Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

82% Of Canadians Would Vote For Sanders Over Trump

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/world/2019/7/21/1_4517305.html

An opinion poll asking Canadians to put themselves in US shoes and if it was Canadians voting in US elections only 21% to 23% would vote for Donald Trump in general

When asked more specifically about Trump vs a specific candidates:

82% would vote for Bernie Sanders over Trump

79% For Biden over Trump

78% for Kamala over Trump (before drop out obviously)

77% for Pete Buttigieg

Asked which specific candidate they prefer the most common responses where

Don't know: 46%

Bernie Sanders: 17%

Biden: 15%

Elizabeth Warren: 9%

Kamala Harris: 8%

Buttigieg: 5%

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Economy

On the front Google page it said the article was from November but on the actual article is says July 21st smh :madge:

This is outdated AF if mods wanna delete that's fine :neyde:

PartySick

Is there time to get them all US citizenships and send them to Texas to steal its EC votes from Trump? :selena:

I'm a person and the person that I am can change 🥀
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 2

Economy
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Canada has TASTE. The US could never. 

Considering how insane and toxic a human being Trump is in general (regardless of political affiliation)... 21% support is still high :madge:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Economy
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Is there time to get them all US citizenships and send them to Texas to steal its EC votes from Trump? :selena:

My understanding is that whatever a state votes for... All EC votes from that state go towards that nominee even if it's a small win margin?

• Like 2

PartySick
19 minutes ago, Economy said:

My understanding is that whatever a state votes for... All EC votes from that state go towards that nominee even if it's a small win margin?

I mean...

There are 538 EC votes in total. 100 come from senate, 438 come from electors (representatives) from the states and Washington D.C.

Generally, the winner of a state's popular vote gets every representative's vote from that state or district (some states are split). But they don't HAVE to vote the way their state does.

Our president is actually chosen for us by 538 people that are expected to represent the majority's wishes but aren't legally obligated to.

Which is one of two reasons so many people want to kill the EC. The other is that a candidate can get more votes than any other in history, and nearly 4 million more than her opponent, and still lose because of an unfair counting system and defecting electors.

Tl;dr - yes but actually no

Edited by PartySick
I'm a person and the person that I am can change 🥀

AlexanderMagno

Well, yes between Trump and other candidate, everyone chooses other candidate. But when asked directly which they prefer, the difference is quite significant: only 17% for the most liked candidate. Whether this is a "I don't know about USA politics" situation or a "the lesser evil".

• Like 1

Economy
5 hours ago, PartySick said:

I mean...

There are 538 EC votes in total. 100 come from senate, 438 come from electors (representatives) from the states and Washington D.C.

Generally, the winner of a state's popular vote gets every representative's vote from that state or district (some states are split). But they don't HAVE to vote the way their state does.

Our president is actually chosen for us by 538 people that are expected to represent the majority's wishes but aren't legally obligated to.

Which is one of two reasons so many people want to kill the EC. The other is that a candidate can get more votes than any other in history, and nearly 4 million more than her opponent, and still lose because of an unfair counting system and defecting electors.

Tl;dr - yes but actually no

Here in Canada there's no such Province getting all the votes. It's split by region to region

If my region elects s liberal seat for example it doesn't stop the conservatives from getting their seat in another part of the province

I didn't know some states were split tho

Doesn't having some states split and not others make the election even messier and unfair tho? :madge:

Newpolitics
5 hours ago, Economy said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/world/2019/7/21/1_4517305.html

An opinion poll asking Canadians to put themselves in US shoes and if it was Canadians voting in US elections only 21% to 23% would vote for Donald Trump in general

When asked more specifically about Trump vs a specific candidates:

82% would vote for Bernie Sanders over Trump

79% For Biden over Trump

78% for Kamala over Trump (before drop out obviously)

77% for Pete Buttigieg

Asked which specific candidate they prefer the most common responses where

Don't know: 46%

Bernie Sanders: 17%

Biden: 15%

Elizabeth Warren: 9%

Kamala Harris: 8%

Buttigieg: 5%

this is such a random poll . i,m pretty sure most canadian really dont care about the mess that is american politics tho:laughga:

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind
  • Like 1

Economy
48 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

The taste jumped out. We have no choice but to stan Canada forever

Canada:

142161_257365.jpg

syncrude-upgrader.jpg

env-GHG-ch1a.png

electric-vehicle-sales-1.jpg

:selena:

Edited by Economy
  • LMAO 1