Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Ousted McDonalds CEO gets $42 MILLION package

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) criticized the reported $42 million exit package for McDonald's CEO Steve Easterbrook, who was fired over the weekend for having a relationship with an employee. 

"McDonald’s former CEO violated company policy and was awarded almost $42 million," the freshman lawmaker tweeted. "Meanwhile, there are hardworking McDonald’s employees who deal with low wages and retaliation for reporting sexual assault."

"We must and will demand better for the working class," she added. 

A spokesperson for McDonald's declined to comment on Omar's tweet. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/469522-omar-decries-mcdonalds-ceos-42-million-exit-package

• Sad 2

weed

I don't necessarily think his severance is bad, but the contrast to how normal/non-wealthy people are treated is disgusting. Rich people get away with legit whatever they want, my sister dated a rich guy who purposefully parked wherever he wanted/"no parking here" bc he could just pay off the ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

derpmonster
7 minutes ago, Dancin said:

That's infuriating, eat the rich 

We stan a rich bitch... :awkney:

I'm a progressive but like it's not $1B. It's $42M. Capitalist companies are there to make the top level execs rich, we been knew, what's new or shocking about this figure?

They should treat the average employee better but we're not gonna get anywhere by holding this against that ex CEO who was gonna be rich anyway. We should talk about how the average employee at McD's should get a severance, that if they can pay him this much, they can pay them.

Edited by derpmonster
Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

my sister dated a rich guy who purposefully parked wherever he wanted/"no parking here" bc he could just pay off the ticket.

Wow, I feel like this is why the penalty should be more than a fine for repeated offenses especially. I'm against jailing people most of the time but if it's your 5th time violating a parking law, like...

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • Like 1

Dancin
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

We stan a rich bitch... :awkney:

I'm a progressive but like it's not $1B. It's $42M. Capitalist companies are there to make the top level execs rich, we been knew, what's new or shocking about this figure?

And we gon eat her too omg:enigma:

hmmm
  • LMAO 4

weed
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Wow, I feel like this is why the penalty should be more than a fine for repeated offenses especially. I'm against jailing people most of the time but if it's your 5th time violating a parking law, like...

I agree, like.. it's one thing to not see a sign, go over the time limit, etc. but like knowingly parking in illegal spots, many times, you need more consequences.. $200 isn't cutting it when they buy $200 bottles of wine

• Like 1

derpmonster
Just now, Dancin said:

I mean... :stalkga:

But seriously, no, we're not eating her, she's still got some albums in her. :interestinga:

Spoiler

Kidding! She's worth much more than her music. But yeah, I dislike "guillotine the rich" rhetoric because Gaga is... rich to say the least. Yes she does philanthropy but she could do more. I'm glad she's not a billionaire and I hope she never gets there and just keeps giving because that's just an undefensible amount of money to hoard.

Before GGD attacks me, let me remind y'all. A billion is not just a bit more than a million. 1 million seconds is about 11 days. 1 billion seconds is 36 years. :enigma:

• Like 1

Lion Heart

I love this comment: 

What I don't get is why the GOP, the people of the working class, have such a stigma about the working class? Who think people deserve to be poor and hungry despite working two or more jobs. Who have to work 90+ hours to pay the child care bills, rent, healthcare, basic necessities, while their CEOs rely on them to keep the business open make more in one hour than they make in a century.

No lib has it against CEOs or people making money, what libs care about is people paying their fair share - i.e. people should not go hungry, or work ridiculous hours, just to survive. It's not allowing a handful of people to hoard the wealth of this country off the backs of hard working Americans. If you can't see that politics and businesses have been purposefully working against average Americans for decades to grow their wealth while creating a narrative so we fight among ourselves, then move aside for people who want to better your life.

• Like 1

PartySick
9 minutes ago, Dancin said:

We have to wait a week or two so the Chinese broccoli leaves her system :enigma:

OT: Can he share? :huntyga: I'll eat one of those disgusting excuses for a breakfast biscuit if I can get a few grand for Enigma tickets :huntyga:

🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏

River

One of the problem is that people are still going to eat there, so they are contributing to this problem.. they are a small cog in this big McMachine..

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)