Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Cardcaptor Sakura and its bisexual main character

Seeka

Featured Posts

In a time where the LGBTQIA community is wanting more representation, we should look on something miraculous back in the day. 

Cardcaptor Sakura, a magical girl anime often overlooked, and may we say, a spiritual prequel to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, had a bisexual main character. 

giphy.gif

Li Syaoran, a Chinese transfer student and descendant of a family who protected the Clow cards, is a main character in Cardcaptor Sakura. And he falls hard for Yuki, a high schooler who Sakura also has a crush on. While nothing comes of it, Li's feelings are obvious and the dub even realizes they can't write it off as anything other than a crush. 

This is a children's anime mind you. Made in the 90s. 

Well it was made by CLAMP. But still. 90s. 

And this has been a throwback to your openly LGBTQIA childhood. 

Reginald

I used to f****** STAN Cardcaptors 20 years ago :sara:

I actually just bought a pastel pink Cardcaptors t-shirt from hot topic the other day.

Taste has arrived! @Seeka

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Ryusei

mind you he's also 9-13 throughout the series so yeah :awkney: 

But anyways I loove Card Captor Sakura :diane: 

Musery

6 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I used to f****** STAN Cardcaptors 20 years ago :sara:

I actually just bought a pastel pink Cardcaptors t-shirt from hot topic the other day.

Taste has arrived! @Seeka

I never watched it in full because we had sh!tty cable. The only childhood animes I have watched in full was Digimon. 

So I'm like rewatching it now. 

5 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

mind you he's also 9-13 throughout the series so yeah :awkney: 

But anyways I loove Card Captor Sakura :diane: 

Little bisexual doods need representation too. 

I get what you're saying. But still. It's CLAMP. Li is definitely bi. 

3 minutes ago, The Bling said:

Literally every character in that show is bi :awkney:

It's CLAMP. They don't create heterosexuals. Ever. But I just thought I'd bring forth the most obvious one. 

we can't forget the lesbian queen herself miss tomoyo, her crush on sakura was the cutest

also yukito and touya were basically canon lmao

The Bling
Just now, Seeka said:

It's CLAMP. They don't create heterosexuals. Ever. But I just thought I'd bring forth the most obvious one. 

Well I'd say the most obvious is Tomoko, but she can be disguised as the average infatuated best friend (and she is)

And Touya and Yukito don't hide it very well either :air:

Syoran gets the 'he's not really bi, he's attracted to a guy because of magic' treatment tho

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

1 minute ago, The Bling said:

Well I'd say the most obvious is Tomoko, but she can be disguised as the average infatuated best friend (and she is)

And Touya and Yukito don't hide it very well either :air:

Syoran gets the 'he's not really bi, he's attracted to a guy because of magic' treatment tho

I'm only on like episode 12. 

Tomoyo and Sakura get that romantic friendship dealio. But Sakura has it so bad for boys. 

Touya and Yukito are like adorbs. 

I still place Li on the LGBTQIA spectrum. Like there's only gonna be so much magic that will force you against cultural norms. However Li is from China, and I don't know much about China in the 90s. 

But also it's a CLAMP anime. Everyone is pretty and bisexual. 

The Bling
1 minute ago, Seeka said:

I'm only on like episode 12. 

Tomoyo and Sakura get that romantic friendship dealio. But Sakura has it so bad for boys. 

Touya and Yukito are like adorbs. 

I still place Li on the LGBTQIA spectrum. Like there's only gonna be so much magic that will force you against cultural norms. However Li is from China, and I don't know much about China in the 90s. 

But also it's a CLAMP anime. Everyone is pretty and bisexual. 

Oop :air: sorry for the spoiler then

I guess that's up for debate but I don't really care, I just take what the anime gave me

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

In Clear Cards, Touya and Yukito are together if I'm not wrong :ally:

Clear Cards being the new chapter, there is also the first part of it on streaming :)

Archived