Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Obama will stop Bernie from being a Dem nominee

Featured Posts

Kimmo

“A close adviser to Obama told Politico he could not confirm whether Obama would stand up against Sanders.

“He hasn’t said that directly to me,” the adviser said. “The only reason I'm hesitating at all is because, yeah, if Bernie were running away with it, I think maybe we would all have to say something. But I don't think that's likely. It's not happening.” 

Obama has stayed quiet throughout the campaign about which candidate he would support, but has offered to meet with any candidate in the primary and has given advice to those who meet with him, according to the news outlet.

A close adviser told Politico that “I can’t even imagine with this field how bad it would have to be for him to say something,” referring to Obama speaking out against a candidate.

But earlier this month, the former president warned the 2020 candidates of leaning too far left at a speaking engagement, saying “the average American doesn’t think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it.”

Politico also described the relationship between Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Obama as “famously complicated.” The former president reportedly said in a private conversation that if Democrats supported her when she was considering a 2016 run, it would serve as a rejection of his economic policies.”

Tragic!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 13

HorusRa2

The people who continue to praise Obama will never come to the reality that he is not a progressive president. He never was. He campaigned to be one but that is not how he governed. && It's fascinating that Obama had only positive things to say about Bernie back in 2006 but now that he's been president and corrupted by the oligarch's has nothing but disdain for Bernie and the people that support him. 

• Like 15
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 12

Buddy

It should also be noted that he criticized Buttigieg, Kamala, and Elizabeth as well.

He better sit the **** down before he obliterates his entire legacy, which already happens to be deteriorating without his egocentric mouth. 

Edited by Buddy
  • Like 13
  • LMAO 3
  • Love 1
  • Shook 2

JusKeepBreathin

So. What does this have to do with anything? 

That title is extremely misleading as well as the click bait article. 

So apparently an "I don't have an answer. We have not spoken about it", from an aid is a "yes, I will stop Bernie from becoming the nominee" from the former President. 

The reach is enormous here.

x factor what GIF

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 9
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

Nemo

Obama is the greatest president of the last 50 years, but also, he can shove it.

• Like 5
  • LMAO 11
  • Thanks 4

M Monstre

As much as I’m not willing to join an Obama hate bandwagon, I admit, seeing him say things like this is incredibly disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Buddy
4 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Obama is the greatest president of the last 50 years, but also, he can shove it.

Let me just leave this here, from the user Thuggin on ATRL:

"This notion that Obama wanted to achieve change but was blocked by Republicans in Congress his whole time in office is just false. He had a majority in the House and a supermajority in the Senate at one point. His main “progressive” proposal that he pushed for was the Affordable Care Act, which was basically Romneycare and was easily dismantled. We need a stronger weapon than that when coming to the negotiating table on healthcare so that we don’t shoot for some half-ass measure and come out with barely anything. He didn’t have to drone strike a dozen different countries with a 90 percent civilian death rate. He didn’t have to buddy up to Wall Street and fail to prosecute any big bankers after their role in the 2008 recession. He didn’t have to deport undocumented immigrants at the highest rates in US history. He didn’t have to break a campaign promise by voting for a bill that expanded government surveillance and granted immunity to telecommunications companies that helped Bush spy on civilians. He didn’t have to approve the largest military aid package to Israel in US history. Democrats think we need to meet Republicans in the middle to get things done but if anything that’s what happens in Congress, not on the campaign trail. Republicans continue to push us further and further right, so we should be pushing left."

• Like 7
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 18

HorusRa2
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

As much as I’m not willing to join an Obama hate bandwagon, I admit, seeing him say things like this is incredibly disappointing.

I don't know that it's really a "hate bandwagon" so much as he lied to the people that voted for him. IDK anything about you but what I can say from my own experience is that I was too young to vote for Obama in 08 but voted for him in 2012. I watched him throughout his entire campaign from start to finish and the vision that he said he wanted to help transform america was on, "Hope and Change." With 2 full terms, he gave us a republican healthcare system that was marveled by democrats and then hated by the republicans, got us into more foreign entanglements than we were in before he took office. He beat Hillary largely because of the way he hit her on her Iraq vote. He used flowery language that made us all fall in love with Obama as the candidate and he gave us a liberal republican presidency at best. 

The Democratic Party has been espousing universal healthcare since the 60's and we still have not achieved it in this country. An entire lifetime has almost come and pass, and the democratic party hasn't delivered to its constituents and Obama didn't take advantage of his super-majority in congress when he had the chance. That is his legacy. It's not that anyone hates him, but when people try to give him more credit than he deserves, it angers a lot of people who were inspired by his message and disappointed with how he governed. 

• Like 14

Lilmonzter
22 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

The people who continue to praise Obama will never come to the reality that he is not a progressive president. He never was. He campaigned to be one but that is not how he governed. && It's fascinating that Obama had only positive things to say about Bernie back in 2006 but now that he's been president and corrupted by the oligarch's has nothing but disdain for Bernie and the people that support him. 

How the tides have turned 

He's sold out!

We are here. We're Queer. Get used to it.
  • Like 1

Bloody hooker

This is actually confusing. What does that even mean?

I don’t won’t Bernie anyway. I’ll vote for him if he ends up running against Trump, but I’d prefer someone else. :lana:

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Brainiac

This is incredibly disappointing to read. My respect for Obama has really diminished in the past year. If they really try to stop Bernie from becoming the nominee if he gets the most votes in the primary, there’s going to be an uproar in this country like never before. And you can bet that Trump will win a second term for sure if that happens. 

• Like 6