Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Black South Bend leader endorses Biden, rebukes Buttigieg

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

The longest-serving African American man on the South Bend, Ind., Common Council is endorsing Joe Biden for president, a rejection of Pete Buttigieg that highlights the South Bend mayor’s struggle with black voters.

Council Vice President Oliver Davis told POLITICO that while it’s nice to see someone representing Indiana in the Democratic presidential primary and bringing national attention to South Bend, Biden is more experienced.

“When you’re flying in the middle of a storm, you want to make sure you have steady, experienced leadership,” Davis said. “I believe that Vice President Biden has demonstrated throughout the years by having a steady hand, he can help lead us through these times, and with all of the challenges we face nationally and now even internationally, he has the relationships, has the skills, and I think he can bring us together in different ways.”

But Davis also scolded Buttigieg, saying the mayor’s woes attracting support from communities of color “is not a new problem for him.”

“For us, this has been a consistent issue that has not gone away,” Davis said.

Asked if Buttigieg could win a general election, given his current low levels of support from people of color in the Democratic presidential primary, Davis said: “I doubt it. I sincerely doubt it.”

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/22/black-south-bend-leader-endorses-biden-over-buttigieg-072885

• LMAO 1

melodichard

Kind of off topic, but my god have any of these people watched Biden’s debate performances? I mean, he absolutely flops every single one. Trump will destroy him if he is the nominee :toofunny:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Lilmonzter

He was flustered forgetful and all over the place in the debates and when he was challenged responded in such an awkward word salad. My god. I dont understand why these people are going with these endorsement. 

But atleast endorse someone viable. Anybody else.

We are here. We're Queer. Get used to it.
  • Like 5

pachinko
19 minutes ago, melodichard said:

Kind of off topic, but my god have any of these people watched Biden’s debate performances? I mean, he absolutely flops every single one. Trump will destroy him if he is the nominee :toofunny:

This!!!

Gagaloo92

Yikes. I'm all for him trashing Buttigieg he deserves it. But Biden? :awkney:

• Thanks 5

xoxo cupcakke

yikes at biden of all people but of all people even tulsi's a better choice than fleet's  brand of center-right white pandering

• Like 1

Bae

it's just as bad either way. 

Let's take you to Chanel cuz' you look like hell.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Timmers

There are like 22 Democrats who are still running campaigns, and of the 3 WORST options, Biden and Buttigieg are two of them. What is wrong with people?

• Thanks 3

MrG1087
51 minutes ago, melodichard said:

That’s if Biden even shows up.

• LMAO 1

SEANGT

i'm living in a nightmare someone wake me up lmao **** -- i mean BIDEN???????? WHYYYYDSFJSADFHSADLF

Edited by SEANGT

Whispering
19 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

i'm living in a nightmare someone wake me up lmao **** -- i mean BIDEN???????? WHYYYYDSFJSADFHSADLF

He explained why:

Council Vice President Oliver Davis told POLITICO that while it’s nice to see someone representing Indiana in the Democratic presidential primary and bringing national attention to South Bend, Biden is more experienced.

“When you’re flying in the middle of a storm, you want to make sure you have steady, experienced leadership,” Davis said. “I believe that Vice President Biden has demonstrated throughout the years by having a steady hand, he can help lead us through these times, and with all of the challenges we face nationally and now even internationally, he has the relationships, has the skills, and I think he can bring us together in different ways.”

Ziggy

I love that our collective dislike for the Biden candidacy has brought us together in shock and awe hahahaha 

• Like 3

SEANGT
On 11/22/2019 at 3:09 PM, Whispering said:

He explained why:

Council Vice President Oliver Davis told POLITICO that while it’s nice to see someone representing Indiana in the Democratic presidential primary and bringing national attention to South Bend, Biden is more experienced.

“When you’re flying in the middle of a storm, you want to make sure you have steady, experienced leadership,” Davis said. “I believe that Vice President Biden has demonstrated throughout the years by having a steady hand, he can help lead us through these times, and with all of the challenges we face nationally and now even internationally, he has the relationships, has the skills, and I think he can bring us together in different ways.”

I read it, I just think it's ridiculous