💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

“Cats” could miss multiple award deadlines

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

C91-F4-CDF-D45-D-4454-ABB6-4-A2-EF62686-

This year’s late-breaking movie is “Cats,” and at this writing it appears that the film will blow multiple awards deadlines. Members of the New York Film Critics have been told by the studio that it shouldn’t expect to see the film before mid-December, after the group votes December 4 — and leaving little lead time before opening December 20. However, the final Globes screening is also December 4. National Board of Review announces its winners December 3. SAG nominations close December 8, and the list goes on.

Even if the film is finished in time for SAG, breaking late can hurt the chances for the starry “Cats” ensemble, which includes Jennifer Hudson, Judi Dench, Ian McKellen, Taylor Swift, and Idris Elba. On the other hand, given the right support in other quarters, a strong entry can usually catch up where the later-voting Oscars are concerned.

But of all the years to be tardy, this is not a good one: The Oscar timetable is moved up, earlier than they’ve ever been, with nominations due January 7 (inspiring the Academy to make online screeners available for everyone) and the telecast held on February 9.

On the other hand, “Cats” may be a strictly commercial play with no need of an awards boost. In which case, an onslaught of ads should pull moviegoers into multiplexes.

full story: https://www.indiewire.com/2019/11/cats-miss-awards-deadlines-holiday-release-oscars-1202188369/#respond

It's not like it was going to win any Oscar based on that trailer that is still haunting my nights

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

probably wasn't going to get many oscars apart from music or vfx honestly... i hope they took the public's response to heart and tried fixing what they can

ALGAYDO

They should’ve pulled a Sonic The Hedgehog Movie and re-did all the CGI to make the characters look better. But they didn’t. So, ItsWhatSheDeserves.gif 

1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

They should’ve pulled a Sonic The Hedgehog Movie and re-did all the CGI to make the characters look better. But they didn’t. So, ItsWhatSheDeserves.gif 

Well, to be fair, Sonic has one CGI character and Cats has dozens, it would take them years and lot of money to start it from scratch again, so it is what it is or it is cancelled lol

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

ALGAYDO
3 minutes ago, Red said:

Well, to be fair, Sonic has one CGI character and Cats has dozens, it would take them years and lot of money to start it from scratch again, so it is what it is or it is cancelled lol

So they just have to bite the bullet? Lol I feel so bad for everyone involved in that project :selena:

PunkTheFunk
5 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

#NeverForget

After that horrid trailer I don't think I ever will

tenor.gif?itemid=9327737

Archived