“We Are The World 25 For Haiti”

Songs with “F--k” in the title

The whistle trend

The American version of The X Factor

Kim Kardashian, “Jam (Turn It Up)”

Kreayshawn

LMFAO performs at the Super Bowl

The Rihanna Plane

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/8545381/2010s-pop-music-forgotten?__twitter_impression=true

BUtterfield 8
8 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

There was a whistle trend?

Was there a memo sent around to every major label in the music biz early in the decade? Britney Spears’ “I Wanna Go,” OneRepublic’s “Good Life,” Maroon 5’s “Moves Like Jagger" and Foster The People’s “Pumped Up Kicks” were all fighting for airtime at one point in 2011. Each tune had one thing in common: a blatant whistle hook. Blame Peter Bjorn and John’s indie-pop standard (and ever-present ad agency go-to) “Young Folks” for lodging its own signature whistle hook in all our heads at the end of the previous decade, perhaps. 

A year after the fact, Flo Rida seemed to adopt a “better late than never” attitude when he unleashed an imaginatively-titled treat called “Whistle.” And, yep -- the song was about parting your lips ever so slightly, but not for the sake of making art. “Whistle” eventually made its way to No. 1 on the Hot 100, thus proving that sometimes pop culture truly blows.

doppelganger

I still can't get over LMFAO at the Superbowl. 

Kim is an awful singer. Like, gimme Paris pop perfection anytime. 

Runway

Madonna and Britney making the list of most forgotten events of 2010’s. Not everyone is doing it :applause:

Craven Moorecox
2 hours ago, Rainbow1 said:

Kreayshawn

:bradley: I love Kreayshawn, I saw her live and touched her hand  :bradley:

1 hour ago, Bio said:

The day Madonna officially lost her mind :laughga:

I watched a video of the show from inside the stadium and there was a 10 year old watching with their dad and they were really excited. It would be nice if she did it for the kids at home/there that had no idea who she was but who knows why. 

Archived