Stefani Tee
politics

Sanders Outpaces Other 2020 Dems in Latino Fundraising Support

Featured Posts

Marilyn MonHoe

Bernie Sanders is racking up more donations from Latinos than any other Democratic presidential candidate.

An independent analysis provided to POLITICO shows the Vermont senator is out front in online contributions to his campaign from Latinos — a voting bloc that will be key in critical early nominating states such as Nevada and California.

Between January and July, Sanders brought in an estimated $4.7 million from Latinos through the online fundraising platform ActBlue, an amount that makes up 16 percent of his overall fundraising during that period on the site, according to an analysis of Federal Election Commission data using census data on Latino surnames appearing 100 times or more.

The report, conducted by Juan Proaño and Plus Three, analyzed 4.7 million contributions totaling $131.2 million during the first two quarters of the year. Proaño and Plus Three, a Latino-owned technology and fundraising firm that consults nonprofits and political organizations, produced the analysis independently of any presidential campaign.

Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke, who dropped out of the race last week, came in second among contributions from Latinos. He was followed by Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., in third at an estimated $1.3 million and Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts in fourth at an estimated $1.1 million. Former Vice President Joe Biden came in seventh at $800,000 raised from Latinos, but he did so in roughly half the time of his Democratic rivals as he entered the race in late April.

Sen. Kamala Harris of California and Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro brought in the fifth and sixth most contributions from Latinos, respectively. But the estimated fundraising totals determined Sanders, Warren and Castro show the greatest ability to grow their donation numbers from Latinos.

The report coincides with favorable polling for Sanders among Latino voters and appears to back up his campaign’s plan to aggressively court the Hispanic community.

A Univision survey released in September showed Sanders and Biden statistically tied with 20 percent and 22 percent, respectively, among Latino primary voters.

A poll of Nevada, the third nominating state, released Monday found Biden in first place among Hispanics with 34 percent and Sanders in second with 25 percent. Warren is third with 12 percent.

Sanders is also viewed more favorably in Nevada by likely Democratic caucusgoers who are Hispanic (83 percent favorable, 10 percent unfavorable) and non-white (77-16) than those who are white (68-31), according to the survey.

An analysis by the Sanders campaign shared with POLITICO in early September found similar results to those from Proaño and Plus Three: The candidate’s team said at the time that he had received more than 170,000 contributions from 68,000-plus individual donors in the 100 U.S. counties with the largest percentage of Latino residents, according to ActBlue data.

That was nearly three times as many contributions as Castro and O’Rourke brought in combined from those counties, many of which are in their home state of Texas, Sanders’ campaign said.

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/05/bernie-sanders-latino-2020-vote-065820

• YAAAS 6
  • Love 5

Marilyn MonHoe

This is great news! Bernie also had the largest rally of any Democratic candidate in New York, is the only one to have over a million individual donors with 3.3 million individual donations, has more contributions from Obama-Trump counties than any other candidate, and now has more Latino contributions than everyone else.

We love to see Bernie haters fuming :vegas:

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

PartySick

Great :flutter:

When I saw Pete surging I was a little worried Bernie would get knocked down further but I guess Pete's just stealing from Joe :laughga:

Bernie and Liz are the best choices, let's not f*ck it up :ally:

🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1

Morphine Prince

But I was told Bernie’s supporters were only sexist white men in the Northeast? How can this be? 

:giggle:

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

TheQueenLG

Bernie & Warren need to stop playing nice with Biden & Buttigieg at the debates. I'm ready for the progressives to call the moderates on their BS. 

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Marilyn MonHoe
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

But I was told Bernie’s supporters were only sexist white men in the Northeast? How can this be? 

:giggle:

Imagine saying that by using data from 2016

Tragic :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1

Marilyn MonHoe
24 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Great :flutter:

When I saw Pete surging I was a little worried Bernie would get knocked down further but I guess Pete's just stealing from Joe :laughga:

Bernie and Liz are the best choices, let's not f*ck it up :ally:

As someone that used to be a #NeverBernie person, what made you change your mind about him?

Marilyn MonHoe
1 minute ago, TheQueenLG said:

Bernie & Warren need to stop playing nice with Biden & Buttigieg at the debates. I'm ready for the progressives to call the moderates on their BS. 

Agreed :vegas:

Also I was thinking of tagging you since you’re a tepid Bernie supporter but I figured you were gonna see this thread anyways :vegas:

• YAAAS 1

Ziggy

Regardless of who you support, you can't deny that this is a really interesting primary season. This coming on the heels of Warren getting support from Presley and that group of black women? It's nice to see that there's real political discourse going on and people aren't just jumping to a candidate because "that's what everyone is doing" a bit like 2015/16.

PartySick
1 hour ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

As someone that used to be a #NeverBernie person, what made you change your mind about him?

I was never a #NeverBernie, just wary about him :poot:

I prefered (and still prefer) Warren over him but he's been my second choice since Harris put out her policies :laughga:

🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏

AndyDWUW
29 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I prefered (and still prefer) Warren over him but he's been my second choice since Harris put out her policies :laughga:

Why do you prefer Warren? 🤔 genuinely interested (not trying to be offensive), but I have some lengthy receipts and reasons she is not a good choice (when it comes to Bernie vs Warren). See below:

Not warren

flip flops on medicare for all. Called it a framework. She will keep Private insurance in mental health, is mental health not important enough to avoid companies profitting off of it? Her daughter’s company merged with a big private insurance company, so she has a personal stake in keeping private insurances alive. (Her bill does not state single payer, it requires immigration reform and taxing billionaires which is impossible, both of which are super hars to pass. Her bill has a HUGE LOOPHOLE, companies  will be motivated employers to hire independent contractors and to stay below 50 employees (they won’t be required to provide medicare to their employees in those circumstances, that is how Americans will pay the cost for this)

Israel - signed a letter to obama to veto any UN resolution that condemned israel’s illegal settlement enterprise. She defended israel when they bombed gaza

Voted in favor of trump’s military budget twice. Nearly $1 trillion for military, to bomb middle east, kill people

No plan to deal with medical debt

A lot of her policies like student debt (which she wont cancel entirely) are Means-tested for a lot of her policies which is not good bc its not fair, this creates envy and bureaucracy w all diff numbers. It will be considered “wellfare” and be stigmatized and be striken down.

Did not endorse bernie in 2016, who she aligns to most. Instead she stayed on the sidelines and did not have the courage to stand up to the establishment elites (Hillary), this shows she doesn’t do what’s right - but rather what’s politically SAFE.

Was a Republican, identified as a native american! Lied for years to advance her career! This is extremely problematic. She took jobs meant for NATIVE AMERICANS with affirmative action employers.

No solidarity with dakota access pipeline (bernie actively protested with them). Only when it was too late and  taken over with defeat did she speak up (too little too late and fake)

No banning lobbying, just taxing wtf. Lobbying is literally legal bribery. She took lobbyists money literally LAST YEAR for her senate campaign and transferred $10million in corrupt money from her senate race and transferred it to her presidential race. I call that HYPOCRISY.

Denounced big money now but literally taking it in the general election and also using $10 million  from senate campaign to presidential campaign (deceitful). She will take millionaires’ money and do their bidding and be just like Obama.

Raised money for raytheon (military industrial complex). She’s the typical pro-war democrat, not progressive at all when it comes to foreign policy. She will keep american imperialism alive.

Actively courting the manipultive DNC elites, when she’s supposedly a “big structural change” candidate, she is kissing up to the status-quo players 

Talking w Hillary Clinton behind closed doors. The mother of the DNC, wall street lover, status-quo lover. 

Opportunistic (unlike bernie who he fought for the same ideas for 40 yrs), she only takes up policies once they are politically safe - not when its just simply the right thing to do.

Media loves her bc she is no threat to their establishment and power.

Will not support primary challengers to democrat colleagues- shes a team player (this is extremely disappointing and worrisome, if she won’t challenge or fight within her own party especially those against mexicare for all or anything, the most important laws will not be passed). Bernie openly expressed he would hold rallies at democratic elites’ home states to pressure them to support his bill (Medicare for All, Green New Deal, etc). That is the only way we grt change, by pressuring these bad democrats with social pressure from their constituents, and the other thing Bernie would do is support their democratic challengers in their election cycle.

Half the country is living pay check to pay check and under her drug pricing Americans will be required to pay $6,000 a year for drugs, while Bernie’s cap is only $200 a year.

Lied about why she left public school teaching (visibly pregnant vs the fact that she didnt have the proper credentials for a permanent position)

Less individual donors (bernie has more donors in counties that went from obama to trump)

Warren will not:

end at will employmentNot diverse (rich white elite)

Have a Plan to double union membership (which would aid wage disparities) 

ban on fracking

Tax the wealthy enough (just 3%)

Warren Used every trick of the book to minimize payments to women who were getting money for breast implants that were faulty and caused autoimmune diseases. Warren sold women out for big corporations. Dow corning https://www.washingtonpost.com

Like HRC, Warren was a Republican turned Democrat.

Like HRC, Warren calls herself progressive while supporting Republican military budgets.  

Like HRC, Warren lies about her personal experiences to appear like a victim.

Seems that in the 90s "Progressive" Liz Warren helped a mining company fight in SCOTUS against a congressional requirement that it pay millions of dollars into a fund for its retired coal miners’ health care.

Since Bill Clinton's presidency, the interests of the managerial class have dominated within the Democratic Party. That's why welfare was ended, NAFTA was passed and unions were allowed to die on the vine. That's why, as Karp points out, the supposed "party of the people" now represents 20 of the wealthiest counties in the country. Sanders alone represents a break from that direction of the Democratic Party, which combines the economic interests of the professional class with enough "woke" virtue-signaling to keep working-class, minority voters from drifting away. It's the kind of politics that allows Warren to make her gender pronouns clear but not her health care plan. 

Warren's coalition points to a doubling down of the professional-class coalition within the Democratic Party. That means more sidelining of the working class, more embracing the tastes and priorities of wealthy liberals, more of the white, working-class finding a home in the racist populism of the right. 

This is just what is required to challenge the power of the ultrarich: a politics that does not treat lower-income voters as a kind of passive supplement for professional liberals, but one that can put the new working class itself at the center of the action.

A choice to center the working class

True leadership isn't picking the winning side just before the election, the way that Warren did when she decided to endorse Hillary Clinton in June 2016

True leadership isnt picking whats politically savvy or favorable

Warren focuses on regulation- hoping that a few good people will do well in a system that has always failed but the whole system is corrupt it needs to be torn down

Edited by AndyDWUW
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

Marilyn MonHoe
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I mean earlier this year you called Bernie the "Trump of the Left" and then said "#Never Bernie crowd where y'all at?" That sounds a little more than wary :laughga:

But anyways I'm happy that your position has changed :party:

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Marilyn MonHoe
52 minutes ago, AndyDWUW said:

Why do you prefer Warren? 🤔 genuinely interested (not trying to be offensive), but I have some lengthy receipts and reasons she is not a good choice (when it comes to Bernie vs Warren). See below:

Not warren

flip flops on medicare for all. Called it a framework. She will keep Private insurance in mental health, is mental health not important enough to avoid companies profitting off of it? Her daughter’s company merged with a big private insurance company, so she has a personal stake in keeping private insurances alive. (Her bill does not state single payer, it requires immigration reform and taxing billionaires which is impossible, both of which are super hars to pass. Her bill has a HUGE LOOPHOLE, companies  will be motivated employers to hire independent contractors and to stay below 50 employees (they won’t be required to provide medicare to their employees in those circumstances, that is how Americans will pay the cost for this)

Israel - signed a letter to obama to veto any UN resolution that condemned israel’s illegal settlement enterprise. She defended israel when they bombed gaza

Voted in favor of trump’s military budget twice. Nearly $1 trillion for military, to bomb middle east, kill people

No plan to deal with medical debt

A lot of her policies like student debt (which she wont cancel entirely) are Means-tested for a lot of her policies which is not good bc its not fair, this creates envy and bureaucracy w all diff numbers. It will be considered “wellfare” and be stigmatized and be striken down.

Did not endorse bernie in 2016, who she aligns to most. Instead she stayed on the sidelines and did not have the courage to stand up to the establishment elites (Hillary), this shows she doesn’t do what’s right - but rather what’s politically SAFE.

Was a Republican, identified as a native american! Lied for years to advance her career! This is extremely problematic. She took jobs meant for NATIVE AMERICANS with affirmative action employers.

No solidarity with dakota access pipeline (bernie actively protested with them). Only when it was too late and  taken over with defeat did she speak up (too little too late and fake)

No banning lobbying, just taxing wtf. Lobbying is literally legal bribery. She took lobbyists money literally LAST YEAR for her senate campaign and transferred $10million in corrupt money from her senate race and transferred it to her presidential race. I call that HYPOCRISY.

Denounced big money now but literally taking it in the general election and also using $10 million  from senate campaign to presidential campaign (deceitful). She will take millionaires’ money and do their bidding and be just like Obama.

Raised money for raytheon (military industrial complex). She’s the typical pro-war democrat, not progressive at all when it comes to foreign policy. She will keep american imperialism alive.

Actively courting the manipultive DNC elites, when she’s supposedly a “big structural change” candidate, she is kissing up to the status-quo players 

Talking w Hillary Clinton behind closed doors. The mother of the DNC, wall street lover, status-quo lover. 

Opportunistic (unlike bernie who he fought for the same ideas for 40 yrs), she only takes up policies once they are politically safe - not when its just simply the right thing to do.

Media loves her bc she is no threat to their establishment and power.

Will not support primary challengers to democrat colleagues- shes a team player (this is extremely disappointing and worrisome, if she won’t challenge or fight within her own party especially those against mexicare for all or anything, the most important laws will not be passed). Bernie openly expressed he would hold rallies at democratic elites’ home states to pressure them to support his bill (Medicare for All, Green New Deal, etc). That is the only way we grt change, by pressuring these bad democrats with social pressure from their constituents, and the other thing Bernie would do is support their democratic challengers in their election cycle.

Half the country is living pay check to pay check and under her drug pricing Americans will be required to pay $6,000 a year for drugs, while Bernie’s cap is only $200 a year.

Lied about why she left public school teaching (visibly pregnant vs the fact that she didnt have the proper credentials for a permanent position)

Less individual donors (bernie has more donors in counties that went from obama to trump)

Warren will not:

end at will employmentNot diverse (rich white elite)

Have a Plan to double union membership (which would aid wage disparities) 

ban on fracking

Tax the wealthy enough (just 3%)

Warren Used every trick of the book to minimize payments to women who were getting money for breast implants that were faulty and caused autoimmune diseases. Warren sold women out for big corporations. Dow corning https://www.washingtonpost.com

Like HRC, Warren was a Republican turned Democrat.

Like HRC, Warren calls herself progressive while supporting Republican military budgets.  

Like HRC, Warren lies about her personal experiences to appear like a victim.

Seems that in the 90s "Progressive" Liz Warren helped a mining company fight in SCOTUS against a congressional requirement that it pay millions of dollars into a fund for its retired coal miners’ health care.

Since Bill Clinton's presidency, the interests of the managerial class have dominated within the Democratic Party. That's why welfare was ended, NAFTA was passed and unions were allowed to die on the vine. That's why, as Karp points out, the supposed "party of the people" now represents 20 of the wealthiest counties in the country. Sanders alone represents a break from that direction of the Democratic Party, which combines the economic interests of the professional class with enough "woke" virtue-signaling to keep working-class, minority voters from drifting away. It's the kind of politics that allows Warren to make her gender pronouns clear but not her health care plan. 

Warren's coalition points to a doubling down of the professional-class coalition within the Democratic Party. That means more sidelining of the working class, more embracing the tastes and priorities of wealthy liberals, more of the white, working-class finding a home in the racist populism of the right. 

This is just what is required to challenge the power of the ultrarich: a politics that does not treat lower-income voters as a kind of passive supplement for professional liberals, but one that can put the new working class itself at the center of the action.

A choice to center the working class

True leadership isn't picking the winning side just before the election, the way that Warren did when she decided to endorse Hillary Clinton in June 2016

True leadership isnt picking whats politically savvy or favorable

Warren focuses on regulation- hoping that a few good people will do well in a system that has always failed but the whole system is corrupt it needs to be torn down

I really do love it when you bring these points up :flutter:

• Thanks 2