Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

FedEx cuts tax bill to $0 from $1.5B thanks to Trump

Featured Posts

Awakened M

FedEx is GARBAGE anyway! The company I currently work for has them as its carrier, and there have been constant issues with tracking and delivery.

Edited by Awakened M
Grammar
  • Like 1

Economy
2 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Cancelled. 

We stan UPS now. 

1 hour ago, MrG1087 said:

I’ll stick with UPS.

I doubt UPS is any different. Whatever tax bills their current circumstances allowe to cut im sure they did just like any other company would do tbh

1 hour ago, Awakened M said:

FedEx is GARBAGE anyway! The company I currently work for has them as its carrier, and there have been constant issues with tracking and delivery.

Fedex is the first company (this is her 6th job) my wife has worked for that treats their employees really well, gives great benefits, a fair wage etc etc etc

say what u want but i will stan them :legend:

Edited by Economy
  • Sad 1

MrG1087
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Fedex is the first company (this is her 6th job) my wife has worked for that treats their employees really well, gives great benefits, a fair wage etc etc etc

There’s no FedEx stores close to where I live—well like 25 minutes away but UPS is closer so that’s why I’ll stick with them. 

And at the end of the day, if wifey is treated well and taken care of as an employee that’s a good thing.

• Like 1

Economy
9 minutes ago, MrG1087 said:

There’s no FedEx stores close to where I live—well like 25 minutes away but UPS is closer so that’s why I’ll stick with them. 

And at the end of the day, if wifey is treated well and taken care of as an employee that’s a good thing.

They are actually really good. Besides above average industry wages, they give their priorities to their employees to move up (internal hiring) before doing external hiring

Fedex also gives lots of payed sick days too and they have sinority benefits if you stay with the company. Their health benefits package is quite good

Yeah ppl hate the idea of 0 payed taxes but blame Trump for that not Fedex... a company will take advantage of legal tax practices that benefits itself obviously, they didnt break the law

Any Corporation will cut their taxes if they can so no one should be getting singled out :shrug:

so blame Trump for overdoing the tax cuts tbh not the companies

Edited by Economy

MrG1087
18 minutes ago, Economy said:

They are actually really good. Besides above average industry wages, they give their priorities to their employees to move up (internal hiring) before doing external hiring

Fedex also gives lots of payed sick days too and they have sinority benefits if you stay with the company. Their health benefits package is quite good

Yeah ppl hate the idea of 0 payed taxes but blame Trump for that not Fedex... a company will take advantage of legal tax practices that benefits itself obviously, they didnt break the law

Any Corporation will cut their taxes if they can so no one should be getting singled out :shrug:

so blame Trump for overdoing the tax cuts tbh not the companies

Oh I blame Trump for a lot of things. He’s authorizing it and you’re absolutely right. Companies will take advantage of these opportunities; Trump just made it easier for them to capitalize from it.

• Like 1

Awakened M
40 minutes ago, Economy said:

I doubt UPS is any different. Whatever tax bills their current circumstances allowe to cut im sure they did just like any other company would do tbh

This has nothing do how with their employees are being treated. It has to do with the way the carrier is handling their deliveries and the systems and protocols about missing packages.

• Thanks 1

Morphine Prince

@Economy It was a joke lol I’m sure UPS is the same. 

HOWEVER, FedEx did LOBBY for it, so they didn’t just take advantage, they actively pursued these tax cuts. They aren’t innocent. 

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Thanks 1

Economy
13 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

@Economy It was a joke lol I’m sure UPS is the same. 

HOWEVER, FedEx did LOBBY for it, so they didn’t just take advantage, they actively pursued these tax cuts. They aren’t innocent. 

True very true

But Trump did give greater tax cuts than what he lobbied for

TBH i think there was legit concern before. The US had one of the highest Corporate tax rates in the developed world and it was uncompetitive 

Burger King even admited that part of their motivating factor to merge with Tim Hortons and have headquarters here in Canada was partially due to high US CorporateTaxes

But Trump didnt lower it a little to make it more competitive. He brought it down some 14 percentage points in addition to changes to tax structure that allowed for more write off and exemptions which made the true effective drop greater than 14%

So i would argue Corporations seeking tax cuts to compete internationally with other Nations wasnt bad... But Trump went the extra mile and cut them way more than necessary 

once u cut business taxes below the threshold that makes the competitive, theres little benefit to cut them any lower, your mostly just loosing revenue. Trump didn’t understand that and hence it did not achieve the level if results he was hoping for

the uncertainty he created with tarrif and trade wars makes it hard to gage the true impact the tax cuts since regardless if tax rates the tendency would be caution among busineses

But i can garantee u had we not had these uncertainties we still wouldn’t have had as much growth as he expected with the tax cuts becayse he was not factoring in deminished impact of tax cuts after a certain threshold and the economy approaching full capacity :shrug:

In short i think there was room for Corporate tax cuts, Trump simply went too far...

That doesnt mean i dont support higher taxes on rich. But its more effective to go after rich individuals themselves with things like higher capital gains taxes...

Corporations are a horrible way to try to target wealthy for countless reasons due to overlapping effects and connection to less wealthy. I think u have to target the actual rich people not the companies