Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Twitter Monsters are going to hurt Gaga's career one day

Featured Posts

LilyLark

 

Edited: I get that a lot of what happens on stan twitter stays on stan twitter (only 10% of the GP is on twitter, much less entertainment twitter) but 2019/20 twitter behavior is different from 2011. Taylor ended up getting a fair amount of bad press over the Swifties behavior with Scooter.

Whenever Swifties, Beyhive, Monsters act foolish on twitter—guess who ends up eating sh*t? Not the twitter stans, but the stars themselves. It's unfair, but it is what it is. Do people honestly not realize that is how it always plays out? Even if Billie went f*ck Gaga, guess who would end up getting the sh*tty press and dragged once the stans go buck wild? Gaga. And besides all that, bullying is wrong in the first place.

I'm aware it's near pointless to play twitter police, but really can't some of you guys cut this sh*t out? This isn't going to "play" the way you want it play—instead, it's going to be spun as 33 year old Gaga bullying a teenager even if Gaga has jack to do with it. Luckily, there's enough real life news and entertainment news that this hopefully shouldn't become a "thing," like the Ed Sheeran debacle, but it could have been really bad for Gaga. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least three twitter incidents when little monsters got Gaga bad press...1) Venom reviews 2) Ed and 3) Kissing Brian.

TLDR: Some (not all of y'all, because a lot on twitter and on here see it's foolish) are going to one day do real damage, and not temporary damage, to Gaga. People are either desperate for drama, or they misplace their emotions from other aspects of their lives into dumb stan wars. The few of you on here with big twitter accounts, who stir drama up, just...if you really stan Gaga think twice before you engage in this type of behavior.

Edited by LilyLark
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KleinGa

Girl breathe. Monsters have been this way since the very beginning. At one point, they were the most ruthless and vile fanbase on Twitter. Gaga’s career seemed to have done fine 10 years later. 
The Billie mess was sooo tame compared to what wouldve happened if this were 2010/11.

Edited by KleinGa
  • Like 14
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhillipBagshaw
2 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Whenever Swifties, Beyhive, Monsters act foolish on twitter—guess who ends up eating sh*t? Not the twitter stans, but the stars themselves.

Yeah, because Taylor Swift's or Beyonce's careers are reallyyyyy suffering rn. 

It's not that deep. It's just the internet. Bad press on Gaga literally doesn't affect anyone

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hoss

this type of behavior is not and never will be gaga’s fault so it will never damage her career imo, just makes her fans look bad 🤡 

  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KleinGa
1 minute ago, Hoss said:

this type of behavior is not and never will be gaga’s fault so it will never damage her career imo, just makes her fans look bad 🤡 

Exactly! Beyonce is thriving right now as an artist but her stans are universally hated. No correlation between stan behavior and career relevance exists

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LilyLark
5 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Girl breathe. Monsters have been this way since the very beginning. At one point, they were the most ruthless and vile fanbase on Twitter. Gaga’s career seemed to have done fine 10 years later. 
The Billie mess was sooo tame compared to what wouldve happened if this were 2010/11.

True, but in 2019 cancel culture is a real thing (yeah, sh*tty right wingers take advantage of the term, but it happens over the silliest things). Like all stars who have been around a while (Katy, Gaga, Rih, Madonna, etc.), Gaga's ish has been exposed in the past but if it keeps getting brought up...because monsters provoke other stans into fights...it could get her "cancelled".

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

this type of behavior is not and never will be gaga’s fault so it will never damage her career imo, just makes her fans look bad 🤡 

No lies detected.

Any time I read (past tense because I haven't seen it in years) something about Gaga stans attacking someone else, it always starts out "Gaga is so kind and preaches a message of love and tolerance...so why do her cultists act like such clowns?"

If anything, they're making Monsters look bad :selena:

I'm a person and the person that I am can change 🥀

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jose P

I think what goes down on Twitter is less relevant and impactful than you think. When sh*t goes down you hear all this commotion but it’s all senseless noise and the next week no one even remembers what happened. That’s how it always is on stan Twitter.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LilyLark
Just now, rasclautmangos said:

I really don't think it's that serious.

It's not, I just naturally cuss a lot and if I write like i normally talk....I sound angry lol. But my point remains...people need to cut it out. Twitter bullying by monsters might have not impacted Gag's in the past, but in 2019/2020 I could see it hurting her.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KleinGa
Just now, LilyLark said:

True, but in 2019 cancel culture is a real thing (yeah, sh*tty right wingers take advantage of the term, but it happens over the silliest things). Like all stars who have been around a while (Katy, Gaga, Rih, Madonna, etc.), Gaga's ish has been exposed in the past but if it keeps getting brought up...because monsters provoke other stans into fights...it could get her "cancelled".

Give me one instance where the behavior of the fans has resulted in a major artist getting cancelled? 

They get cancelled because of their own actions, not the fans. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
Just now, LilyLark said:

Gaga's ish has been exposed

Like what? The worst thing I can think of that she's done is work with R. Kelly. That's public knowledge at this point and ARTPOP became a 14 track album on streaming services because of it :bradley:

She hasn't done anything worthy of being cancelled by anyone but pressed stans of other artists tbh.

I'm a person and the person that I am can change 🥀
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LilyLark
3 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Give me one instance where the behavior of the fans has resulted in a major artist getting cancelled? 

They get cancelled because of their own actions, not the fans. 

But people are often content to let bad actions "lie" in the past—especially if stars have apologized—until stans drag it up again and bring it back in the light.

Edited by LilyLark

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morphine Prince

This fan base has always been ruthless and often immature, vile, and toxic.

It's good when Gaga needs to be defended but a double edged sword when they show the Little Monstrosities they can be at times.

Gaga doesn't even engage with these people anymore. She knows many are toxic.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LilyLark
14 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Yeah, because Taylor Swift's or Beyonce's careers are reallyyyyy suffering rn. 

It's not that deep. It's just the internet. Bad press on Gaga literally doesn't affect anyone

I mean, Taylor got a sh*tload of negative headlines about Swifties behavior towards Scooter. It went way beyond "stan twitter." It doesn't hurt her career, but it is not like it does her any good, either.

Edited by LilyLark

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...