society

Chick-Fil-A to stop donating to anti-LGBT groups

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

Is that because they want to, or is it because of the backlash? :oprah:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

gagzus

I know this is clearly because we’re finally telling them no we won’t stand for this, and here thankfully we pushed for the first UK store to be closed down and won that battle. My guess is their CEO or something will still do it but not with his business money so.

Take a stand with your dollar as it were

2012ga is my aesthetic
  • Like 6

Andreu

if you quit doing something wrong, it does not undo what you did until then.

Edited by Andreu
soundcloud.com/andreusongs
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

PoshLife

Those were the two organizations I had my eye on regarding Chick-fil-A's philanthropy. If they truly stop donating to those organizations, I will be pleased. But that said, I agree with @Andreu - what will Chick-fil-A do to undo the harm it has caused by giving those organizations (and MUCH worse ones in the past) money to begin with?

I would love to see them partner with some LGBT-affirming organizations in the very near future.

Consider me a potential customer, in a very large city the brand has been trying to make more in-roads with recently. Do good by your communities and we'll do good by you.

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • YAAAS 1

Oshawott
7 minutes ago, Andreu said:

So by this logic whenever someone makes a mistake, it automatically means that they can't be redeemed? :air:

• Thanks 3

PoshLife
4 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

So by this logic whenever someone makes a mistake, it automatically means that they can't be redeemed? :air:

It means that sometimes saying "I won't do it anymore" isn't good enough. To truly atone requires action, not just word.

If you committed a murder and then said "oops, promise I won't kill anymore" that doesn't mean you don't have to go to jail.

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 1

RAMROD

Hunties prevails! :applause: So happy to hear! They better meant it!! :enigma:

The tru goodest chicken sammich, I stan! :tony:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ One ♥ Too ♥ Many ♥ Mornings ♥

Andreu
1 minute ago, Oshawott said:

well, you're right and probably I did not choose the appropriate word to express my thoughts in the clearest way possible.

But what I mean is that there are occasions in which saying "OK I see you don't like what I did and I'm gonna stop doing it" is not enough, in my opinion at least, and this is one of those cases for me. It's not like this is something new. The controversy of their donations to such organisations comes from a long time ago, and they did not care when the news started to spead. And I think if it was a genuine action and they really cared for the issue and not about the brand they would have stopped a long time ago.

soundcloud.com/andreusongs

Economy
6 hours ago, Andreu said:

Society is becoming so unforgiving with everything :madge:

everyone has some stains in their past that can be brought up

Economy
6 hours ago, PoshLife said:

It means that sometimes saying "I won't do it anymore" isn't good enough. To truly atone requires action, not just word.

If you committed a murder and then said "oops, promise I won't kill anymore" that doesn't mean you don't have to go to jail.

That is such an extreme example :deadbanana:

weed
1 minute ago, Economy said:

That is such an extreme example :deadbanana:

If someone constantly steals from you, and you confront them and they say "ok I'll stop," doesn't mean you're going to be like "ok hooray ily." Less extreme example just for you :hor:

weed

If anything this could stop homophobic people from going to Chikfila now/"we won't support you anymore!!!!" :vegas: a little progress but it's progress

Ladey Gaygay

Y'all gays still fighting over a chicken sandwhich-

At least my twink ass can get their food without guilt instead of ignoring it:gaysia:

𝖎 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖌𝖚𝖞𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖋𝖚𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖚𝖌𝖘