đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie doubles down on Meat Dress comment: "i'm being honest & won't lie""

dit

Featured Posts

HookerOnAChurch

Baby, get that air of superiority out of your face and show the world what you can do as an artist.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She just said what she thinks and I agree with her. Good for her to have own opinion and stand for it. 

And now I'm going to stream 'everything i wanted' :music:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

Lord Temptation
25 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

the hashtag didn't trend over nothing, ppl were being nasty towards her both in here and twitter.

I find it ironic that you're mad at her for saying one word "yikes" about a dress that goes against her ideology, but bash her art and craft directly, but oh well. I'm not a huge fan of her, I like her music but don't follow her and keep up with what she does, but even I know that this is incorrect. She's opened up and talked about mental health more than many well established adult artists have

The hashtag trended because TENS OF THOUSANDS of her fans not to mention PETA trended it. 

Good on Billie for talking about mental illness. I wonder if she is aware of the psychological effect of being publicly laughed at? 

No. I’m clearly not a fan of her art, but notice how I didn’t laught at it. I don’t think her work is funny at all. Yet I gave a respectful, articulate response, to which you are more than welcome to reply to with another articulate response if you disagree with my criticism of her artistry.

Didymus
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

Her brother said that Gaga’s vessel was not art, it was just an egg. He was siding with Justin Bieber (of all people), to laugh at Gaga’s artistry. They are meant to be artists themselves, yet showed zero respect for a fellow artist.

So what is she supposed to do? Fake every reaction to show respect? Is that really what we demand of artists? To be fake? 

And why don’t you have to show respect to her art? Because you’re not an artist you can bash her work all you want? That’s a pretty lame philosophy.

The horrible truth is: it’s not a big deal.

Lord Temptation
Just now, Didymus said:

So what is she supposed to do? Fake every reaction to show respect? Is that really what we demand of artists? To be fake? 

And why don’t you have to show respect to her art? Because you’re not an artist you can bash her work all you want? That’s a pretty lame philosophy.

The horrible truth is: it’s not a big deal.

I won’t lie either - I don’t like her art, and I have previously described what I think of it, but I do respect it. I take her work very seriously and would never laugh at it. Her work is a show of power and people idolise power.

But as others have noted, she could have simply stated she doesn’t like/understand Gaga’s art but still respects it. Artists should show solidarity, even if they disagree. It’s simple diplomacy.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

I won’t lie either - I don’t like her art, and I have previously described what I think of it, but I do respect it. I take her work very seriously and would never laugh at it. Her work is a show of power and people idolise power.

But as others have noted, she could have simply stated she doesn’t like/understand Gaga’s art but still respects it. Artists should show solidarity, even if they disagree. It’s simple diplomacy.

But this was just a casual conversation, not an in-depth interview. She just laughed at her brother’s joke, for all we know she thought the vessel was rad af.

Where were you with all this when Gaga mocked Miley on a highly watched talkshow? When she repeatedly slammed artists who lip sync? When she accused Katy and Nicki of copying her? When she implied that Madonna had no musical talent?

People say stuff in the moment. It’s human. Why would we want artists to watch their tongue 24/7? Why can’t artists behave like real people? We live in a free for all say what you will world and they have to censor themselves? Nah. Boring.

Lord Temptation
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But this was just a casual conversation, not an in-depth interview. She just laughed at her brother’s joke, for all we know she thought the vessel was rad af.

Where were you with all this when Gaga mocked Miley on a highly watched talkshow? When she repeatedly slammed artists who lip sync? When she accused Katy and Nicki of copying her? When she implied that Madonna had no musical talent?

People say stuff in the moment. It’s human. Why would we want artists to watch their tongue 24/7? Why can’t artists behave like real people? We live in a free for all say what you will world and they have to censor themselves? Nah. Boring.

In all those instances, Gaga was being asked a question by an interviewer. In the case of Billie and her brother, they literally brought up the meat dress and egg vessel out of nowhere. 

FlopSlurper
31 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

The hashtag trended because TENS OF THOUSANDS of her fans not to mention PETA trended it. 

I've seen tweets by monsters that have tens of thousands of likes/retweets. Monsters are the one who started it AND trended it. PETA and others joined after it trended.

31 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Good on Billie for talking about mental illness. I wonder if she is aware of the psychological effect of being publicly laughed at? 

Once again, Gaga herself made fun of the meat dress amongst other outfits on public television, check a few comments back.

Lord Temptation
Just now, FlopSlurper said:

I've seen tweets by monsters that have tens of thousands of likes/retweets. Monsters are the one who started it AND trended it. PETA and others joined after it trended.

Once again, Gaga herself made fun of the meat dress amongst other outfits on public television, check a few comments back.

She was making fun of herself. Not the dress.

honestly, i would be fine with what she said but the way shes says this stuff sounds like shes trying to be on top of everyone else.

FlopSlurper
5 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

She was making fun of herself. Not the dress.

James was changing different outfits and she was making fun of them. But even if we go with ur understanding of the video, don't you think making fun of herself is even more serious than....a meat dress. She knows it's a ****ing dress not the bible.

Lord Temptation
2 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

James was changing different outfits and she was making fun of them. But even if we go with ur understanding of the video, don't you think making fun of herself is even more serious than....a meat dress. She knows it's a ****ing dress not the bible.

I love that Gaga doesn’t take herself seriously, yet is dead serious when it comes to her art. She is allowed to laugh at those old dresses because James was trying to be funny. James is a comedian.

Didymus
18 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

In all those instances, Gaga was being asked a question by an interviewer. In the case of Billie and her brother, they literally brought up the meat dress and egg vessel out of nowhere. 

Only in one instance was that the case and that was the Miley thing lol. And no, Billie and her brother were actually asked about the meat dress... 

KatieJudasGaga4
16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I agree that this isn't a big deal and Billie Eilish doesn't deserve this hate. However,

Where did Gaga mock Miley? I don't remember this

I don't think Gaga has ever mentioned Nicki before and that Katy tweet was clearly a joke that was taken too literal .

Also, I don't think Gaga would ever imply Madonna had no musical talent since Gaga did say Madonna is one of her biggest inspirations. I think Gaga was trying to say that she writes and produces her music and wants to be remembered for that being her work and not being comparable to someone else.

doppelganger
59 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I think it's just sheer ignorance and (in particular Finneas') refusal to acknowledge the history of pop culture. Gaga has always respected her contemporaries and the artists that had paved the way, even if her music isn't inspired or influenced by them, even if they have publicly dissed her (Christina, Madonna). 

Archived