Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic Light
3 hours ago, Runway said:

People saying Katy :lmao:

Where? Nobody here mentioned her except a person, you just needed to mention her to be mean towards her for no reasons, as always :awkney: how petty :rip:

Be kind 🧡

8 hours ago, Spock said:

Artist of the Decade and Woman of the Decade Grammy award winning legend Taylor Swift keeps winning :applause:

and on her flop era :applause:

I think Lover performed much better than Reputation in single charts.:vegas:

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

7 hours ago, IcePrincess said:

Is there Men of the decade billboard award?

i dont think so, this is so sexist.:ladyhaha:

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

MetalGaga

Sales charts are whatever. Gaga put her palm to the ground and injected energy into the entire planet with Born This Way while Taylor was writing RED. She was liberating cities with the ArtRAVE before 1989 came out. 

Please, I know who the artist of the decade is. 

Get that money, though, Tay. 

Suspiria
8 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Lady Gaga? Or Katy? Or Ariana?

Gaga was basically absent to the GP from 2013 to late 2018.

Ariana was basically seen as a Disney star until last year. No one took her that seriously.

Katy maybe. But she's had a massive dip in success since around 2015 - Taylor on the other hand has had no dips.

There really isn't anyone who has been as consistently massive in their success throughout the whole decade. Rihanna possibly... but then again she's only released like 2 songs since 2016.

HoneyB

If the reward is about chart success then I guess that makes sense. Congrats to Ms. Taylor:applause:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

ryhanna

Totally deserved. 

Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about Taylor or her music, to deny the fact that she's probably been the biggest, most consistent powerhouse in the music industry for the past decade would just be silly. 

She's constantly driven massive numbers while also bringing consistently quality albums (I know that's subjective but I personally believe she deserves this kind of award also based on merit). That said, there are countless women out there who have done amazing things in the music industry this decade, and even though they won't all get an award like this, their work and talent does not go unrecognised.

sampool
9 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Lady Gaga? Or Katy? Or Ariana?

Let’s see. 
-Taylor released 5 #1 albums this decade, four of which have sold +1M copies first week.

-Scored 5 #1 singles.

-Won 10 Grammys, TWO of which were AOTY. 

-All her tours from this decade grossed over $100 Million. Her last one (Reputation Tour) is the highest grossing tour by a female artist EVER.  

-Her social media stats and YouTube views are over the roof through the decade.

-Stood up for various causes and actually made a difference, specially with the Apple Music case. 

None of those you listed comes close to what Taylor achieved this decade, and I’m not even a stan.

Taylucifer
9 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Love ha, but this was a choice :awkney:  

and who would you have chosen:enigma:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

PartySick

Sure she's popular but I wouldn't exactly call her a revolutionary or even remotely exciting.

One would think they'd give an award like this to an influential figure or icon. Someone who can say "yeah, I changed the game" not just "yeah...my numbers are large because my music is appealing to adults and toddlers alike..."

Gaga, Bey, Adele, even Katy deserves it more imo.

At the same time, I don't really care. So congrats to her for winning another popularity contest :applause:

Really didn't mean for this to come off as shady as it is, she's nice and all. Maybe if she pushed the boundaries a bit more or something it wouldn't be as annoying to see her win all the time. I mean, it took her how many years to even say one cuss word in a song? :toofunny: her music is literally just a product to sell, it's not art imo. I hope she changes my mind one day.

Until then, she can continue being America's sweetheart :golfclap:

🖤

PartySick
1 hour ago, ryhanna said:

Totally deserved. 

Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about Taylor or her music, to deny the fact that she's probably been the biggest, most consistent powerhouse in the music industry for the past decade would just be silly. 

She's constantly driven massive numbers while also bringing consistently quality albums (I know that's subjective but I personally believe she deserves this kind of award also based on merit). That said, there are countless women out there who have done amazing things in the music industry this decade, and even though they won't all get an award like this, their work and talent does not go unrecognised.

I think the problem is a lot of us don't think sales should earn awards.

🖤

crisTEAne
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I wouldn't exactly call her a revolutionary or even remotely exciting.

her music is literally just a product to sell, it's not art imo.

her continous fight for being the owner of her own songs is a revolutionary act that has the power to shift the existing music industry paradigm. also, as a kind of precursor of that, don't forget about her apple letter. 

she's literally her lyrics and melodies. that's her whole existence. that's as ARTPOP as it gets, imo.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived