 

I mean it’s not unexpected, we usually get at least one or two days each summer where the temperature hits 40 degrees or more. But heatwaves usually don’t last more than 1 or 2 days and then we get thunderstorms to cool the air...I love Sydney summer rain so the hot weather is kind of a prelude to that.

Wish us luck! 

Ughhh I know those days

Here in Toronto area the norm is 27-30 in summer but when those 40+ days hit it's brutal (fortunately it's usually only a few days a year too)

It's ironic but i find summer's here in Canada worse than in Portugal just because it's humid here which makes it always feel hotter and muggier whereas in Portugal there was more extreme hot days but at least it was a dry heat which is much more bearable

• Like 1

HIMe
16 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

C3XmIVEWcAAwrw5.jpg

• LMAO 2

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Ughhh I know those days

Here in Toronto area the norm is 27-30 in summer but when those 40+ days hit it's brutal (fortunately it's usually only a few days a year too)

It's ironic but i find summer's here in Canada worse than in Portugal just because it's humid here which makes it always feel hotter and muggier whereas in Portugal there was more extreme hot days but at least it was a dry heat which is much more bearable

Absolutely! The humidity is the killer. And the hot, sleepless nights too. I didn’t realise Toronto summers were just as hot and humid as ours! But the thing is that our summers go on forever...like even at the start of winter in June there are still 30C days!

That’s why autumn is the best, because the worst of the humidity is gone, but the nights are comfortably cool yet the days are still warm.

Melbourne, Canberra, Perth and Adelaide (which are in the southern part of the continent) have a climate similar to Portugal and the Mediterranean, with hot and dry summers. I think I prefer that type of weather instead of what we get in Sydney...it always seems so unsettled here.

OBEY

omg, I was in australia in march-april-mai this year and it was the end of the summer there/beginning of fall.

50 degrees is way too much omg.

• Like 1