Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Cenk Uygur to run for CA-25 district vacated by Katie Hill

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

OAKLAND — Progressive journalist Cenk Uygur is seeking the California House seat vacated by former Rep. Katie Hill, raising the prospects of an intra-Democrat clash as the party seeks to preserve its 2018 California gains.

As founder and host of the Young Turks news program, Uygur has built a reputation and following as a prominent liberal media figure — and he burnished his bona fides immediately by rolling out an endorsement from Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), a rising progressive star who said "Congress needs bold progressives" like Uygur.

Uygur struck an anti-establishment tone in declaring his campaign, saying in a statement that he is running as an alternative to elected officials who have been corrupted by “bribes from corporate interests and lobbyists.”

“We have ridiculously low wages and a horrible health care system because politicians took money from those industries to sell you out. It's time people had a Representative who actually represented them rather than the greedy, corrupt donor class,” Uygur said.

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2019/11/14/progressive-uygur-seeks-hill-seat-blurs-picture-for-democrats-1226847

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 3
  • Shook 2

Lion Heart

Edited by Lion Heart
  • Love 2

Postboy

Cenk and TYT have played a crucial role in creating the current progressive movement in the U.S., so I’m totally for this. If it weren’t for independent media like them, I think Bernie and AOC would not be where they are right now. 

I’ve always wondered why the progressive left youtubers never directly got into politics, but I guess it truly is a different animal from just commentating. I have no doubt that Cenk would be up to the task, though. He clearly understands what the fight is. 

Edited by Postboy
  • Like 4

Marilyn MonHoe

Progressive Democrats need to take control of the party from the corrupt corporate Democrats in power. Maybe then America will work for everyone instead of just the rich and powerful.

• Like 4
  • LMAO 1

geishababe

He always kind of reminds of me papa g and i low key think he’s hot :bradley:

• LMAO 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1

Gagaloo92

This is so awesome! We need a guy like him. He won't be another standard politician who will just do what he's told and not fight for us. 

Excited to see how this goes! 

• Like 2

Stephen
4 hours ago, geishababe said:

He always kind of reminds of me papa g and i low key think he’s hot :bradley:

:lmao: