Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Charli XCX is planning to put out AT LEAST one new Album in 2020!

BleepBloop

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sneaky said:

It's going to be 2017 all over again, with her releasing two mixtapes (albums):air:

There’s nothing wrong with her mixtapes though, they’re practically albums in their own sense :vegas:

iowa cyrus

Am I like the only person who always loved the sound of heavy autotune? I Just think with certain types of beats it just sounds really good when the voice is tuned. Like the Black Eyed Peas, Kesha, Kanye, Daft Punk. Charli can write catchy songs really fast, her music is definitely unique and new. I'm not even really a huge fan like the other charli stans but in my opinion she is very talented and makes fun music

BleepBloop
40 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

There’s nothing wrong with her mixtapes though, they’re practically albums in their own sense :vegas:

That was my point:vegas:

Suspiria
5 hours ago, LG6IsComing said:

Personally, I don't understand why everyone loves her so much. People praise Charli (the album) so much, and I just don't get it. It's far from musical innovation, and to me songs like 'Click' and 'Shake It' are awful - lyrically boring, melodically confusing, not really 'music' at all. Her live shows are atrocious - no live band and a horrible autotune setting on her mic. For me, her music lacks clarity, it's not human enough and I think she needs to perfect her craft a little more. And then she thinks she's the savior of pop? Okay. But, then again, that's just my opinion.

Different strokes for different folks.

However I don't know how you can say she's boring and not innovative, then say her music is confusing and not music. The fact some people think it's "not really music" is very much a sign that it is innovative. She (well mostly AG Cook I guess) is definitely pushing the boundaries of what pop music can be - and some people haven't caught up yet:oops:

This is definitely a taste thing, but the fact her music "lacks clarity" and is "not human enough" is what makes it so exciting. Her music is often a cacophony of layers upon layers of electronic sounds and grotesquely distorted vocals that together form incredibly rich and textured pieces of sound design.  I will admit that some songs like 2099 have really weak songs at their core (not that that really matters but  but actually most of her melodies and hooks are super solid - most critics seem to agree on this. She is able to take a traditional "good" pop song and develop it with her collaborators into something we've never heard before.

Her live shows don't have a band because her music doesn't feature guitars and drums. And the fact that you think a live show needs that to be good shows you are a bit old fashioned in your thinking... Her charisma and energy, and most importantly the songs themselves, are more than enough to carry the show.

When she does show her "human" side at her shows and on instagram etc, she is incredibly likeable and has a very distinct voice, but she understands that we've had "human" music for centuries... in order to innovate we need to move past that and take advantage of the infinite new sounds that technology can provide us with. Why should artists restrict themselves to the human voice and the same old 100 or so acoustic instruments that exist, when there are literally now infinite other options to explore and share with the world?

Sorry for the long post, I got carried away:selena:

Roboboy
10 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Different strokes for different folks.

However I don't know how you can say she's boring and not innovative, then say her music is confusing and not music. The fact some people think it's "not really music" is very much a sign that it is innovative. She (well mostly AG Cook I guess) is definitely pushing the boundaries of what pop music can be - and some people haven't caught up yet:oops:

This is definitely a taste thing, but the fact her music "lacks clarity" and is "not human enough" is what makes it so exciting. Her music is often a cacophony of layers upon layers of electronic sounds and grotesquely distorted vocals that together form incredibly rich and textured pieces of sound design.  I will admit that some songs like 2099 have really weak songs at their core (not that that really matters but  but actually most of her melodies and hooks are super solid - most critics seem to agree on this. She is able to take a traditional "good" pop song and develop it with her collaborators into something we've never heard before.

Her live shows don't have a band because her music doesn't feature guitars and drums. And the fact that you think a live show needs that to be good shows you are a bit old fashioned in your thinking... Her charisma and energy, and most importantly the songs themselves, are more than enough to carry the show.

When she does show her "human" side at her shows and on instagram etc, she is incredibly likeable and has a very distinct voice, but she understands that we've had "human" music for centuries... in order to innovate we need to move past that and take advantage of the infinite new sounds that technology can provide us with. Why should artists restrict themselves to the human voice and the same old 100 or so acoustic instruments that exist, when there are literally now infinite other options to explore and share with the world?

Sorry for the long post, I got carried away:selena:

Nahhh i'm not old fashioned. I'm all for innovation and electronic sounds. that's what i love the most. But i think most of her work is just weak, and she just seems more like she's going for a vibe that will get the gays twerking than really achieve musical potential. Not doubting her talent, i just don't get the hype. And what i meant is, if her whole show is backing track,  her mic is low and its autotuned, there's no dance, why is she even there? They might as well play her music from the speakers while she sits backstage and eats cheetos.

Archived