Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Baby Kept On Vegan Diet Died. Vegan parents Arrested.

Featured Posts

RAMROD

The couple turned themselves in to authorities on Nov. 6, after the medical examiner's office released its autopsy findings: the cause of death was malnutrition and complications, including dehydration, microsteatosis of liver, and swollen hands, feet and lower legs.

The paramedics who responded to a 911 call later that day pronounced the boy dead at the Cape Coral, Florida, home; he weighed just 17 pounds when he died, according to police reports, significantly under the average weight for a child his age, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Sheila and Ryan O'Leary told investigators that the vegan family only eats fruit, vegetables and raw foods, such as mangoes, rambutans, bananas and avocados, according to the News-Press. The parents supplemented the toddler's diet with breast milk.

The child, who was home-birthed had never seen a doctor.

The parents of an 18-month-old boy who died in September from malnourishment have been arrested by Florida police on charges of manslaughter and child neglect. They were booked at the Lee County jail on charges of felony manslaughter and child neglect. Bond was set for both at $250,000, and an arraignment is scheduled for Dec. 9.

Source: https://m.sfgate.com/news/article/A-baby-kept-on-a-vegan-diet-died-His-parents-14855623.php

I can't with people sometimes. :saladga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ One ♥ Too ♥ Many ♥ Mornings ♥
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 5
  • Sad 62

goods

I've gone fully vegan recently and I'm certain that it's not vegan diet that killed this poor baby. Stop feeding into stigma!

• Like 29
  • LMAO 40
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 18

magicalgaga
2 minutes ago, goods said:

I've gone fully vegan recently and I'm certain that it's not vegan diet that killed this poor baby. Stop feeding into stigma!

Did you even read the post? :saladga: 

i was born this way, baby
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 11

xoxo Craig

Vegan diets are horrific, deadly and really unhealthy... poor child, hope the parents get locked away and stopped from breeding. :madge:

• Like 28
  • LMAO 12
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 11

RAMROD

I've gone fully vegan recently

recently

That explain the vigor in your reaction

giphy.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ One ♥ Too ♥ Many ♥ Mornings ♥
  • Like 19
  • LMAO 56
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 6

gagzus

It literally says in the article he was unweweight and was only fed breast milk, plus had never seen a doctor... ergo not because of a vegan diet 💀 but still poor child they deserve jail for mistreatment of their child

2012ga is my aesthetic
  • Like 26
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 16

goods
1 minute ago, gagzus said:

It literally says in the article he was unweweight and was only fed breast milk, plus had never seen a doctor... ergo not because of a vegan diet 💀 but still poor child they deserve jail for mistreatment of their child

This. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

LittleLocoCoco
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

It literally says in the article he was unweweight and was only fed breast milk

That's not what it says at all. 

"The parents supplemented the toddler's diet with breast milk."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 25

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Yes and if you aren't getting enough nutrients, especially when you are THAT young, you are gonna be underweight and develop serious health complications... which the Vegan diet does. The vegan diet really starves your body of the nutrients that it needs, and because of that you can develop a whole host of medical issues. 

• Like 8
  • LMAO 8
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 7

magicalgaga
7 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Reading comprehension? Ever heard of that? :selena:

i was born this way, baby
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 4

Seeka
11 minutes ago, gagzus said:

It even said in the OP the diet was supplemented by breast milk.

So a vegan diet could be at fault. Though not necessarily because of strict veganism. The couple never brought the child to a hospital so there could have been underlying complications a vegan diet would never have solved. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Candy Gaga

Kill your baby but not a chicken. Some people have concerning way of thinking

• Like 23
  • LMAO 3
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

GypsyBabe

Babies triple their weight in the first 12 months and need a lot of nutrients to do so. Most nutrients consumed go to brain development, so if you are not properly supplementing your baby, then things like this will happen. The issue is not necessarily the vegan diet, but the absolute LACK of nutritional understanding and consideration of the parents. Their lack of care resulted in medical problems and nutrient starvation and they deserve to be prosecuted. 

Do your research before you thrust adult diets on babies. 

⚯͛
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 24

goods

You can't sustain yourself on vegan diet eating only fruit. PeriodT. People need to realise this. This child was probably deprived of rice, potato, bread or any other diet staple.  I supplement omega 3 from algae oil pills and get b12 with a spray and vitamind D3 through drops. 

As for people here claiming Vegan diet is sIcK and KiLLinG, I wish you a lovely day in your bubble.

Edited by goods
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 10