💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga on Pope's views on homosexuality

Americano

Featured Posts

I think I was clear.....

Yeah, clearly wrong. We make up less then one percent of the population, by definition we are a minority.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, clearly wrong. We make up less then one percent of the population, by definition we are a minority.

I don't care about that, aren't we all people????

She's not speaking on behalf of gays and lesbians... she can only speak on her behalf, and on behalf of people who want her to do so for them. If her influence can change some minds, I won't complain. But there are a lot of LGBT who don't accept her support, and thats their right as well.

She's not speaking on behalf of gays and lesbians... she can only speak on her behalf, and on behalf of people who want her to do so for them. If her influence can change some minds, I won't complain. But there are a lot of LGBT who don't accept her support, and thats their right as well.

if she is not speaking on behalf the gays and lesbians, who is she speaking about? get my point??

DirtyPonyRebel

What I don't get about you religious people is that you always label yourself somehow, then deny the fact that attributes come with that label. If you believe in a "god" or something supernatural, it seriously has nothing to do with you being a christian whatsoever.

The bible is a part of christian religion and people are making up EXCUSES to keep the ancient book relevant.

It's old, the things stated in there can't be taken serious, so why the heck do people still acknowledge this stupid book as the truth.

Kind of like how people try to keep Madonna relevant.

You don't go to school and study from books that are a little more than a few years old.

They don't apply anymore.

Throw the Bible away and start believing for yourself.

The churches are corrupted anyway and people are seeing that; the people are leaving churches.

They are thinking for themselves, and eventially, religion won't be a label anymore but something you do for yourself.

Woah, someone needs to calm down. Religion, at least in my opinion isn't black and white. While I do condemn many of the things Catholicism promotes, I place a lot of faith into what I believe in. And while I do believe in myself as an individual, I do thank God for helping me get through some tough times I've been through. Although I am pretty young, I've felt alone many times and the only things I had to turn to was myself and my faith.

I am a very open individual, and just because a strong figure of my religion condemns something, doesn't mean I will, too. I think in a very liberal manner; I support gay and female rights (including abortion) and I embrace other people's cultures and beliefs.

I do believe that many of our practices are dated; but for many people that don't have much, their faith is everything. Yes, religion is very corruptible if placed into the wrong hands; but I was raised to respect other people's values and rights. I don't get where this blatant attack/claim came from.

if she is not speaking on behalf the gays and lesbians, who is she speaking about? get my point??

Speaking about gays/voicing her support =/= speaking on their behalf... she's not a "leader", or trying to be one (although I can see how it may seem like she is to some)...

how is it sad? i've read it in the bible with my own eyes.

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

is that supposed to be metaphorical or what?

http://bible.cc/leviticus/20-13.htm here's a bunch of translations, which all seem to say the same thing. am i missing something?

Are you talking about something that was written thousands of years ago when people considered many things permitted today a sin?

I think the major problem is when people think that religions are static, when Jesus himself overturned many of the laws of the Old Testament. His message was clear: love, forgiveness, and compassion. These are the basic pillars against which all religious teachings have to be based. Morality is defined by the social dynamics, but these 3 principles are eternal

Are you talking about something that was written thousands of years ago when people considered many things permitted today a sin?

yes, and you've made my point for me. :)

... Jesus himself overturned many of the laws of the Old Testament. His message was clear: love, forgiveness, and compassion.

This view of Jesus, although popular (it's what I was raised on, and it's surely the version of Jesus that Gaga believes in), is not the only one widely held by Christians, nor indeed is it entirely supported by the bible.

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-19

"I come not to bring not peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters -- yes, even his own life -- he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them -- bring them here and kill them in front of me." Luke 19:27

These are all among the alleged words of Jesus.

Archived