💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Ryan Murphy discusses AHS' future and original cast reunion for season 10

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

So is season 10 set in space? Or you’re keeping mum?

I’m keeping mum. It would be hard because it’s called American Horror Story and you’d have to stay within the legal soil limits in order to make that work. We’re working on an idea for season 10 that I think people will love because it’s about reuniting fan-favorite actors to come back — because it might be our last season. It’s the last season we have contracted. So, I’ve been quietly reaching out to various people. Some people I haven’t reached out to yet because I was like ‘Do I have a role for them?’ So far, everybody I reached out to said ‘Yes’, so that’s been great.

So, Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters — will they be back?

Too soon to tell, but I’ll just sort of say, the people who helped build this show into what it is, who believed in it from the beginning, have been contacted and are interested. So if you look at the iconography of the first three seasons, you can figure who I’ve gone to and who might be coming back. I’m always surprised, it’s such a hard show to do. Season 9 has been really interesting. It’s the season that has gotten the best reviews. Going into its 10th season, it’s never been more popular. If you look at the worldwide numbers between the FX airing and the live+35 day airing, and you add up the streaming, every year, it grows, and grows and grows and this year that cumulative add has been our most popular season and our most critically hailed. So, it’s always a show that surprises me. I’m surprised that the actors who are in it, love doing it. It’s so hard to make. This season was very hard because it had so many night shoots. But everyone wants to come back and the fans out pour their love for it. It’s No. 1 on Twitter. I’m excited about season 10 like I was excited about this year. I worked really hard on it. It was deeply embedded in my childhood and in Brad’s.

So given how popular AHS is on Netflix, and new fans are finding it, is there a chance it’s going to be exclusive to Hulu or will they share it both?

It does incredibly well on Netflix, which I love and I have a lot of my shows on Netflix that aired on FX. I reap the benefits of both. Look John Landgraf has always been incredibly honorable about American Horror Story and he would obviously like to keep it going, and I’d like to keep it going. We’re in the middle of negotiations about beyond season 10. We have had conversations about the show going 20 seasons. If John for some reason said, ‘We don’t want to make this anymore’, would I call up Netflix? Yes. But he’s only ever expressed love and enthusiasm and he wants to keep it going. We’re both very proud of it. It’s FX’s most highly rated show in the history of the network, it’s had 96 Emmy nominations. I hope, knock wood, will get past 100. It’s one of the most awarded and lauded shows of that network. I have every good intention of it staying there and I think he does too. We’re talking about it. We’re trying to figure it out.

More here :

https://deadline.com/2019/11/american-horror-story-season-10-spoilers-ryan-murphy-ahs-1984-interview-season-finale-ratched-hollywood-streaming-dates-1202785704/

SHALLOW

He should get Jessica to come back by telling her the 10th is the last season and then order other 10 seasons :vegas:

monketsharona
7 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

He should get Jessica to come back by telling her the 10th is the last season and then order other 10 seasons :vegas:

The fact that he said everyone he asked to return is interested makes me feel quite positive about Jessica Lange being back next season. 

There's no way he hasn't asked her about returning. He already said she's one of those actors who have an early invitation when he's planning new seasons. 

I'd say Lily Rabe and Dylan McDermott are on lock too. 

Customzanotti

I remember jessica saying she'd never return to the show again  :green:

Pompom hole n streets w/ ma heels

imnotyourbabe10

I swear if AHS never does a desert season; a water/coastal setting; or a mountain/Rockies theme, I'm gonna burn the sh!t down lol  (I really wanted that mysterious Season 6 trailer with Perfect Illusion to be a hint at all the future seasons :messga:)

giphy.gif

Gagaloo911

Like whatever happened to the crossover of Coven and Murder House or whatever the second one was? I literally thought that's what Season 8 was supposed to be  and was soo disappointed with it I stopped watching that season after the second episode. 

huttont
2 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Like whatever happened to the crossover of Coven and Murder House or whatever the second one was? I literally thought that's what Season 8 was supposed to be  and was soo disappointed with it I stopped watching that season after the second episode. 

Season 8 wasn’t exclusively a Coven/Murder House cross but it did crossover. You should give it another try

VOLANTIS
57 minutes ago, Customzanotti said:

But then she did for Apocalypse. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

monketsharona
1 hour ago, Customzanotti said:

Jessica Lange is bipolar when it comes to take roles. 

She firmly said she would never ever return to AHS after she left and she accepted to make two episodes of Apocalypse. And she got a Emmy nomination.

I think Jessica could return if she may win something from this.  If Ryan gives her a main and deep role that is designed for her. With some old cast memebers back (like Sarah, Frances and Kathy). She'll return, be sure of this. She loves working with Ryan and the team. 

Gagz4Gaga

What are the chances that Gaga might make a cameo holding Matt Bomer’s severed jaw or something :v:

nostalgia’s for geeks

Gagaloo911
27 minutes ago, huttont said:

Season 8 wasn’t exclusively a Coven/Murder House cross but it did crossover. You should give it another try

Ooh I see. I'll definitely give it another try then thanks! 

yes and

I hope the 10th season will be the last one. :coffee:
Every story needs to end, so it's the perfect time for that. 
Anyway if it ends, they will definitely make another similar mystic show and it's gonna be the right decision, because people want new and fresh blood. So let's wait and see :enigma:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

monketsharona
1 hour ago, dancewithnobody said:

I hope the 10th season will be the last one. :coffee:
Every story needs to end, so it's the perfect time for that. 
Anyway if it ends, they will definitely make another similar mystic show and it's gonna be the right decision, because people want new and fresh blood. So let's wait and see :enigma:

I feel like 1984 was that new and fresh season the show needed tbh. Judging by press reviews, the effort was seen and appreciated.

sillynate
3 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

The witches return at the end of episode three and from that point on it becomes Coven 2 moreso than a crossover imo

I really don’t think Jessica is coming back like ever which is sad because I’d love to see her again :giveup: but I’m sure we’ll see Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, Dylan McDermott, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Billie Lourd, Leslie Grossman, and Cody Fern

Archived