💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Better Song: “Shallow” Or “Always Remember Us This Way”?

Gracious Gaga

Which   

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which

• Shallow
    • Always remember us this way

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga

“Shallow” is currently Gaga’s most streamed song to date and probably one of her most well known songs to the general public.

“Always Remember Us This Way” is the second most streamed song from “A Star Is Born”.

IMO ARUTW is a superior song- the melody, the structure, the arrangement, the instrumentation- everything about it is better than Shallow to me, yet Shallow is the hit song from ASIB and the one that everyone knows and seems to love.

which do you think is the better song out of the two, and why?

♥ Kindness Police.

xoxo Craig

Lyrically and sonically, Always Remember Us This Way.

But Shallow has this vulnerability and honesty about it, and I can see why people would connect to it more. Personally, I think I'll Never Love Again is the one that got away

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, LateToCult said:

Before I Cry

I really love this song, but I have to disagree 

End Racism Now

Nikolai Barrow

It's really hard to choose because they are both among her best. But I think Shallow. That chorus is so big and powerful and the bridge is so passionate and badass. I think Shallow has her best Chorus since Bad Romance. 

Sorcerer

Shallow. Maybe y'all are just fed up of it after streaming it hundreds of times (STREAM IT FATS :grr:) but it is one of the most memorable songs not only of Gaga's but of any pop girl's career. The structure is unusual and brilliant. The melody is vivid. The build-up in the bridge is insane and the writing is so vulnerable.

ARUTW and INLA are great songs too. No doubt about that.

MonSwiftAnton

Personally ARUTW is the superior song, but I'm happy that Shallow was THE song of the movie. It's pretty unique in it's structure and also sounds like nothing out there right now. It surely helped at all the award shows. 

Lord Temptation

Shallow is an epic anthem that makes you feel like you’re falling into the deep.

ARUTW is a heartwrenching shot to the wounded heart.

Hard to say but I chose ARUTW.

KatieJudasGaga4

I prefer Shallow. It's so addicting and I felt this type of presence in the song that I've never felt before with any of her other songs, even Judas.

I still love ARUTW though!

LGMonster95

I'll put things like this.

Shallow is definitelly the more special song, it has a very unique structure for the time and period that we are in this music industry, you'll expect this song to be all about love (because its the main song) when you think about what kind of movie ASIB is but in reality is much more than that which in my opinion puts more value in it.

Always Remember Us This Way is the better song for me because it also has great lyrics but it's the more melodic song, it just sounds so lovely.

Overall both songs are amazing. Gaga absolutely slays them and not only with her vocals and technique but she sounds so believable, she sings these songs with such a passion that makes you have literally goosebumps when you hear her sing. She isn't just delivering some vocals here and there but she totally makes you feel what she sings which is a MAJOR PLUS for me.

Gagadonna

By the way, I'm an English teacher now and I've been referring to Gaga few times during my class, and young people LOVE her :party: They all know Shallow, Always Remember, some know I'll Never Love again (even if some of them didn't like or watch the movie). Some say she's their favourite singer, but I dont know if they mean it or they say it to please me (I never mentioned I love her though, just mentioning her name or her songs from time to time) :diane:

That's unbelievable 

Archived