💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What if A star is born was Sound of music

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RenegAde

So i love ASIB, ever since the Barbara Streisand one .and i love  Gaga and Bradley's version  even more ,but i wish they did a remake of sound of music instead.

I know sound of music is more ambitious and critics will unnecessarily pick out flaws since its one of the most acclaimed movies of all times and is loved by all ,but i feel like gaga would have slayed sister Maria's role so hard .i mean she already  did a perfect rendition of the musical aspect at the oscars 2015. Imagine her playing maria! it would be perfect !!!! And i think Bradley could have executed  the stern character of captain Von trapp quite well too.

Imagine if they made all new music and some covers  like  ASIB ...can i stop dreaming now? What do y'all think?

RenegAde
Just now, Katherine said:

No, thanks. It would have been a snooze fest not even Gaga could save :huntyga:

Dis-A-Gree

8 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

So i love ASIB, ever since the Barbara Streisand one .and i love  Gaga and Bradley's version  even more ,but i wish they did a remake of sound of music instead.

I know sound of music is more ambitious and critics will unnecessarily pick out flaws since its one of the most acclaimed movies of all times and is loved by all ,but i feel like gaga would have slayed sister Maria's role so hard .i mean she already  did a perfect rendition of the musical aspect at the oscars 2015. Imagine her playing maria! it would be perfect !!!! And i think Bradley could have executed  the stern character of captain Von trapp quite well too.

Imagine if they made all new music and some covers  like  ASIB ...can i stop dreaming now? What do y'all think?

She definitely would have been AMAZING, but for such a monumental film with Julie Andrews as the original, big shoes to fill and kind of unnecessary. Gaga acted better than all the past ASIB girls in my honest opinion, her acting was way more natural, nuanced and believable than the pre-Streisand versions. Gaga had the chemistry that Streisand did not with the male counterpart too. ASIB was the right choice for Gaga tbh, Sound of Music could've been a mess

RenegAde
Just now, Katherine said:

It's okay to disagree, you're entitled to your wrong opinion :giggle:

And you are entitled to yours dear 

Katherine
1 minute ago, Rio said:

She definitely would have been AMAZING, but for such a monumental film with Julie Andrews as the original, big shoes to fill and kind of unnecessary. Gaga acted better than all the past ASIB girls in my honest opinion, her acting was way more natural, nuanced and believable than the pre-Streisand versions. Gaga had the chemistry that Streisand did not with the male counterpart too. ASIB was the right choice for Gaga tbh, Sound of Music could've been a mess

And while Gaga did okay on ASIB, she's still not a professional actress. And for such a role as her debut, she could have probably been murdered by the critics :nails: she played safe and it paid off, luckily.

Perhaps in the future... 

RenegAde
3 minutes ago, Rio said:

You said gaga would have done amazing .....You gave no reason why you think sound of music would have been a mess 

1 minute ago, RenegAde said:

You said gaga would have done amazing .....You gave no reason why you think sound of music would have been a mess 

I did hun, at the top.

RenegAde
5 minutes ago, Rio said:

I did hun, at the top.

Yeah ,but i stated thay too in my post and ASIB was way more unnecessary  ,i still feel like gaga and brad would have pulled it off

RudraCNG
32 minutes ago, Katherine said:

No, thanks. It would have been a snooze fest not even Gaga could save :huntyga:

The disrespect. The Sound of Music is one if not the best musical film of all time :triggered:

Archived