Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Do you like/hate albums' deluxe and special editions?

Deluxe and special editions  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel when artists release special and deluxe editions of their albums?

• I love it.
    • I hate it.

Featured Posts

Bambino

Idk about you guys but I ****ing hate it when artists reissue their already released albums as deluxe or special editions only to include one or two songs. I mean I know it's a strategy from the record label but c'mon, just include all the songs you want in one standard edition or just save the newely added tracks to something else.

For example, Paulina Rubio's album, Brava!, included only 10 songs on the standard edition but a few months later she released a reissue that included only three new songs, followed by another version for the US, and yet another edition for Latin America. Was it so hard for her label to include all the songs, which in total are 14, in one standard edition instead of 4? :fail:

Some artists released whole albums again only to include a remix or a featuring. No me gusta :nails:

Edited by Bambino

Red

I feel like with streaming that’s a part of the past

if u are reading this 👀👀👀 i hope u become rich 🤑🤑🤑 and successful 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

SeasonOfTheWitch

I think the only purpose for a deluxe album should be if artists want to share alternative versions/demos of songs on the standard or even new songs that weren’t finished in time for the “real” standard album. Florence did this and it makes a lot more sense than shoving finished songs on a deluxe (why couldn’t they be in the standard?). In other words: Standard should be for finished songs, deluxe for demos/live versions/remixes etc. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Aubbie

I love it! But only when it’s new tracks and different album art. Otherwise I don’t really care. 

EDIT: I love @SeasonOfTheWitch’s idea as well!

Edited by Aubbie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ropi

I think Madonna released 3 types of Deluxe editions, cause she can boost the sales, her hardcore fans buyin all of them. 

10 song are enough for an album. (Music) 

Hope Gaga won't release LG6 deluxe Japanese and taiwan edition

Edited by ropi

Doot
9 minutes ago, Red said:

I feel like with streaming that’s a part of the past

This. 

It made more sense from a collectors point of view, but the world has basically slowly but surely switched from that now that streaming is the standard. 

mauvais

A perfect album is 40 mins. long imo but I don’t mind a thought out rerelease or extra EP. TFM would still be amazing EP if it was only 4 songs. Paradise is another example of a good rerelease. The complete confection less so because there was no artistic growth. 

River

I don't like tbh, it's a cash grab for no single reason, just let me buy the whole album and not less of it.. also in the charts it makes a mess because both versions are charting at the same time instead of merging the sales and streams to one version.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 1

Trillion Reasons
23 minutes ago, ropi said:

I think Madonna released 3 types of Deluxe editions, cause she can boost the sales, her hardcore fans buyin all of them.

She put Rebel Heart, a title track, in Deluxe Version of album, I can't... :sharon:

• Like 1

Hades

Just release a strong album with 12-14 songs and move on. That's what I would do if I were an artist tbh.

• Like 2

Smother Em Eh

I really only like it when it gives us another cover like TFM & BTW

But overall not really tbh. Just give me a strong 14 track album and it’ll be fine. 

Stream Gaga’s discography on Spotify! Come on LM’s
  • Like 1