Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Associated Press - Best of the 2010's Deacde

PACGAGA

Featured Posts

imnotyourbabe10

Probably an unpopular opinion but ARTPOP was one of the most rad, queer, subversive albums of the 2010's.  May not be all of us monsters' favorite album of Gaga's but it at least deserves recognition this decade. 
From sticking it to the man to the introspective themes as well as her hyper-performance art -- such as  Swinefest -- it was a great era, imho. :diane:

But yay for HAIM, Kendrick and Janelle Monae!

EDIT: I am a freakin flop...where is BTW, too?! lol!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HoneyB

Sza Janelle and Solange getting the recognition they deserve ugh black excellence we love to see itttt:nooo:

Born This Way should’ve been on here and would’ve been a perfect list but oh well:diane:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

PACGAGA
14 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

But, but this albums aren't even best albums those artists released... :laughga:

Well those three and 4 were the only albums released by Bey this year, and 4 was cute. 

For Rih, replace ANTI with Loud or Unapologetic. 

It's nice seeing The ArchAndriod recognized as Janelle's best album, as opposed to Dirty Computer. Before the vagina pants, she was dealing with queer themes in a more nuanced and powerful way. It's a brilliant album.

2 hours ago, SKANK said:

It's nice seeing The ArchAndriod recognized as Janelle's best album, as opposed to Dirty Computer. Before the vagina pants, she was dealing with queer themes in a more nuanced and powerful way. It's a brilliant album.

thank.you.

I love Dirty Computer, but AA is really something else. The way she synthesized so much into one album and make SUCH a unique stamp. DC is easily the most commercial album so naturally it'll get better reception, but her musicality is best displayed on AA (BeBopByeYah? amazing).

The only song on DC that I think lives up to that album is Don't Judge Me. The rest are great songs, but not quite as clever imo. The mixing and mastering of DJM is just so stunning. I don't even know how she and Wonderland managed that one.

Gov Hooka
3 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

Born This Way wtf lmao

But let’s be real. BTW is too gay and kitschy for these basic stupid ass mainstream lists.

and I’m saying that with BTW being my favorite album of all time and agreeing with Lemonade topping the list. 

At this point I’m shocked if BTW is even on any of these lists 

PACGAGA
Just now, Gov Hooka said:

But let’s be real. BTW is too gay and kitschy for these basic stupid ass mainstream lists.

and I’m saying that with BTW being my favorite album of all time and agreeing with Lemonade topping the list. 

At this point I’m shocked if BTW is even on any of these lists 

Joanne was pretty GP friendly though :vegas:

nenhures
Just now, PACGAGA said:

Joanne was pretty GP friendly though :vegas:

Kinda, yeah, but everyone and their mother pays dust to Joanne so I'm not surprised. Maybe someday people will appreciate it as much as I do :bradley:

Gov Hooka
2 hours ago, SKANK said:

I need to sit down and listen to her music one day soon. Don’t know very much about her or most of her art but her performances are always top notch. 

5 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

Born This Way wtf lmao

great album but it wasn’t really acclaimed by the gp, def a fan favorite though 

Archived