Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
other

Haus Labs palette PANNED on reddit

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Sickness
1 hour ago, Miel said:

Some of them are a little rude, but the main point of "it's pretty, and decent quality, but it's Gaga so we expected more" is honestly really valid.

This has been every "negative" opinion since the first few products got released. No one is dragging her or saying it's BAD, but when the woman most known for her eccentric yet cool style, haute couture and crazy makeup finally launches a makeup brand and all you get is basic packaging, palettes and visuals, you're only bound to feel disappointed.

Also no one is asking for every swatch to be neon colors for a first palette, neutrals are everywhere in the makeup world, it's a must. But since they're everywhere and you're also releasing some, the only thing that's gonna make them "yours" and stand out is the different packaging and marketing. It's basic branding ffs.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

In  my opinion the big majority of the make up fans don't want crazy palette so many would say that I believe. :)

And he's the biggest cause he's one of the rare famous big brand who super frankly went for colors. He took the niche and he's famous for that and mainly for doing it with a great quality cause other famous "crazy colors brand" don't always have the quality.

I mean maybe you could surely find many other good quality over the top palettes but I'm talking about the famous brands, the ones that the GP knows about and think about.

So to me his success doesn't really mean crazy colors are globally super loved. His strategy paid cause it wasn't crowded there and cause he did it well but overall I think going eccentric make many people go away globally.

It’s still a niche that works and the fact that she decided to go for the uninspired stuff that sells best is proof that she’s doing this for money and doesn’t even care about the actual line 

Shes not even the CEO lol she’s just a face put on it

Its funny cause she used to say she HATED being used to sell stuff like perfume but hey

Guillaume Hamon
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It’s still a niche that works and the fact that she decided to go for the uninspired stuff that sells best is proof that she’s doing this for money and doesn’t even care about the actual line 

Well on the Oprah ELLE  she said she would give the money away if the brand was doing well.

Now if it's BS and she actually didn't really mean it that would be vile of her haha! ;) 

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Its funny cause she used to say she HATED being used to sell stuff like perfume but hey

I think she was dissing perfumes specifically. Maybe it's because she wasn't really wanting to do it and was pushed by her label so it annoyed her. I hope that HL is about her wanting it on the other hand.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

So all she would have to do is chose how the products are and not bothered with responsibilities? :D Sounds like the most fun option if it's that! ;) 

Sanne Godijn
14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Gaga has spend  2years creating hauslabs and was involved in every aspect of it she didnt just slap her name on it get you facts straight 

37 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Then why is Jeffree Star one of the biggest influencers with a business worth plenty of millions based on rainbow palettes and blue highlighters worth 50$ ? :oprah:

Artistic makeup is bigger now than ever and has even became a daily wear thing thanks to Instagram trends.

There are PLENTY of bold colorful brands making BANK.

Also it's sad to see y'all are just happy that she gives up on her artistry to pander to the GP for a few cheap bucks.

Also also there are ways to do wearable palettes that are cohesive, look cute and are refreshing. Anastasia Beverly Hills exists.

This whole brand is a knockoff version of Path McGrath labs.

It's honestly depressing to see everyone get caught in their admiration for Gaga and not being able how messy this brand is on many levels.

This, GGD is so annoying sometimes.

Like, I dont like that Gaga got into this endeavour, but if she did, id like to see her succeed, and these boring af releases WONT make her succeed.

The industry is too saturated and too harsh, she is already very late to the party, theres just not time for "its her first palette, so give her time" no honey, if she doesnt fix this boring crap asap, she wont gain any new public interest when she finally releases something deserving of her name.

She already made a bunch of mistakes that have gathered criticism, the preorder, the exclusivity deal, the generic packaging, and now, a very basic palette with colors that you can get pretty much everywhere from any brand. If she keeps like this, HL will be history. 

But GGDers are too blind to see that.

And by the way, when she released her first perfume (which she said she hated later),  the packaging, the bottle, the ads, even her weird release event where she slept, EVERYTHING screamed GAGA, everything felt like it stood out among the masses, among all celebrity perfumes. And it tried to bring something new to the table with the "black liquid that turns clear". Its a world of difference compared to the makeup.

A few similar palettes released this past year:

Violet Voss, $18, 10 shades

Tati beauty, $48, 24 shades

Natasha Denona Sunrise palette, $65, 15 shades

Viseart Warm Edit, $39, 12 shades

KKW X WINNIE eyeshadow palette, $49 (now $34,30), 12 shades

Eyeshadow palette Sarah likes and has used on gagaj

Marc Jacobs, $49.50, 7 shades

Palette I own and would recommend:

Coloured Rain Queen of hearts, $21, 12 shades

I'm not bashing anything but some of you need a reality check. There is a lot of competition and if she wants to do well she has to stand out somehow. 

37 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Do we really think that the woman who signed the biggest residency deal in the history of Vegas really is concerned about not having enough money?

3 minutes ago, Doot said:

Do we really think that the woman who signed the biggest residency deal in the history of Vegas really is concerned about not having enough money?

And why exactly do you think she signed that deal ? :poot:

Sanne Godijn
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Because gaga loves performing 

1 minute ago, Sanne Godijn said:

Because gaga loves performing 

It's very cute to see you think everything is that pure and I'm not doubting that she does love performing because duh. I'm not doubting that she had a say in Haus Labs either.

But those two projects are clearly wayyyy less personnal than she says they are. It's way more about the money than it is about the actual content and it shows.

If it wasn't Enigma wouldn't be a rehash of her career and this brand would have some inspiration in the packaging, shades or marketing.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You are missing the point of what I mean. 

Yes, Gaga intends to make money off of her ventures. If she didn't, she wouldn't charge for her tours or her music. But she does. 

Why? Because she's a commerical artist who belongs to a label and has people within her employ that she has to pay. 

The point I'm making is that because a select number of people don't like the current business venture, they are trying to grasp at straws to come up with a reason as to why it's shallow and shitty. 

doppelganger
7 hours ago, PEZ said:

I am wondering if Haus Labs will eventually release palettes themed around other albums/eras. An ARTPOP palette could have a couple uncommon/vibrant 'we want Crazy Avant GardeGa' colors that I see some disappointed posters asking for.

I thought the Dynasty Glam Attack was a unique and fun color, and that was in the initial product rollouts -- it felt like a pretty daring choice (how often do you see someone wearing a saturated green lid?), but also a very naturally Gaga choice (striking and playful and meant for experimentation). I hope we see a nice shimmery warm purple or deep blue in future palettes or Glam Attacks.

Anyway, I thought the colors in this Fame palette were pretty sensible choices for their first palette (especially if they're limiting it to 10 colors/palette instead of 18 or 20 -- not a while lot of room), and I don't have any real criticisms of it.

Granted Dynasty and Legend were pretty unique in the sense of how shamelessly vintage they look.  I think Glamour Puss Glam Attack is pretty bold. That some people here still think CrazyGa is nowhere in HL .... 

I noticed Gaga rarely does multi-coloured makeup. The Applause makeup was actual paint. I love the pride look but only recently noticed that it's just two colours. A glow in the dark lipstick would be cool but most LMs hate the Enigma makeup for some reason. Come to think of it, her colourful looks aren't her most iconic makeup looks.

Obviously HL is designed to make money and she isn't going to roll out one palette that covers her entire career's worth of beauty looks. 

Lady-Gaga-Enigma-770x433.jpg

53dff80b61c5dd69777e26aaa8343961.jpg

98d73825d356546580c41591f1e68035.jpg

beauty-2016-02-lady-gaga-grammys-david-b\

Lady-Gaga-Super-Bowl-Makeup-Breakdown.pn

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

It's very cute to see you think everything is that pure and I'm not doubting that she does love performing because duh. I'm not doubting that she had a say in Haus Labs either.

But those two projects are clearly wayyyy less personnal than she says they are. It's way more about the money than it is about the actual content and it shows.

If it wasn't Enigma wouldn't be a rehash of her career and this brand would have some inspiration in the packaging, shades or marketing.

You have zero proof of that. Unless she explicitly comes out and says it you're grasping at straws

Sanne Godijn
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Gaga spent 2years creating hauslabs and was involved in every aspect of it that sounds like very personal to me

Archived