• Created
  • Last Reply
HoneyB

Mr. Allen, please stfu. Thank u :) 

-Talenti

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

14 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I still think he's kind of right.

Anyway, where I live, the "n-word" is not a problem. So I can't reach the problem there is in the USA: There's not even discussion about it here, it's not a common word but if anyone uses it no one takes offense. It's not an offensive word at all, unlike calling someone else a "monkey" for example.

White people used the word as a derogatory slur against black people. And our racist history is still recent.  It was as recent as the fifties we still had segregation. And some of that segregation still went on beyond that. 

And black people are unfairly profiled, and thus end up being arrested for smallest issues. 

There is a history behind the word. None of it good as long as it's in the hand of a white man. 

It's okay if you don't get it, but lack of information and understanding doesn't make a thing okay. 

BuddyDoodle
18 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Anyway, where I live, the "n-word" is not a problem. So I can't reach the problem there is in the USA: There's not even discussion about it here, it's not a common word but if anyone uses it no one takes offense. It's not an offensive word at all, unlike calling someone else a "monkey" for example.

I kind of agree, and I live in the US. Like, I've seen people use it as a replacement for "buddy" "pal" or "friend". However, I don't use it, because I'm white.

I actually own a discord server where I don't allow anyone to use the n word, whether they're black or not, since 1, the word is offensive to many, and 2, it's unfair that certain people are allowed to do things that others can't. In my server, everyone's equally treated, no matter what skin color, disabilities, sexuality, religion, etc. I won't allow any group of people to  be treated better than another group. So I don't allow the n word, r word (used to offend disabled people), or f word (used to offend gays)

Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

This is interesting. Some ppl say it shouldn't be used period while others think only white ppl should be banned from using it :emma:

I have used it so many times with my black friends cuz we use the word in a bro kind of context

If never risk using it with someone I don't know how they'd take it tho :sweat:

I think it's different when it's between friends. It's up to them if it's offensive or not and if they are ok with you using it then it's nobody else's business. 

But the word was always used as a racist slur and it seems arrogant for a white person like Tim Allen to demand that he be allowed to use it. He's never been the target of racist abuse so he shouldn't have the right to use a word that will offend many people.

I know that people of colour use the word between themselves to take the power back but I've witnessed many instances where a black person has reacted negatively to being called the n word, even when it's friendly banter. There's a reason that the word is taboo for white people and it should stay that way imo.  

25 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Where do u live anyway

Economy
2 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I think it's different when it's between friends. It's up to them if it's offensive or not and if they are ok with you using it then it's nobody else's business. 

But the word was always used as a racist slur and it seems arrogant for a white person like Tim Allen to demand that he be allowed to use it. He's never been the target of racist abuse so he shouldn't have the right to use a word that will offend many people.

I know that people of colour use the word between themselves to take the power back but I've witnessed many instances where a black person has reacted negatively to being called the n word, even when it's friendly banter. There's a reason that the word is taboo for white people and it should stay that way imo.  

Yeah I get that about using it publicly.

Tho tbh if a word has that bad a history and the history and meaning behind the original context of the word is what gets people triggered, I don't think black ppl should use it either by that line of thinking, It may sound even worse for a white person to say it... But then nobody should say it really

Either way like I said... Given the controversal nature about whether it's ok to use it in a modern context (that is meant totally differently than the way it was used 50+ years ago)…

I'll use it with my black friends I know and refrain from using it with ppl I don't know... if u don't know how someone will take it or if they might get triggered, It's not that hard not to use it.

1 hour ago, David Ward said:

He told IndieWire in 2018 that "there’s nothing, especially in this area, that pisses people off more than a very funny conservative...

This premise remains untested due to lack of examples.

White people complaining about not having permission to use the n-word will never not look like children whining about not being allowed to play with a toy.

It's not your word - get over it. Black people can decide to use that word as they please. It's theirs to reclaim. :flutter:

JustinTrudeau

Black people are dying in the USA from injustice every day, and this white boomer complains about not using one word out of the hundreds and thousands of words in the English language?

Please. :huntyga:

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

Can any German members let us know if there’s an “n word” of sorts against Jewish people in Germany? I know of slurs, but I wonder if Germans see hatred against Jewish people in the same way as Americans see hatred against black people? Is it seen as equally forbidden and are there “unspeakable” comments that are replaced by phrases such as “the n-word”?

ItWasntLaauv

I’m all about stuff not being super PC when it comes to comedy and stuff, but if you’re going to do stuff like that, it has to be the most clever sh*t ever, or else it’s just baseless and tasteless. That goes for any comedian, not just white or POC.

JazzGa
26 minutes ago, Chic said:

Can any German members let us know if there’s an “n word” of sorts against Jewish people in Germany? I know of slurs, but I wonder if Germans see hatred against Jewish people in the same way as Americans see hatred against black people? Is it seen as equally forbidden and are there “unspeakable” comments that are replaced by phrases such as “the n-word”?

There is an American ethnic slur for Jewish people that I would say is on level with c*nt and the n-word (though it does not get as much attention). I will PM you a link to the wiki page if you want to learn about it and its history

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

PartySick
1 hour ago, Economy said:

This is interesting. Some ppl say it shouldn't be used period while others think only white ppl should be banned from using it :emma:

I have used it so many times with my black friends cuz we use the word in a bro kind of context

If never risk using it with someone I don't know how they'd take it tho :sweat:

I used to use it in 9th grade when all my best friends were black. It just kind of stuck on me :emma:

But it got boring :emma: it's just such an ugly word, even in casual conversation. No one should use it but that especially goes for entitled conservative whites :laughga:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

Archived