💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Tim Allen mad he can't use the N-word

David Ward

Featured Posts

David Ward

o-TIM-ALLEN-facebook-1200x600.jpg

Allen is currently starring in the hit comedy series 'Last Man Standing.' The show is set to launch its 8th season on January 2nd, 2020.

This isn't the first time Tim Allen has spoken out against PC culture. He told IndieWire in 2018 that "there’s nothing, especially in this area, that pisses people off more than a very funny conservative... A smart, funny conservative that takes shots and is certainly self-effacing," and that he uses this to "mess with the public."

According to PopCulture, his efforts to defend his dated jokes goes back to 2013. He defended his right to use the "n-word" to Tampa Bay Times.

"If I have no intent, if I show no intent, if I clearly am not a racist, then how can 'n—' be bad coming out of my mouth?" Allen asked rhetorically to the outlet. "[The phrase] 'the n-word' is worse to me than n—."

He joins many comedians in this philosophy like Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tim-allen-complains-not-being-181713443.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

Like  I learned on Netflix:  

If you're white, keep it light.  

and every time I've decided against that, I've regretted it.  :huntyga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

"'the n-word' is worse than n****" :nooo: can someone take his head out of his ass pls

RahrahWitch

Intent doesn't matter, You're 66 Years old and haven't figured out that some words have a History to them? It's not that hard to comprehend :saladga:

AlexanderMagno

I still think he's kind of right.

Anyway, where I live, the "n-word" is not a problem. So I can't reach the problem there is in the USA: There's not even discussion about it here, it's not a common word but if anyone uses it no one takes offense. It's not an offensive word at all, unlike calling someone else a "monkey" for example.

why do people crave to use offensive language :rip: I understand the idea of it being forbidden therefore an urge to use it maybe, but like.. imagine the word didn't even exist! There was life pre-n word! They survived!

Glamourpuss

There should never be any reason for a white person to say the n word. Not even if it's used in a joke. 

President Biden
2 minutes ago, S0436 said:

I don’t like it when black comedians use this word.  It should be banned for all people to use.

It shouldn’t be socially acceptable, but in the United States it is unconstitutional to “BAN” the usage of a word. 

I got drunk

Economy
8 minutes ago, S0436 said:

I don’t like it when black comedians use this word.  It should be banned for all people to use.

9 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

There should never be any reason for a white person to say the n word. Not even if it's used in a joke. 

This is interesting. Some ppl say it shouldn't be used period while others think only white ppl should be banned from using it :emma:

I have used it so many times with my black friends cuz we use the word in a bro kind of context

If never risk using it with someone I don't know how they'd take it tho :sweat:

Reginald

...Tough look for our guy Tim Allen :toofunny:

Big yikes energy :poot:

His PR team is gonna be putting in overtime  for this one.

nenhures
14 minutes ago, S0436 said:

That's a pretty reductive way to look at it, though. The n-word is a slur that was appropriated by its target demographic and if someone is uncomfortable being referred to as that slur (be them from said demographic or not), sure they have all the right to express that and have their wishes respected but it doesn't make sense to look down on black people for using the n-word.

It's the same thing as LGBT people using f*g or d*ke or tr*nny or whatever other slur that has been used against us (hell, even "gay" is used as derogatory to this day). It's about taking the power from our oppressors and putting it in our hands while acknowledging the history behind a word that has been used over and over to put us down and integrating it into our culture.

It's not just a word. There's context and weight to it and black people have every right to use it and it shouldn't be banned because you "don't like it".

Archived