Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm ok with her nominations, give new artists their time to shine

River

Featured Posts

2019 was one of the best year for new artists, from Billie to Lizzo to Lil Nas X, they were everywhere and I'm really happy for them and for their fans! I've never seen a year that was so diverse musically - and not only, many nominees are among the POC, LGBTQ+ and people with disabilities communities!

And also artists like Lana and Tove Lo that were snubbed for many years finally gets the recognition they deserve.

It's their moment and their time to shine.

Gaga had her moments at the beginning of her career, we should give back and support the artists who are now in the position when Gaga just started.

I know it's disappointing and we all wanted AOTY, but I'm ok with that, the soundtrack got enough of recognition, enough awards and achievements, it broke many records and considered as one of the best soundtracks of all time, so it's ok to take a step back and let other artists have the opportunity to get this award.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

I was just realising that Halsey's biggest hit ever, and according to my friend, Without Me is the third biggest song by a female artist in a decade, was snubbed left and right.

I don't know how she reacted to it but I know it ain't good.

At least Gaga got nominated for three, including a Song of the Year nom for two years in a row. Who even gets a SOTY two times in a row?

Daylight Jokers

I'm fine with new artists being nominated. I'm just NOT fine with new artists being nominated for a body of work as bad as 7.

edengowon

Halsey, BTS, Taylor and Tove Lo deserved more :saladga:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Ryusei

I've come to terms with the nominations and have been ok with gaga's from the start but under no circumstance, under any politics, reasons for inclusion etc etc can you tell me that Lil Nas X deserved that AOTY nomination. ROTY, fine put him in SOTY ffs but AOTY for that EP? Hell no. There were so many better choices for that and that is the only one I will continue to be bitter about because it makes no sense 

Musery

edengowon
Just now, PhillipBagshaw said:

Definitely Tove Lo

If it were up to me, she'd have an AOTY nomination :triggered:

joannesrats
Just now, Autumn said:

If it were up to me, she'd have an AOTY nomination :triggered:

I think Taylor definitely deserved her nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album, but Tove Lo deserves the best

5 minutes ago, River said:

2019 was one of the best year for new artists, from Billie to Lizzo to Lil Nas X, they were everywhere and I'm really happy for them and for their fans! I've never seen a year that was so diverse musically - and not only, many nominees are among the POC, LGBTQ+ and people with disabilities communities!

And also artists like Lana and Tove Lo that were snubbed for many years finally gets the recognition they deserve.

It's their moment and their time to shine.

Gaga had her moments at the beginning of her career, we should give back and support the artists who are now in the position when Gaga just started.

I know it's disappointing and we all wanted AOTY, but I'm ok with that, the soundtrack got enough of recognition, enough awards and achievements, it broke many records and considered as one of the best soundtracks of all time, so it's ok to take a step back and let other artists have the opportunity to get this award.

Gaga is someone who would 111000% totally support this too, she's all about nurturing young talent, etc. What she had to say in the SXSW interview portrayed this ideology too.

edengowon

I'm happy with Gaga's nominations, everyone else's were a complete and utter mess

The Grammy's are a hopeless case by this point

Bradley

None of the songs from 7 (Lil Nas X) are even 3 minutes long. Some of them are 1 minute+

It's only 8 songs, and 2 of them are Old Town Road (one original one remix)

the whole album is 18 minutes long, and it received terrible reviews, has no commercial impact

and they call this Album of the Year material?

Gagaism

But baby, it’s ok to other shine. All we want is just to see Gaga shining at least once on a main category.:selena:

Archived